• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Possible to book VWL at 7-months for Thanksgiving?

thyunker

Earning My Ears
I am wondering about my chances of booking a VWL studio for Thanksgiving at the 7-month mark. We are BLT owners and have a reservation there, but my SIL and her family are going to be staying at WL. We want to switch to VWL to be closer to them.

Many thanks for any information:)

We often go for Thanksgiving and book our home resort at 11 month window. I've checked around to see what would be available at 7 month and nothing is ever available!

BLT is just a short boat ride away from VWL. When we stay at BLT, we often take the boat to VWL for dinner.

If you can't get into VWL at 7 months, BLT isn't a bad place to be if you want to spend time with your family at VWL.

If they are staying at the resort not the villas, and they will not CANCEL, why not explore a 2 bedroom rental at WLV and rent out your BLT points. If you split the cost it may be cheaper, and your BLT will offset your cost. We love staying together as a family, and the kitchen option and living room for adults is wonderful! WLV are beautiful during the holidays. Which is why we bought there.

Alas, 2015 will see us at BCV for the holidays instead of our holiday trip as we need the Murphy bed option this summer so are using our WLV points then.

We have already booked a studio at VWL for Thanksgiving from Wed- Sun. We plan to switch to BW at 7 months though. I will make the switch right at 8 AM at 7 months. You could have our room!

I am wondering about my chances of booking a VWL studio for Thanksgiving at the 7-month mark. We are BLT owners and have a reservation there, but my SIL and her family are going to be staying at WL. We want to switch to VWL to be closer to them.

Many thanks for any information:)

I've booked a VWL studio from 11/28 (Sat after Thanksgiving) thru 12/4, and will be looking for a BLT Lake View studio replacement at the 7-month mark. If you try right at the 7 month mark you should be in good shape.

I do this because want to be sure of a room for my vacation, but I like to stay at other resorts, too. And I can't be the only one who does this.

Best of luck Thyunker!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter