• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post when you get your Virgin (VH) tickets

Young Pooh

DIS Veteran
I know that quite a lot of us are going over the month or so, many with Virgin Holidays.

It might be interesting to see when we all get our tickets so that people can anticipate when theirs will arrive. I know that the days of getting them about 3 weeks before are well gone - I have seen posts where people are still waiting with only a week to go.:scared1:

So, could you please post the date you get your Big Red Envelope and the date that you travel.

Thanks.

I know that quite a lot of us are going over the month or so, many with Virgin Holidays.

It might be interesting to see when we all get our tickets so that people can anticipate when theirs will arrive. I know that the days of getting them about 3 weeks before are well gone - I have seen posts where people are still waiting with only a week to go.:scared1:

So, could you please post the date you get your Big Red Envelope and the date that you travel.

Thanks.
24th July showed on VH system as sent, received 25th July, for 12th August

I received my tickets, vouchers etc at the end of last week and we travel out on 19th Aug. I think they are averaging about 2 weeks before at the moment.

Well, we go in 11 days and we still haven't recevied ours. I phoned them on Saturday and they told me they were being packaged together. We're going to the west coast though.

If they are not here by Wednesday I will be starting to panic.

There is a bit of a discussion over on the Dibb about the waiting time.

im still waiting for mine :sad2:

Phone VH again tonight as still not tickets. Same standard reply they are still going through ticketing.

He has made a note on our booking and told me they will be here within 4 working days. I have never ever had tickets posted out so late to going. We fly next Friday at 06.30 to LHR.

Will they arrive by Monday, or will I be phoning India again?

DH says he's going to drive down to Crawley to pick them up if they don't come by Monday.

We leave on Sunday for Gatwick flying on Monday - no tickets :(

I spoke to them today and they said they would be ready to send in 2-3 days. Not a happy bunny as we booked Hilton so we could use Twilight check in - you can't do that if you have to collect tickets apparently and I just don't believe that if they send them on Friday I will get them in time. I am really really angry - the woman I spoke to was useless, she just kept saying that she would keep an eye on it.

I am going to ring tomorrow to see if they have sent them and speak to a supervisor if not.

Mel
x

This is really bad customer service. I just can't believe what is going on. Fingers crossed they come today for you and that mine arrive on Monday.

It's so stressfull.

Last time I used VH the tix arrived the day before we flew despite them claiming they had been sent out more than a week before. Totally useless. When they finally arrived they had not been sent more than a week before, only a matter of days. They must have been lying around on someones desk.

What I did do though was obtain the Locator for our reservation so I could do on-line check in.

I hope all gets sorted for you.

Yeah, my Big Red Envelope arrived half an hour ago.:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Looking at everyone's comments, it seems to be that they are coming out around 2 1/2 to 2 weeks before departure, but if you don't get them then, it seems to be that you only get them last minute.:eek::eek:

Not sure if the type of package you have booked has any effect - ours was just a flydrive with some Universal tickets.

Hope everyone gets their tickets in plenty of time given the upcoming postal strikes.

Yeah, my Big Red Envelope arrived half an hour ago.:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Looking at everyone's comments, it seems to be that they are coming out around 2 1/2 to 2 weeks before departure, but if you don't get them then, it seems to be that you only get them last minute.:eek::eek:

Not sure if the type of package you have booked has any effect - ours was just a flydrive with some Universal tickets.

Hope everyone gets their tickets in plenty of time given the upcoming postal strikes.

still waiting for ours, however dh spoke to them this morning regarding the postal strike and they said if ours hadnt arrived by the 12th they would send them special delivery .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter