Post Wasters-Be Our Guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew I couldn't be alone. Haven't been to Disney since 2011 and I've been missing it so much.

I'm envious of those that go yearly! We haven't been since August 2011, and I miss it dreadfully. Most people in the UK never even go to America, yet alone WDW, so I guess I'm lucky. We are having to save like crazy!

We are going at the end of October! YIPPEE! Would you guys say it's a bad thing to miss two weeks of school? I am in 10th grade now, and will be in 11th grade when I go. I'm worried about missing work.

Sigh. The flights alone are about $5000 for the five of us. That's a whole holiday in Europe!

Would you guys ever stay offsite? I don't think we would, otherwise the trip wouldn't be worth the money! We have stayed offsite and it just felt rather isolated. I adore SSR, and vastly prefer it to AKL and the Poly. Although I'd love to stay at the GF some day. My ambition is to own DVC.

There are now plans to build DVC at the Poly! Exciting!

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'm envious of those that go yearly! We haven't been since August 2011, and I miss it dreadfully. Most people in the UK never even go to America, yet alone WDW, so I guess I'm lucky. We are having to save like crazy!

We are going at the end of October! YIPPEE! Would you guys say it's a bad thing to miss two weeks of school? I am in 10th grade now, and will be in 11th grade when I go. I'm worried about missing work.

Sigh. The flights alone are about $5000 for the five of us. That's a whole holiday in Europe!

Would you guys ever stay offsite? I don't think we would, otherwise the trip wouldn't be worth the money! We have stayed offsite and it just felt rather isolated. I adore SSR, and vastly prefer it to AKL and the Poly. Although I'd love to stay at the GF some day. My ambition is to own DVC.

There are now plans to build DVC at the Poly! Exciting!

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We're going to be there sometime in July of 2014 after the 4th of July week since that'll be packed. We used to be able to go yearly, but money has gotten tight, hence why we haven't been since 2011.

I don't think I'd ever want to stay offsite, haven't before, and if we're gonna put the money towards the trip I think we should make it as enjoyable as possible. I remember even eating a dinner offsite was the worst for me :rotfl:

My favorite resort is the BC, but I did really enjoy the Poly. WL used to be our favorite until we ventured to other resorts. AKL was nice, but I wasn't too fond of the location. I don't think I'd want to stay at the GF, but I've always thought it looked nice.

About school, missing two weeks you would, of course, miss a lot of work, but I'm sure it's doable, especially if it's for something you don't often have the chance to do. Hopefully you'll be able to get as much work beforehand, so you could limit how much you'll miss/have to makeup.

Random: I'm in my dad's space at his office, he's in a board meeting... trying to type quietly... :p

I'm staying up late to figure our places to eat when my family goes sometime next year. My dad and I are the Disney Freaks in the family, and he's making me compile a list of reaturants, where they are, and what food they serve so he can choose where we eat :rotfl: It's 1 AM!

Ugh I slept in for like two hours this morning, we had softball last night, then Dad and I watched the 14u play, then I had to go to my dad's board meeting, then we had to go get steer feed... I wasn't in bed by 11:00, asleep by 11:45 tops. Up at 9:20 :p I usually try to get up early so I can have the tv to myself :happytv::rotfl:

Oh the. There were these little girls and adorable little boys from two families I know there, so I had to watch two babies, one of which kept crawling into the dugout, and two girls (5 and 6/7) and a little boy (?). On the plus side the little boy gave me his Skittles

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter