Post your fav disney pics!

MainStreet said:
partners5nw.jpg

Thats a sweet pic!! I'm more of a Goofy fan myself, but that's my new desktop!

Wow, great pics, MainStreet USA!! I especially like the one of the castle and the fireworks!!

goofytime2000 said:
Thats a sweet pic!! I'm more of a Goofy fan myself, but that's my new desktop!

Wow! Thanks, Goofytime2000!

I'm a big goof myself, a-Hyuck! But a trip to "the World" just wouldn't be complete without a pilgrimedge to see the man and his mouse, Mr. Walter Elias "the man with the dream" Disney, and his partner in crime, Mickey.

But thanks so much for the compliments. For someone like me, who is relatively new to the digital photography craze (but trying so hard to be good at it!), having someone else tell me they are using one of my pictures as their new desktop is like the ultimate compliment!

wdwgirl03 said:
Wow, great pics, MainStreet USA!! I especially like the one of the castle and the fireworks!!

Yeah, thanks! I was actually very pleasently suprised at my last few sets of evening and nighttime shots. Digital cameras in general tend to result in fuzzy, out of focus images in low-light and nighttime conditions, especially if what you are shooting is outside of the range of your flash. If you have a manual focus and variable shutter speeds (and maybe a tripod), you can compensate for the low light, autofocus, and handshake, but then you risk ending up with time-lapse photos of anything moving (like fireworks and parades, to name a few).

I unfortunately don't have the money for the high-end digital SLR camera types like I would love to have (a good high-end one like a Cannon or Nikon will run upwards of $1000 or more!!!), so I settled with a 5.0 megapixel high-resolution Sony Cybershot DSC-P92 for about $300 (when I bought it over a year ago). It's excellent in bright, natural lighting, and gives me back great color (almost as good as Kodak cams, which capture the brightest colors of any digital i've ever seen), as you can see in my picture of the Liberty Bell during the daytime. But seeing as my cam is a point-and-shoot type with no manual focus, only two AF modes and a couple fixed-focal lengths, low light typically results in very poor shots.

The last two times I shot the Wishes show, I did so from the exact same location, inside the plaza of roses, just of the bridge to Tomorrowland (great place to watch the show, i might add. for some reason, the crowds never find the place so it's never swamped.) The results of the first shooting were varied, with some really good ones, and some that were just awful. I didn't really do anything different this last time either. I braced the camera on my left arm, using it like a steady, level surface the best i could, turned the flash off, and fired. I really wasn't expecting much better results than the last time. But somehow, about 80% of my shots from this last time came out in focus! :cheer2: Go me! I'm not sure what I did to get those results, but I got the same thing when I shot EPCOT on Sunday evening and captures IllumiNations that night. You can see some of the evening shots here, like the ones in and around the back streets of the UK pavilion. Maybe I can dig up a couple of the IllumiNations ones to share with you all tonight.

But thanks so much for the compliments. I'm floating around on :cloud9: for now!

wdwgirl03: Aww...I had that same minnie mouse t-shirt in your "mini mouseketeers" picture (the girl in the very right with the minnie faces)!!! ::MinnieMo I totally forgot about that t-shirt until your picture. I loved it!

towerofterror2.jpg
My Favorite Ride!

giraffeButt.jpg
Giraffe Butt on Kilomanjaro Safari :rotfl:

dancingrobots.gif

elephant.jpg
I love elephants!

some of these aren't my favorite but the only ones I have uploaded on my computer

purplebelle said:
wdwgirl03: Aww...I had that same minnie mouse t-shirt in your "mini mouseketeers" picture (the girl in the very right with the minnie faces)!!! ::MinnieMo I totally forgot about that t-shirt until your picture. I loved it!

LOL, that's funny!! And that would be me in the picture wearing that shirt. :) :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter