Post family Disney-theme night ideas HERE!

Did you find Frozen character figurines? My daughter's birthday is in April and she wants a Frozen theme, I love that craft idea since my daughter loves snow globes!

No, we didn't get any specific Frozen figurines. The craft store near us had a set of generic plastic princesses we used and a set of dragons for the boys.

My daughter got invited to a different Frozen party this weekend (they are pretty popular right now!) and they had some amazing things there. They decorated their basement with blue lights and snowflakes and called it the ice palace. They also played freeze tag and pin the nose on Olaf.

I've seen this thread many times one rate years - or others like it anyhow :) but never came over to visit. I wish i had!!

Love these ideas. This is the first year my girls are big enough to really get excited about a trip - time has more meaning so we're letting them know about the trip more than a month out.

I think we'll incorporate a few theme nights into our countdown. According to their countdown (it's slightly longer than the real countdown) :thumbsup2 The pirate fairy is released on day 151, soI want to plan something for day 150 with the Pirate Fairy as a theme.

Any ideas for a Frozen night as the movie is going to be released soon? Thanks!

We just had 2 Frozen birthdays - one in dec and one in Feb

I made a cake with pale blue frosting, then made Royal Icing Snowflakes to put on top.

We had a punch bowl full of water and a carrot - I stamped up a sign with 'Melted Snowman' on it. It's amazing how much water those kids drank :rotfl2:

We had a 'Paper Fractal Making Station' (Paper snowflakes)

I had a "Would You Like To Paint A Snowman" station - with homemade puff paint - one part white glue, one part lightly/unscented shaving FOAM, lots of white/pale blue glitter, and peppermint extract - mix and put in the fridge for an hour or so before use - it works without being in the fridge, but for snowmen it's fun to have cold paint. It takes awhile to dry, but was tons of fun for the kids.

For the adults I had a "Norwegian Coffee Cake Latte" station - a latter made with almond milk and a dash of Cardamon - or regular milk and almond syrup or a minuscule amount of almond extract would work as well.

I used a circuit cake to cut sliced cheese and meats into snowflake shapes - a cookie cutter would work as well.

Oh and for DH - b/c he's like that - I had chocolate covered (decaf) coffee beans labeled 'Reindeer Droppings" The kids thought it was hilarious.

I had so much fun getting it all ready.

tyffanidawn WOW!!!! Really fun looking food and great decorations!! Where did you get all the cute paper cutout figures? Really good job :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Does anyone have any ideas for Secretariat? I just got the movie and I want to have an awesome movie night because this is my grandpa's favorite movie. Please and thank you!

We had a frozen night tonight

Activities
1. We made snowman with sparkly playdough and had competitions on rolling the longest roll.
2. Making snowflakes
3. Frozen Maze activity sheet.
4. Styling Oalf

All found here http://www.disney.co.uk/movies/frozen/activities

Food

Starter: Olaf dip, sour cream dip with olives, carrot and breadsticks.
Main: Troll Rocks (meatballs) snowy hills, (mash potato), trees (broccoli) snowman (doughballs)
Dessert: Ice cream snowman.

Kirsten

Not a Movie Night but we had my son's 3rd birthday party last Saturday with a Cars & Planes theme.

Here's the menu.

El Chupacabra salsa and chips
Dottie's mechanical rods
Chug's popcorn
Skipper's stars - watermelon
Tomater salad
Wheels n cheese
Dusty dippers carrots
Luigi's donut tires
Stoplight brownies
Tailwinds cupcakes

We just served hamburgers and hot dogs. :)

1014064_10202572461766668_5070976951519023605_n.jpg

10013178_10202572462206679_757712584471470670_n.jpg

10151275_10102943247350562_7478387976905406431_n.jpg

Will be doing a Frozen theme for my daughter's at the end of June. :)

I loved the Plane and Frozen ideas. We are going again in December so its time to start Family Movie Nights again!

Last month we did Darby O'Gill and the Little People. It was a fun movie night, but the movie was...strange. :rotfl:

Invitation:

Decorations:

Found these fun straws at Walmart:

Food:

DS "modeling" the fun straws, LOL!

Lucky Charms Bracelets being assembled:

Potato Candy, and an extra St. Patty's Day treat:

A finished bracelet:

And this month's movie theme is a popular one on here lately:

CARS!!! :cool1:

I stopped doing Disney themed nights for a while but am starting to get back into doing them since we have a trip booked for November. Love everyone's ideas! Going to do a Frozen theme night tomorrow night. I will post some pics.

Hello everyone,
I love doing my disney parties and i have a bunch posted on this thread. As the day of our trip approached I became swamped with school work so I didn't post them on here because the hassle with photobucket which is time consuming. The last party I posted was our Wreck-It-Ralph party (Post 2069-70 on page 138) but I did a few after that and Ive finally got the pictures together.
We did Song Of The South:
Menu
IMG_3538.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Food

Early Afternoon of our Monsters Inc party, Lowes had one of their activites which was Monsters Inc:goodvibes

Despicable Me2 party and we went to the movies to see Despicable Me2!
Foods were:
Minion Corndogs & fries, Minion Twinkies, Good & bad Minion Marshmellows on a stick & Minion Shakes
P.S. Blue food coloring and a busy toddler was something I didnt take into consideration!!!!:eek:

Movie Timepopcorn::

***I have no clue why I waste my time resizing and cropping these pictures because it never post here as if I did:confused3***

Oh my gosh. Your Despicable Me food was awesome. I have to say, seeing a picture of your son reminds me of when my little man was that small. I just want to eat those cheeks up. So fun

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter