POST YOUR DISNEY DREAM TIPS/MUST do'S!

Good to know. I read somewhere in cruise literature that they would package it and hold liquor for consumption once off the ship-- maybe that's for ship store liquor?

I know this is an older question, but for anyone (like me!) just reading this thread now, here is my experience with this: What you buy in the duty free shop on board the ship is held until late the last night. What I have purchased on the islands has been okay to bring back to our rooms. Know you are limited in the amount of alcohol you can bring back through customs upon disembarkation.

Anyone have anything to add for cruising on the DREAM with babies & toddlers? :confused:

DH & I have taken several Disney Cruises and we've been on the Dream once but never as parents. My children will be almost 3yrs old (2yrs and 10 months) and 15 months. I anticipate that my oldest son will be potty trained. The younger one will not, so I read that he will be limited to Mickey’s Splash Zone.

I have no clue about Flounder’s Reef Nursery or Oceaneer Club and how to utilize them. :worried:

FYI: I know about the Babies Travel Lite service, but I'm not interested. We purposly booked this cruise for when my youngest will be drinking whole milk so we don't have to worry about dealing with formula and we live pretty close to the port so we won't need to ship diapers or anything like that.

Thanks in advance for any tips!!

My daughter was just 2 when we cruised on the dream last and used flounders reef several times. She loved it! We pre booked our reservation early and I don't recall the cost but remember it was not that much considering how much we pay for sitting at home. When we went to pick her up once we found her sitting with princess aurora! She was not yet potty trained so we were in the nemo splash park as well as the splash park on CC which she was just happy about. The hard part is that there would be older unsupervised kids who would run around and make it less fun for the younger ones.

Regarding several tips I read earlier regarding over the door organizers. I didn't see this corrected but these are no longer allowed for fear of damaging the door and people can be charged a fine if damage is done. Also I have heard of power strips also being confiscated and these are on the "do not pack" list.

Not sure if this one is on here, but if you are going to ride the Aqua duck during the day, wear flip flops. That deck around the Aqua duck gets super hot. They'll make you take them off to ride, but you can stick them behind you on the raft.

My daughter was just 2 when we cruised on the dream last and used flounders reef several times. She loved it! We pre booked our reservation early and I don't recall the cost but remember it was not that much considering how much we pay for sitting at home. When we went to pick her up once we found her sitting with princess aurora! She was not yet potty trained so we were in the nemo splash park as well as the splash park on CC which she was just happy about. The hard part is that there would be older unsupervised kids who would run around and make it less fun for the younger ones.

Regarding several tips I read earlier regarding over the door organizers. I didn't see this corrected but these are no longer allowed for fear of damaging the door and people can be charged a fine if damage is done. Also I have heard of power strips also being confiscated and these are on the "do not pack" list.

Where is the splash area at CC?

We are going on our first cruise on the Dream in June!! I have loved reading all the awesome tips and plan to use several of them!! I really love the over the door shoe holder tip for organizing shoes/bathroom items, but I had read on the Disney site that those were not allowed. Does anyone have any recent experience with this? Are they pretty strict on this rule? Thanks!

Not sure if this one is on here, but if you are going to ride the Aqua duck during the day, wear flip flops. That deck around the Aqua duck gets super hot. They'll make you take them off to ride, but you can stick them behind you on the raft.

Are water shoes permitted on the aqua duck?

We are going on our first cruise on the Dream in June!! I have loved reading all the awesome tips and plan to use several of them!! I really love the over the door shoe holder tip for organizing shoes/bathroom items, but I had read on the Disney site that those were not allowed. Does anyone have any recent experience with this? Are they pretty strict on this rule? Thanks!

We cruised in Oct 2011 and used one, and had no problems. Enjoy your cruise, we can't wait to go again!:beach:

The rule about the over door organizers is fairly recent, and yes, they are strict because of the damage that they cause to the door and the door frame. It is very easy to tie the organizer to a hangar or a dowel and then hang it from the hook inside the room near the bathrooms or in the closet. That way you can still be organized but not do any damage.

Yes, they are very strict about it. We have two friends that went on recent cruises (Jan) and did not know about the policy. The first friend had her organizer confiscated (in was in her checked luggage) and she got it back at the end of the cruise. The second one got her's through, put it up on her door and was told by her room steward to take it down. She did not... and was awarded a bill for $250 at the end of her cruise for damages to the door!!

We are going on Disney dream may 1 for 3 night cruise. We have 3 girls 9,7,7. I was able to book palo for me and my husband at 7pm on 2nd night. Will the girls be able to still experience all of pirate night? Would another night have been better? I figured the first night we would want to stay with them.
We have 2nd dining seating. I also requested a dining rotation of animators fist night, enchanted second and royal third. We would miss enchanted. Thoughts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter