• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post family Disney-theme night ideas HERE!

Incredible!!! What great attention to detail. How long did all of this take you? You are Mom of the year!

Aww... thanks guys. My plan is that, even if my kids don't remember what they GOT for their birthdays, they will NEVER forget their parties. I'm trying to build memories. :lovestruc

It takes me about a month and a half. I spend a couple weeks researching, then about a month "building". lol Funny how it takes about 10 minutes to take it down and toss it in the trash though. ;) Luckily, DH did the tossing... I don't know if I could have. :lmao:

That party was awesome!!!!! Is there any way you could post past parties? We all have party-envy right now.

Miss Mickee - LOVE all of the parties! You should've sold all of the Toy Story stuff on Craigslist... I'm sure someone would've scooped it up!

Would anyone mind if I started a website with these ideas? I've been toying with the idea for awhile... I love having Disney movie nights and would like to expand into "other" movie nights as well... I thought it would be nice to have a website with all of the ideas, recipes, pictures, etc. and maybe some printables for activities?

It would be a great winter project to keep me busy :) Let me know what you all think... thanks!!!

Miss Mickee - LOVE all of the parties! You should've sold all of the Toy Story stuff on Craigslist... I'm sure someone would've scooped it up!

Would anyone mind if I started a website with these ideas? I've been toying with the idea for awhile... I love having Disney movie nights and would like to expand into "other" movie nights as well... I thought it would be nice to have a website with all of the ideas, recipes, pictures, etc. and maybe some printables for activities?

It would be a great winter project to keep me busy :) Let me know what you all think... thanks!!!

thank that's a great idea!!! please send me the link!!!

I'd rather not have my photos and ideas on a website. Thanks for asking before using them.

Because of you I had my Kiddo's Birthday party a huge hit. i just posted them in my trip report the link is in my Sig.

I won't use anyone's pictures on here since those are private of course but if you'd like them to be used, I'll have an email address on the website where you can contribute photos. Ideas can be anyone's though... is the original creator of this thread still keeping it up to date?

Lisa...the TSM party is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! I can't even imagine how much time you spent on that, wow!! Great job!

Our movie nights started tonight. We are doing Snow white. I hope I can get some photos up in the next couple days

DS's Toy Story Midway Mania birthday party was a HUGE sucess!! It took TONS of planning...

What a fantastic job you did on that! It's no wonder it was an absolute hit. The kids will likely never forget the good time they had. I will surely be 'stealing' some of your ideas for future events. ;)

Please do not use my movie nights or photos for the web page. I am the originator of this thread and I am toying with the idea of starting a web page and still may choose to do so. Many thanks for asking first.

Please do not use my movie nights or photos for the web page. I am the originator of this thread and I am toying with the idea of starting a web page and still may choose to do so. Many thanks for asking first.

Will you be updating the list soon? There have been quite a few posts that aren't listed in the original post so I was just wondering...

I just booked a trip for the kids, myself, and my mom for spring break! We now have 13 weeks until we leave for our trip so we are going to do a movie every week until our trip. This Saturday we are doing Beauty and Beast. DD got to pick out the first movie and then we will rotate.

Having the index is wonderful, it made finding ideas very easy! Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this wonderful thread.

For Beauty and the Beast I will set the table using the "good" dishes. We will eat by candlight. We will have chicken, potates, green beans, and rolls for dinner. The kids will have hot chocolate and french crullers for dessert. I have coloring pages for them to color while watching the movie. My dd got the Disney Headbands game for her birthday so I am going to pull out the Beauty and the Best Characters and we will see if we can each guess who we are.

I am very excited and can't wait to see which movies my kids pick.

I'm pretty behind on my posts and have a few nights to do, starting with the Indiana Jones Birthday Party/Movie Night we surprised my husband with. My girls were really into this one and everyone participated to make it a surprise. We pretty much pulled the whole thing together in one afternoon--very spur of the moment which is sometimes more fun!

We set up the entryway to look like a jungle as my husband walked in. Then there was a scroll (message printed on brown paper bag, crinkled to age it) directing my husband to his "gear" that he was to change into. He was a very good sport and played along.

Activities:
We started the night with a scavenger hunt that I had set up. They had to keep the lights off and used a flameless candle to search with. For the clues, I again printed on crinkled brown paper bags. The final clue led to a treasure chest I made containing candy, popcorn, and the movie. It turned out super cute, but I forgot to take a picture of it.

Decorations:
We decorated with tons of paper snakes, spiderwebs left over from Halloween, green streamers crinkled to look like vines, leaves cut form tissue paper, jewels, and anything around the house that looked like it would be at home in an Indiana Jones movie.

Food:
Snake Bread and Pasta
Snake Cake
Poison Sodas with Eyeball fizzy sticks

My middle daughter is obsessed with duct tape and made a really cool whip. All in all a really fun night!

Birthday Boy and his girls:
BG

FOOD
Snake Bread:
BG

Fizzing Eyeballs:
BG

Snake Cake:
BG

Poison Soda:
BG

DECORATIONS
BG

BG

BG

BG

BG

Opening the first clue:
BG

Searching for more clues:
BG

Found one:
BG

BG

Duct tape whip:
BG

Looks like you had a great time. My oldest DS picked this for his birthday theme when he turned 10. He loved it! The kids said this was the best party they had been to.

I used brown mailing paper and twisted it into vines, I painted a small foam cooler with gold paint for the teasure chest and the kids had to find, my dh taped together several large boxes into a maze like shape and we timed the kids to see who could crawl through the "cave" the fastest, I used a kidded pool filled with bird seed and the kids had to dig through and find treasure, I setup targets and the kids had to see if they could hit target using nerf guns, I also hid a the cup for the holy grail. For food we had red jello in monkey head cups for brains, had grapes for eye balls, and other finger foods. I think I had more fun putting the party together then the kids had.

I am really looking forward to our Beauty and the Beast night on Saturday.

We did our Beauty and the Beast night last Night. It was fun. We had a fancy dinner of "Beastly steaks", Mrs. Potts Mashed potatoes, french french bread, salad. We had French crullers for dessert. We ate by candle light. We colored pictures of Belle and Beast while watching the movie. We also played Disney Headbands but only used Beauty and the Beast characters. We also marked off the first day on our count down calendar. Our next movie night is Toy Story 3. I will try to remember to take pictures this time to share.

Aww... thanks guys. My plan is that, even if my kids don't remember what they GOT for their birthdays, they will NEVER forget their parties. I'm trying to build memories. :lovestruc

It takes me about a month and a half. I spend a couple weeks researching, then about a month "building". lol Funny how it takes about 10 minutes to take it down and toss it in the trash though. ;) Luckily, DH did the tossing... I don't know if I could have. :lmao:

Tons of credit to you! IMO you are making wise choices on where to put the priority when it comes to birthday parties. My oldest are 20 now and they don't remember many of their gifts, but they certainly remember their parties. However, I was NEVER as creative as you. BTW, it's not just your kids that remember it. Which, as your kids become teens, is nice to have their friends remind them what wonderful parents they have! lol

your party is inspiring!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter