• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post ADR Anxiety

AirGoofy

DIS Dad#341
I'm not sure if there is a better term for it, so I came up with this. Does anyone else have post ADR anxiety - after you carefully planned your ADRs, made all of them at 180 days, scheduled all of them at the times you wanted, but then started thinking - what should I change?

How do you keep from changing your ADR(s)? Or, how many times do you call and make the changes? For our upcoming June trip, I made ADRs, added DP, made additional ADRs, added Deluxe DP, changed ADRs, and think I am happy with it, or maybe I should change ...

Well, you're not alone!

I was originally booked club level. Then downgraded to garden view and added the regular DP. Then I upgraded to the DXDP. Then my parents decided they wanted to come.

I think I've changed my dining reservations a dozen times! But luckily, I've been able to keep the restaurants I wanted, just changed days/times/party size. Oh, and Le Cellier and CRT were amongst the changes.

So hang in there - and feel free to tweak your plans until your heart is content! :love:

Find another aspect of your vacation to plan. I'm being quite serious.

I think one of the reasons for wanting to mess with ADR's is that so much time is spent in advance agonizing over what, where, when and how to eat. You sit and plan, re-plan, read some posts, change your mind ..... and repeat the whole process. It is a bit of an anti-climax once they are all done and you just need to find another purpose in your planning. ;)

Unless there is a good reason for changing something, I try not to touch them. If you are worrying now, you probably put a considerable amount of time and carfeful consideration into your ADR selections. Trust your own effort and relax about them. We've all been there, but it helps when you know when to call time out. :goodvibes

I have come down with the Post Anxiety Disorder, it happened shortly after I made my ressies last Wednesday at the 180 mark.
My ressie for Le Cellier is on my second choice of days but is later than I wanted 8:15pm but it was the only one available for dinner for either of my planned Epcot Days. So yes I have been checking numerous times each day hopeing something a bit earlier might open up on either day.
Then yesterday I realized my ressie for Prime Time was too late 4:30 if I wanted to try and catch Fantasmic and wait for a good seat so I changed that one to a 2:30.
Today I was looking at Rose and Crown thinking of maybe changeing my Le Cellier, dropping it really, but then did not do it.
I don't know how I will survive until November :rotfl2:

OK, so it's good to see that I'm not alone. Usually, I am the relaxed, take it easy person. However, DW would schedule ADRs and I would say maybe we should change this one. Her solution was to make me in charge. I have a great list - all the ones we wanted (Le Cellier, CRT dinner, Akershus Breakfast, etc.) at the desired times, but then I started thinking, maybe I should try to move this breakfast to this day and this dinner to this day.

I wonder if I could this condition would be covered by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM). Hmmm, if the treatment would be a trip to WDW, would my insurance pay for it? :laughing:

I think or at least I hope my post anxiety disorder is cured now, I woke in the middle of the night 2:30 am could not get back to sleep so jumped on the computer and you guessed it, went to go check and see if maybe there might be an earlier ressie for Le Cellier on my Epcot days, I was thinking there might be since there is so much controversy about Le Cellier changeing to a signature restaurant and decor and menu changes, what did I find ? A ressie for 5:10 and one for 5:30, I snagged the one for 5:10 and went back to bed...happy now and fell back to sleep.
But wait it was not over yet :eek:
I woke around 8am and the thought crossed my mind to check and see when the eat to the beat concerts times were...........that is when it hit me I had to go see if I could schedule my dinner ressies a bit earlier:scared1:
Long story short I found a 4:05 for Le Cellier on the Tues that I had a ressie for Biergarten, oh but wait there is a Biergarten for 4:05 for the Wednesday I had ressie for Le Cellier, quickly I put both into my cart and booked them , then cancelled my other ressies for Le Cellier 5:10 on Wednesday and Biergarten 5:05 on Tuesday.
So yes I am cured, er done unless.................:rotfl2:

I hope my post anxiety disorder is cured now, I woke in the middle of the night 2:30 am could not get back to sleep ... So yes I am cured, unless.:rotfl2:

:rotfl::rotfl::lmao::rotfl::lmao::rotfl:

My dilemma. We are staying at WL this time and we do not do parks everyday. Usually, I try to plan 1 day where we never leave the resort. Unfortunately, I can't do that this time. There are 2 non park days. And, I have Ohana breakfast and HDDR and WCC breakfast and Cali Grill (Wishes ADR) for dinner respectively. The WCC breakfast is the morning following MNSSHP. So, if I could move the dinners, HDDR is not technically at WL. Really, is Cali Grill that "far" from WL - of course not. Artist Point is not in the equation. I'm debating how I want to configure boat/monorail trips. Really, all my problems should be so grand. It is a sickness - no doubt;)

This is so FUNNY! I just switched 3 ADR's to different times on the original day, but I couldn't move 2 ADR's on the original date. So, now I'm wondering whether I should look at different dates and replan the whole trip!!!!

This is so FUNNY! I just switched 3 ADR's to different times on the original day, but I couldn't move 2 ADR's on the original date. So, now I'm wondering whether I should look at different dates and replan the whole trip!!!!

I only had to play around with 2 of my days and I am happy to report I have not been back to the reservation pages today at all since I moved my two Epcot ressies...........I am cured !!!!!!:banana:

I've been messing with our ADR's everyday for about 80 days, until I finally called it done last week. I still check every day to see if I can get Le Cellier instead of Akershus for our Epcot day, but my window for the ressie is so small that I doubt it will happen. But as others have said, I have moved onto the packing lists and other thing that need to get done. I am pretty satisfied that our plan including ADR's is as good as it is going to get without adding more days to the trip :scared1:

FWIW, the family is glad to stop hearing the dining update changes at dinner every night...;)

FWIW, the family is glad to stop hearing the dining update changes at dinner every night...;)

:rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: That's too funny. Now keep in mind, we did a last minute trip and were able to get a CRT breakfast reservation the morning we checked in for the following day. Never give up hope ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter