Post pics of your Halloween costumes for MNSSHP

Oh my gosh-- were you there in the first half of October? I remember you! We LOVED your costumes! DD was 7 at the time and I know she was pointing you out to us and I think she might have even told you she loved your Kevin costume. If it wasn't you, then someone else stole your idea!!!

We were there in September - so it wasn't us....glad someone else had the great idea of Kevin as a costume!

It doesn't look like it drags on the ground. As long as she doesn't add a mask or a cape that goes below the waist, it should be fine.

Based on the posted costume guidelines, this looks fine. I think it's really cute!

If she wears petticoats under it or a hoop (not sure how it holds it's shape from the photo!) she might have to have some extra screening, but can't see there'd be a problem!

That's adorable and a dress you could wear at Disney any day of the week; not just during the parties with no problem at all.

Liz

Wouldn't think it would be a problem at all - totally adorable!

10694407_10203359805300609_5754996233254482225_o_zpsehbo67ad.jpg

We went as the incredibles. It was just really simple costumes that weren't to hot to wear in the parks. Made with felt.

Looking a simple/homemade Donald costume. Anyone done it before.
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

Here is an idea for Donald. I would have loved for DH to have worn some blue shorts or let my mom make him a "sailer style" cape but he wouldn't! Hope this helps!

10518335_10205274534408911_7230257822718200377_o.jpg

One reason DH wouldn't do much to help me out this year was he was still feeling the repercussions of our last Halloween! lol
1390483_10202433312220132_976121569_n.jpg

We went as Capt Hook Wendy and my son was Peter, I had more sword fights with other guests than I could count, we be walking and someone would say En Guard, such a good time. I was always enjoyed going to Disney during Christmas but the Halloween Party changed my mind.

I wish I took a picture, one family was dressed as 101 Dalmatians so very cute.

Ok guys, I decided to change my costume for MNSSHP to match my husband.
My husband decided that he is going to wear a Jack Skellington T-shirt he bought at Old Navy:

With that in mind, I then decided to go with a Tim Burton look. I just bought this cute little dress online:

By adding this wig and stockings I think it matches the whole Jack Skellington theme without being too over the top:

Or instead of the wig, I also found these cool accessories at the dollar store: a mini witch hat and purple light up hair. I can wear either of them with the dress or wear them both together.

What do you guys think?

Where did you get the dress?! I would like to have that just in regular life!

I personally hate wigs, especially if there's a chance the weather could be warm. I think the mini witch hat is super cute!

I tend to go slightly overboard with the details - I am a stage costumer by training, so I blame that!

To go along with our costumes for this year (below), DBF and I will be wearing wigs - we know it'll be hot but we are both cosplayers and feel like we need to go full out! I have to style the wigs in the next couple weeks.

I am also making a 'wallet' out of a blue book for my Belle - I have cut out the center of the interior pages, mod-podged them all together, and added a magnet closure. This way our tickets, cards, etc, all fit inside and add to the costume! I'll be carrying a small basket, too.

DBF picked our costumes for this year - Village Belle and Gaston!

pumpkin.png

MNSSHP 2011. This is the closest I got to a cohesive costume, and it's not even that cohesive. The pink cape is a Superman cape I got from Six Flags lol. I'm not creative when it comes to costumes.

I'm going to my 1st Halloween party this year. Do people only dress as Disney related? We were thinking of going as an 80's hair band group.

I'm going to my 1st Halloween party this year. Do people only dress as Disney related? We were thinking of going as an 80's hair band group.

You will see the majority of people dressed up with Disney related costumes, but not everyone. Lots of people dress up in non-Disney themes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter