Post Christmas Trip

LadyNia

Mouseketeer
Currently planning a post Christmas trip for next year. Our son will be 4 years old then and we would plan to leave the 26th. For those who have done this, was your child disappointed to leave behind their Christmas gifts to go to Disney World or did the excitement of going to Disney make that not a big deal?
Additional info: This will not be his first trip to Disney. We went earlier this year and also have a trip planned for next August.

Nope! Our kids packed a few toys to play with (small like hotwheels, a new stuffed animal, etc.) but were beyond excited to be heading out on vacation. It gave them something to look forward to, and they looked forward to playing with their toys when they got back vs. the normal "Disney blues" after returning! :)

Next year… Pack away some of those mini Advent Calendars and keep for hotel / resort room . More fun to open all at once …
Lego has some great ones with many different themes but good selections need to be purchased just after Thanksgiving to avoid
Sold Out .

Currently my grandkids are just in high school years and I can tell they would rather be with their friends than visiting with Grandmother at WDW this holiday week. Prob won’t see them next year for our traditional visit . That’s OK I was teenager too Once Upon a Time

Have done that time of year a few times. The excitement of Disney on the holidays made up for leaving most of their gifts home. The only down side is the high crowd level that week.

Get presents he can take to Disney. Like his own suitcase, swimsuit and goggles, or an Amazon fire to use on the trip there.

Update: I'll be cancelling our post-Christmas trip in favor of a spring Disney cruise. Once I started doing the math for a trip the week of Christmas vs. a Disney Cruise, the cruise won. I also think the cruise will be a more relaxing trip than WDW at one of the busiest times of the year. Hope this thread helps anyone else wanting to venture to the World during Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter