Post-race park activities

Mr_Incr3dible

50 miles at 55!
I've been thinking about which parks to do on which days after the races.

FWIW, I've done that twice before and the lesson learned from the first time is to not get stuck standing in any long lines.
I was in the parks after the half for my Goofy and made sure to stick to rides/attractions with short lines and keep moving, and didn't have muscles tightening up.
Didn't do that the first time and paid for it that night and the next day. Lesson learned.

I really want to take in the new Star Wars Galaxy's Edge and the Rise of the Resistance ride. I figured Thur might be a good morning for that, before all the weekend crowds arrive, with Fri as a backup.

So my thought is to head to Hollywood Studios on Thur morning. I have no clue about breakfast yet. I *love* the buffet breakfasts like at the Crystal Palace, but I don't know of anything in or near Hollywood Studios for something like that.

For all four days, I'll have a park hopper and be open to rides, mischief, or dinner in the various parks.

FWIW, I've done that twice before and the lesson learned from the first time is to not get stuck standing in any long lines.

Good advice.

I've done parks three times after Halfs. Two times we were at Disneyland, and we were staying a walk away from the parks. The first time I chose to take the bus back to the resort, which was the worst decision ever because I sat to wait. And wait. And wait. But once I took a cool bath we walked to the park and walked around all day, and it was good. The second time I walked back to the hotel and felt good.

And the third time was actually the last "full" Half for *nighttime* Wine and Dine. We got back to the resort (SSR, which required a walk to our room), soaked our legs, slept, and hit AK the next day. Timing-wise that's longer between run and parks than the morning events, but the day in AK was the best. So much time to just walk, lots of spaces to pull over and stretch without impacting anyone. I would choose AK for a post-Half park at WDW.

I usually do not eat much on a HS morning before getting through a few of the headliners. Once I get those attractions out of the way, I typically slow down and start with a large-strong-black coffee at The Trolley Car Café. While there I cannot resist starting with a Carrot Cake Cookie. (I know - I know, not the healthiest option but I have no willpower). Also not the best park for a large sit-down breakfast...

If you are into theme-ing, you may like Hollywood & Vine. Another option is to take the skyliner over the the Riviera and fill up at Topolino's Terrace.

Good advice.

I've done parks three times after Halfs. Two times we were at Disneyland, and we were staying a walk away from the parks. The first time I chose to take the bus back to the resort, which was the worst decision ever because I sat to wait. And wait. And wait. But once I took a cool bath we walked to the park and walked around all day, and it was good. The second time I walked back to the hotel and felt good.

And the third time was actually the last "full" Half for *nighttime* Wine and Dine. We got back to the resort (SSR, which required a walk to our room), soaked our legs, slept, and hit AK the next day. Timing-wise that's longer between run and parks than the morning events, but the day in AK was the best. So much time to just walk, lots of spaces to pull over and stretch without impacting anyone. I would choose AK for a post-Half park at WDW.
That bit about AK post-race is helpful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter