Possible trip to Gatlinburg TN ?

sbpuckett said:
Yay! That's where we own our timeshare. planning a Spring Break trip this year and can't wait for the water park!!

We are owners too! We love it there! Westgate is a great resort! The Smokey Mountain Resort is THE most sought after ones they have. :thumbsup2 I also think that TN is a great state to live in...although I am a bit partial! LOL

themooch said:
We are owners too! We love it there! Westgate is a great resort! The Smokey Mountain Resort is THE most sought after ones they have. :thumbsup2 I also think that TN is a great state to live in...although I am a bit partial! LOL

Hi, I also like the Westgate somkey mountain resort. I have been there a couple of times and the place has been great. I am considering buying and every other year there (resale, of course) to complement other timeshares that I have and to gain access to Interval. The only thing I dont like its the BAD reputation Westgate as a company has. How has been your experience?
And have you ever been able to trade to DVC using II?
Good places to rent a timeshare are www.redweek.com and www.bidshares.com Also I have seen GREAT deals on ebay for the Fairfield resort.

I got married in Pigeon Forge so I have a special place in my heart that place :love: We usually stay at the Country Inn and suites across from Park Place and love it!!!! They have an indoor pool and jacuzzi as well as an outdoor pool and jacuzzi too. Check out the "Old Mill" this is a great restuarunt and working mill too. While there you can hop a trolly and see the town for a quarter :teeth: If you go to Gaitlinburg a MUST do is HillBilly Golf.. unlike anything i've seen before :thumbsup2 Have a GREAT time. Pigeon Forge is a place you can never get enough of........

I didn't start this thread, but thank you all, anyway, for the great tips/advice! We just moved to TN a couple months ago (and LOVE it!) and are looking forward to exploring the state. Gatlinburg is on our list of must-do's! I bookmarked all the sites mentioned and will be sure to print out this thread. Thank you!! :thumbsup2

cami89 said:
I didn't start this thread, but thank you all, anyway, for the great tips/advice! We just moved to TN a couple months ago (and LOVE it!) and are looking forward to exploring the state. Gatlinburg is on our list of must-do's! I bookmarked all the sites mentioned and will be sure to print out this thread. Thank you!! :thumbsup2

TN is wonderful, my family lives in Madisonville maybe 2 hrs at the most outside of Gatlinburg. We have a huge family farm up there. Anyway The Lost Sea is a neat place to visit it is in Sweetwater right outside of Madisonville, about an 1.5 hrs outside of Chattanooga ( which is a GREAT town too to visit if ya havent been there) You are soo lucky to have moved to TN. Im super jealous.

http://www.thelostsea.com/home.htm

cami89 said:
We also moved to East Tennesse last July. We live near Knoxville. What town do you live? How do you like it so far. At first I loved it but now I'm a bit homesick for the Ocean mostly. Gatlinburg is alot of fun. We have only stayed overnight once at Bearskin Lodge which was a very nice hotel, king of reminded me of WL. Next time we are going to check out cabin rentals. The indoor water park sound nice too. OT but TN is horrible as far as allergies! I have felt sick pretty much for the last year from it. Good luck to you. As far as the Lost sea, I thought it was dissapointing. Looked really neat in the brochure but it was kind of boring and it smelled like sewage especailly near the boats that you have to hike a mile to. Like 20 family members went and no one liked it not even the kids. But to each his own I guess. Just wanted to warn you.

wow you all have offered so much info thanks for all your responces. Sounds like we will have alot of fun. i have begun researching all the places to stay.I know the summer will be hot but it can't be worse than our trip this past July to disney... although the weather, I thought was great! What time of year do most of you travel there? I have 2 boys who love to fish ,swim and I think would love to whitewater raft, so I didn't want it to be too cool to enjoy these activities as well. Thanks!

carolina traveler said:
Hi, I also like the Westgate somkey mountain resort. I have been there a couple of times and the place has been great. I am considering buying and every other year there (resale, of course) to complement other timeshares that I have and to gain access to Interval. The only thing I dont like its the BAD reputation Westgate as a company has. How has been your experience?
And have you ever been able to trade to DVC using II?
Good places to rent a timeshare are www.redweek.com and www.bidshares.com Also I have seen GREAT deals on ebay for the Fairfield resort.

We have only owned since last October but it's a beautiful resort. Interval was one of the big selling points, that's how we're staying at a 5 star resort in Orlando next month for less than $300 for the week. We also fell in love with the Gatlinburg area and plan to visit too often for the timeshare to not be worth the money.

skitodisney said:
wow you all have offered so much info thanks for all your responces. Sounds like we will have alot of fun. i have begun researching all the places to stay.I know the summer will be hot but it can't be worse than our trip this past July to disney... although the weather, I thought was great! What time of year do most of you travel there? I have 2 boys who love to fish ,swim and I think would love to whitewater raft, so I didn't want it to be too cool to enjoy these activities as well. Thanks!

I went for a week and half last July and although it was a little warm, it was nothing compared to Disney temperatures in July. If we wanted to escape the heat we just went up into the Great Smoky Mountain National Park and the temperature was sooo much cooler there. But it still wasn't bad. Also, the mountain water is very refreshing!! (In a takes your breath away kind of refreshing ;) ).

I've also been in October and March. Also great times to go but it was pretty chilly in the evening. I'm hoping it gets chilly at night in September though as it would make the hot tub on our deck so much more inviting!! :love:

Here are some pics I took at Cades Cove (in the Great Smokey Mtn National Park)

flowerfence.jpg

treeroad.jpg

I am so glad I found this thread. We are going in June and also wanted to know of places to stay, fish, and horseback ride. I will now to go back and read everything to see if all questions were answered. We really want to horseback ride. There will be 9 of us and grandma will watch the little kids so we can go out. We are going to Dollywood and the water park, but are looking for other things to do as well. Thanks for starting this one.

Hey SiS..thanks for starting this thread!!!!

We were wondering how far in advance you should book one of the Cabins in or around Gatlinburg? How fast do they book up? Also..are there any must see Restaurants were an ADR is advised?

Thanks for the feedback!!!

Hey Bro!!
Hows work?
yes this thread has lots of great info!!! We will have a great time in Gatlinburg!

We also stayed at Eagles Ridge (as someone else mentioned). http://www.eaglesridge.com/ They have a large variety of cabins all the way from 1 bedroom up to 9 bedrooms. We stayed in a 1 bedroom loft with a hot tub. Some of the cabins also have home theater rooms and pool tables. It was a nice place and it was right in Pigeon Forge so it was close to everything.

I'm glad I found this thread. We are going the second week of October and staying at the Gatlinburg Townsquare timeshare condos. We were In Gatlinburg in spring 2000, at the Tree Tops Resort. We never went to the Comeday Barn or Dollywood, and I don't believe there was any aquarium there at the time, so that must be fairly new. I'd be interested to hear commentary on Dollywood and any of the other attractions you veterans find worthwhile.

Ripley's really supports military with discounts... My hubby is retired Navy and we got into the aquarium for 6 or 7 dollars... Normal admission is somewhere around 15 -17 if I remember correctly... There are websites with discouts to Ripleys if you don't have a military discount... The discounts even worked for the Haunted adventure and Mini Golf too AWESOME golf courses.... If anyone goes during Oct they have Southern Gospel music inside Dollywood at various locations..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter