• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

!!!!!!!!!(post filled in now...sorry)

Tiggerlover91

DIS Veteran
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Sorry, just wondering why somedays I get out of bed. Feeling sorry for myself...AGAIN...and feeling like a bad wife because I hate driving 76 miles round trip to take DH back and forth to work. His motorcycle just sits outside as we don't have $400+ to fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:
Forgive me, I think I should stay away for awhile and try to clear my head.

:(

i.gif

5.gif
5.gif
5.gif
5.gif
5.gif
5.gif

Okay, I'm much less confused now :) {{{HUGS}}} sweetie

Originally posted by Tiggerlover91
Forgive me, I think I should stay away for awhile and try to clear my head.

:(

{{hugs}} That would drive me crazy, too. 76 miles round trip once a day or twice a day?

Twice a day browneyes!!! I take him to work, I come home. I go to work....only 5 miles away and then I go to pick him up and back home again. I'm putting almost 200 miles on my car daily!!!

Boy if I just curse right now!!!!

Now can't he take public transportation? Or Ride Share?

Ride Share is national www.share-a-ride.org Well, I just checked the site, this is the PA one, but I know there is one in Ohio because I used it. Maybe the Florida State Transportation website has something.

How about a closer job? I remember you getting the apartment so it would be cheaper, but its not exactly cheaper on your gas/wear/tear on car, and other things... and your sanity.

This cheaper apartment defeats the purpose of saving money,

Having said that, I have been there done that. We had one car for 8 1/2 years! With two kids!

You need to figure out something, or just get the bike fixed. In the meantime, it would be a closer job alternative, or maybe a closer 2nd job/weekends/nights until $400 is made, and then fix the bike, and quit 2nd job.

You can $400 easy delivering pizzas, or working retail (Retail would take longer). Or maybe do some other stuff on the side.

I don't want to be mean, but it seems like the easier thing to do would be for him to either drop you at work and pick you up, or for you to find a way to get back and forth the five miles. This would cut the mileage on the car way, way, down. Sure, it is not a perfect solution, and it will involve some compromise on both of your parts, but it seems to me that getting back and forth five miles is a heck of a lot more surmountable than getting back and forth the longer distance (assuming public transportation is not available). Sorry you are in this situation.

Originally posted by Tiggerlover91
Twice a day browneyes!!! I take him to work, I come home. I go to work....only 5 miles away and then I go to pick him up and back home again. I'm putting almost 200 miles on my car daily!!!

Boy if I just curse right now!!!!
I hope his bike gets fixed soon. 1000+ miles a week could put me half way to California! That's a whole lotta driving time. I'd be way past frustrated!

Big {{hugs}} Denise. I hope you guys can work it out soon so you don't have to drive so many miles to take him to work.

I'm agreeing with Doctor P. Now a public transport option may be available to you with the more local job.

I remember when I waitressed, I was usually in the restaurant the whole time and didn't need a car.

This is when we only had one car, DH took it to work, and I walked to the restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter