Possibly stupid question: App for itinerary planning?

J-Dog

A Nobody
Hopefully there isn't an obvious solution to this question that I am clueless about.

Does anyone know of an app or other mobile-device program that allows you to manually input your own individual itinerary into some type of bullet-point checklist?

I now that there are plenty of pre-established itinerary planning apps, such as the Touring Plans apps for WDW and DLR, and the Shaka app for Hawaii, but (unless I'm wrong) those don't allow you to create your own itinerary to use as a check-off list.

I have my full itinerary planned out for our upcoming Oahu/Aulani trip, but it's on a desktop Word document, and I can't get it to format correctly to look "good" on the screen of a mobile device. So I was hoping that I could use an already-existing app to input my plan into in order to glance at on-the-go (and maybe even check-off stuff as we go), when we are actually on Oahu and using that itinerary.

Does anything like that even exist?

Thanks for any help!

Hopefully there isn't an obvious solution to this question that I am clueless about.

Does anyone know of an app or other mobile-device program that allows you to manually input your own individual itinerary into some type of bullet-point checklist?

I now that there are plenty of pre-established itinerary planning apps, such as the Touring Plans apps for WDW and DLR, and the Shaka app for Hawaii, but (unless I'm wrong) those don't allow you to create your own itinerary to use as a check-off list.

I have my full itinerary planned out for our upcoming Oahu/Aulani trip, but it's on a desktop Word document, and I can't get it to format correctly to look "good" on the screen of a mobile device. So I was hoping that I could use an already-existing app to input my plan into in order to glance at on-the-go (and maybe even check-off stuff as we go), when we are actually on Oahu and using that itinerary.

Does anything like that even exist?

Thanks for any help!

I have the "Numbers" spreadsheet app on my iPhone, similar to MS Excel. I am more of a spreadsheet planner than a word processor. I also print my spreadsheet in PDF format, which works on my iPhone if I don't plan on editing it.

I would put it in my calander app
Thanks! I had thought about that, but there are somedays that I have things planned down to a 15-minute window, so the calendar would have 10 or 15+ entries, making it somewhat burdensome. I may still take your advice and use it though.
I have the "Numbers" spreadsheet app on my iPhone, similar to MS Excel. I am more of a spreadsheet planner than a word processor. I also print my spreadsheet in PDF format, which works on my iPhone if I don't plan on editing it.
Thanks for the idea. I haven't used that app and will look into it. I was really hoping to use something that was editable or "check-off-able" as we go, though.

I use my Calendar app. If days start to get too many entries, I reduce the number of hours displayed on the page so things spread out visually a bit more.

I did a 6 week trip across the US a couple years ago and I used TripIt. I put in hotels and info and it allowed me to add web site info. Its free and can be sent to email

I also added activities with times ect…

I did a 6 week trip across the US a couple years ago and I used TripIt. I put in hotels and info and it allowed me to add web site info. Its free and can be sent to email

I also added activities with times ect…
I just found an app called Tripsy, which seems to be similar to what you're describing - I forwarded them a bunch of reservation emails and it inputted some of them into a personalized itinerary. Seems to work well, from my initial observation.

Thanks! I had thought about that, but there are somedays that I have things planned down to a 15-minute window, so the calendar would have 10 or 15+ entries, making it somewhat burdensome. I may still take your advice and use it though.

Thanks for the idea. I haven't used that app and will look into it. I was really hoping to use something that was editable or "check-off-able" as we go, though.
It’s not 100% perfect but we use Google docs for this (on a browser on PC and within the Google docs app on my iPhone). It’s a tiny bit clunky because you have to remember to tell it you want to edit it before trying to edit, which isn’t that hard but I always forget—but the formatting works OK (you can outline, indent, etc) and looks ok on both devices. Here’s an example of a screen shot from my phone:
1710820911282.png
(It automatically switches from light mode during the day to dark mode at night, but this is configurable too)

It’s not 100% perfect but we use Google docs for this (on a browser on PC and within the Google docs app on my iPhone). It’s a tiny bit clunky because you have to remember to tell it you want to edit it before trying to edit, which isn’t that hard but I always forget—but the formatting works OK (you can outline, indent, etc) and looks ok on both devices. Here’s an example of a screen shot from my phone:
View attachment 843058
(It automatically switches from light mode during the day to dark mode at night, but this is configurable too)
That's kind of what I was attempting to do, but yours looks considerably better. Maybe it's my poor IT skills, but I might need to try it again. Thanks for the advice!

I think I've tried every app under the sun and nothing does exactly what I want it to do. I've conceded that the simplest way is just to type up everything in Word, then physically print out a paper copy right before the trip, with a fresh page for each day. Then I can markup and make changes on the fly with just a pen, and discard each day's page as it goes by.

That's kind of what I was attempting to do, but yours looks considerably better. Maybe it's my poor IT skills, but I might need to try it again. Thanks for the advice!
My IT skills are nothing to brag about. I hate dealing with Word on my iPhone— Google docs seems to transfer better on the Google docs app.

I plan most of my trips in Google sheets. That lets me download it on my phone and update it from anywhere.

I think I've tried every app under the sun and nothing does exactly what I want it to do. I've conceded that the simplest way is just to type up everything in Word, then physically print out a paper copy right before the trip, with a fresh page for each day. Then I can markup and make changes on the fly with just a pen, and discard each day's page as it goes by.
This was the plan if I couldn't find anything else. Just much more of a hassle but certainly doable. Thanks.
My IT skills are nothing to brag about. I hate dealing with Word on my iPhone— Google docs seems to transfer better on the Google docs app.
My bad. I wasn't differentiating Word from Google docs. I might have to try that instead. Thanks again.

I use Excel, I'm more of a spreadsheeter than a Word person and I prefer the MS programs over Google apps. I plan everything on my laptop then have it on my phone an ipad to view/edit during the trip. I also plug anything scheduled into my calendar. For some trips calendar blocks is enough.

TripIt is good for compiling travel reservations. I don't think its designed to do more of the day to day stuff.

Personally I use my phone Notes app and make a table with dates, flights, nights, car rentals, and other notes.

I know professional bloggers recommend TripIt, you email each reservation to your app email and it combines them all together into an itinerary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter