Post your funniest story from a Disney Cruise!

kaykels

My happily ever after began on Castaway Cay
Man, I have so many of them I don't know where to start. I thought this could be a really funny thread. There are some great stories on the "best Disney memories" thread, but some of my funny stories are definitely NOT the best moments!
Here goes:

I decided to get a spray booth tan before my cruise. Well, the next day I looked like I had a disease because I was blotchy, and an odd shade of orange/dark brown. I was VERY dark, and I'm a fair skinned girl. So I got in the hot tub up to my knees on day two. When I stood up, below the knee I was milk white once again, and tanning residue was dripping down my legs. Eww, I know!
But it gets better.
I had the brillant foresight of packing airbrush tan in a can. This was a Saturday Night Live skit! I got in my bathtub in my cabin and sprayed my white legs so they matched the rest of me. Well, this orange thick goo went EVERYWHERE. I had to tip my steward $20 to help clean it up. I think I permanently stained the tub and ruined about 5 towels. But I was proud as a peacock with my newly tanned legs. They were awesome.

So I strut back to the pool area and showed my DB and DSIL my legs. My DB was jealous and wanted to use the stuff too. UNTIL..... and this is the good part..... I climbed in the Mickey pool. You could take your fingernail and write your name in my legs. The crap went everywhere. It was like thick facepaint.
I humbly returned to my cabin, resmembling an orange and white zebra and scraped the rest off.
NOT MY BEST LOOK ! :eek:
------------------------------------------------------------------

I also have to laugh when I think about the guy scraching his hind end as he was leaning against the Palo window while we were eating brunch. :rotfl2:

I have a funny story. While in Nassau, it was POURING!! My mother and I decided to brave the rain, and do as much as we could. We made it into the port building, and we were soaked through. We walked to the pirate museum, and along the way, I bought a small black umbrella. We looked for one for my mom, but couldn't find one. We made it to the pirate museum, and toured it. (it was fun, by the way) and when we left, it was still raining very hard. The lady that worked there said they sell umbrellas, so my mom picked up this long black umbrella. It looked great. We got out onto the street and she opened up her umbrella...:rotfl: picture this, my 5 foot tall Mom, wearing her kakhi capris, white keds, Polo shirt, perfect hair, and nails...think Martha Stewart...Well she opens up her umbrella, and it is covered with white pirate skulls, and the edges are all ragged like a pirate flag. I could have DIED!! I laughed so hard, I almost fell over. I was so embarrassed, that I threatened to make her walk on the other side of the street. Here we are trying to blend in with the locals...well she blew it. To make matters worse, we walked around the back side of the straw market to get back to the boat, and Nassau's drainage system stinks, so the water was up over our knees, all I'm thinking is we're going to get a nice case of cholera here...LOL, My mom managed to lose a shoe and walked, very dignified all the way back to the ship and onto the ship with one shoe on. The CM actually asked if we were okay...I guess we both looked like we had been assulted. Also when we got back to the room, her pink polo shirt bled all over her capris, so she had pink almost running down the hiney of her pants...Poor Mom...but it's totally :rotfl:

OMG, both of your stories are hilarious!!! (and now I'm rethinking spray-tanning my bod before my next cruise. :lmao: )

We were on the tender back to the ship from our day at Grand Cayman. My DNiece was hanging her feet over the sides. The next thing we know, she starts freaking out because one of her bright pink crocs fell in the water. My DSis was mortified, and I was laughing like a loon. (moreso because it wasn't one of my kids who did it. :laughing: ) DSis ran up to the crew on the tender, they radioed another tender that had recently left the ship with a full load of passengers, that tender turned around, went for the shoe (at this point we were already docking back at the ship but the shoe had drifted quite far away from us), fished it out and brought it back to us. All the while, this older couple behind my DH and me was griping about it and obviously ticked off by the whole scenario. I couldn't contain my laughter through any of this, DSis was getting mad at me, and I was taking play by play pictures of the whole thing. (I'm going to give these pictures their own scrapbook page) Thank goodness crocs float! :thumbsup2 And I told my kids if they ever did that they they'd be walking around with one shoe on. :rotfl2:

GREAT thread, Rachel!

O -
36_1_21.gif

M -
4_1_219.gif

G!!!
36_11_6.gif

I have been histerically laughing. By the time I got to "My (Martha) mom managed to lose a shoe and walked, very dignified all the way back to the ship and onto the ship with one shoe on (and her ragged pirate umbrella). The CM actually asked if we were okay...", tears were streaming down my face!

I think we should add that if anyone has pictures to go along with their story, they should post it!!

Our funniest stories all involve hubby, liquor, and 70s night. He is normally a very shy, retiring computer programmer type, but if you get enough Bahama Mamas into him, he will let loose. He's been a shirtless Village People band member onstage and also danced as John Travolta. I didn't have a video camera either time but did have the still camera so I managed to get a few incriminating shots that work well for blackmail.

While at St. Maartin, we did Maho/Sunset beaches to watch the 747's land and take-off. I videotaped my two BIL's and my father (on his 69th b-day) holding on to the fence right behind the KLM 747 at takeoff. I had the video camera focused on them (left to right in video: BIL, Dad, BIL and then some other touists):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d21sIjCg-M

Unfortunately, I missed video taping the funny part. My brother was too chicken to stand up by the fence (Of course, I guess I was too, but someone had to videotape). Anyway, he felt safer standing on the beach just about 10-15 yards behind where my BIL's and dad were....since he didn't have a fence to hold on to and he was directly behind the 747, the jet blast had him rolling down the beach into the ocean....although this isn't video of him...he did look something like these fine people:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTLGsEErWJY

I recall after the 747 had gone my mother commenting that "She heard people laughing at some guy down the beach who was blown over by the jet blast into the ocean and she looked over to see the embarrassment of it being one of her son's." :lmao:

After that takeoff, we had to go through St. Maartin traffic to get back to the Magic. It can take a couple of hours due to a drawbridge at 5pm that's on the route and extremely horrible rush hour traffic...we had 4 cars rented...I was driving behind my dad and we all got stuck at the drawbridge. Dad is one of those, if you're on time, you're late guys anyway, but we're all a little anxious about possibly missing the ship departure at 7pm. It was going on 5:30 with the bridge still up, we had to go entirely through town, gas and return the cars yet. I just remember from our viewpoint in the car behind dad the abuse that the steering wheel was taking and that our DD, who was 6 at the time and in the car with him, learned a few new words. It was 6:50pm when we scanned our KTW cards to reboard the Magic and the only words anyone managed to mutter were..."well.....see you at dinner".

Oh..there was one other funny story...kind of a had to be there one....but us "adults" were at Palo to recognize my mom and dad's 40th anniversary...trying to do the polite conversation about what a wonderful cruise and all...then somehow the discussion turned to "special cruises", such as our local university was sponsoring a Breast cancer awareness cruise, a local Major League Baseball sports team sponsors a cruise with former players, etc. Well, we commented that there was a NASCAR cruise, and then the jokes began to fly...like "The ship only turns to the Port"...well...the last comment I made was "instead of Pirate night, they have 'dress like Richard Petty night'" and my BIL who's a NASCAR fan blew a load of diet Coke out his nose right there in Palo's. :lmao:

I have a funny story. While in Nassau, it was POURING!! My mother and I decided to brave the rain, and do as much as we could. We made it into the port building, and we were soaked through. We walked to the pirate museum, and along the way, I bought a small black umbrella. We looked for one for my mom, but couldn't find one. We made it to the pirate museum, and toured it. (it was fun, by the way) and when we left, it was still raining very hard. The lady that worked there said they sell umbrellas, so my mom picked up this long black umbrella. It looked great. We got out onto the street and she opened up her umbrella...:rotfl: picture this, my 5 foot tall Mom, wearing her kakhi capris, white keds, Polo shirt, perfect hair, and nails...think Martha Stewart...Well she opens up her umbrella, and it is covered with white pirate skulls, and the edges are all ragged like a pirate flag. I could have DIED!! I laughed so hard, I almost fell over. I was so embarrassed, that I threatened to make her walk on the other side of the street. Here we are trying to blend in with the locals...well she blew it. To make matters worse, we walked around the back side of the straw market to get back to the boat, and Nassau's drainage system stinks, so the water was up over our knees, all I'm thinking is we're going to get a nice case of cholera here...LOL, My mom managed to lose a shoe and walked, very dignified all the way back to the ship and onto the ship with one shoe on. The CM actually asked if we were okay...I guess we both looked like we had been assulted. Also when we got back to the room, her pink polo shirt bled all over her capris, so she had pink almost running down the hiney of her pants...Poor Mom...but it's totally :rotfl:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: That is hilarious!!! I can see me in either role...and laughing like a fool until I peed my pants...even if I was the one buying the umbrella!

While at St. Maartin, we did Maho/Sunset beaches to watch the 747's land and take-off. I videotaped my two BIL's and my father (on his 69th b-day) holding on to the fence right behind the KLM 747 at takeoff. I had the video camera focused on them (left to right in video: BIL, Dad, BIL and then some other touists):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d21sIjCg-M

Unfortunately, I missed video taping the funny part. My brother was too chicken to stand up by the fence (Of course, I guess I was too, but someone had to videotape). Anyway, he felt safer standing on the beach just about 10-15 yards behind where my BIL's and dad were....since he didn't have a fence to hold on to and he was directly behind the 747, the jet blast had him rolling down the beach into the ocean....although this isn't video of him...he did look something like these fine people:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTLGsEErWJY

I recall after the 747 had gone my mother commenting that "She heard people laughing at some guy down the beach who was blown over by the jet blast into the ocean and she looked over to see the embarrassment of it being one of her son's." :lmao:

After that takeoff, we had to go through St. Maartin traffic to get back to the Magic. It can take a couple of hours due to a drawbridge at 5pm that's on the route and extremely horrible rush hour traffic...we had 4 cars rented...I was driving behind my dad and we all got stuck at the drawbridge. Dad is one of those, if you're on time, you're late guys anyway, but we're all a little anxious about possibly missing the ship departure at 7pm. It was going on 5:30 with the bridge still up, we had to go entirely through town, gas and return the cars yet. I just remember from our viewpoint in the car behind dad the abuse that the steering wheel was taking and that our DD, who was 6 at the time and in the car with him, learned a few new words. It was 6:50pm when we scanned our KTW cards to reboard the Magic and the only words anyone managed to mutter were..."well.....see you at dinner".

That was great...you should send that to America's funniest videos!

Joel, YOU WIN! My daughter and I read your post and we had to watch the 2nd You Tube 3 times. We were laughing so hard we were tearing up just thinking about your brother looking like those fools that were blowing down the beach. That's a RIOT !!!
Love this thread.

Too funny.....:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

My story is actually pre-cruise for the West Coast Cruises in 2005 and is at DS's expense. We were spending 3 n at DL first and when we got to Paradise Pier our room wasn't ready but we had stuff we needed to get into in our luggage before heading to the parks. So we grabbed some lunch & then walked around the property for awhile killing time. We went out to look at the rooftop pool and came in & I called the front desk from the house phones by the elevators. In the meantime, while I was on the phone, DS (8 at the time) went ahead & got into the glass front elevator that faced the lobby and proceeded to get stuck! Alone! :scared1: We'd been in CA like all of 2 hours and here he was in this elevator for the whole world below to watch. Alone...you could see the crowd gathering & other Mom's asking "where are his parents"?!:scared: :rotfl2: Duh. Watching. OMG. I called the front desk again...security came...engineering came...the manager came...the fire dept. - nobody could get the doors to open and it would'nt move! He's in a total panic - jumping up & down...crying....screaming! And everybody watching. It was a real show! They finally had to call the Otis elevator people to come out & they went onto the roof of it & got it to go up a floor & then got the doors open.:sad2: It's funny NOW...but boy did we think what an omen we were going to have for the whole trip! The whole week on the ship he just wanted to take the stairs everywhere!:rotfl2:

Oh these are all hysterical!! Our cruise isn't for another 3 weeks but you can bet if anything remotely funny happens it will be posted here!!

I've posted this before but since this is a new thread on the subject I will post it again..

Our DS who was 17 or 18 at the time had met some nice girls his same age during our 7 day cruise they hung out all week together. These girls happened to be on the same dining rotation as us so on the last night, at dinner, my son (always the charmer) decided to send a tray of drinks over to the girls as a last hurrah.....well since none of them were of age he was actually sending shirley temples over. He pointed out the table they were seated at and instructed our assistant server to please bring the tray of shirley temples over to the girls and to pass on that he really enjoyed spending time with them that week was glad he got to know them better, etc. to and to please keep in touch. Our server was so excited to be on this mission for our son. We see our server with the tray of drinks heading over to the table when all of a sudden he veers off in the wrong direction and winds up at the wrong table. Seated at this table was a father with three very young girls (about 9 or 10)....when our server passes on the note from our son along with the drinks we see the father stand up and demand to know to sent his girls these drinks.....mind you our son always looked much older than he was.

By this time we are dying laughing as we realize the father must have thought our son was some kind of deviant.....our server points out our son to the dad and if looks could kill......

Our son immediately went over to the dad and explained that the server took the tray to the wrong table and pointed at where they should have gone and they all had a good belly laugh....including the intended girls....

We were all laughing so hard, especially because our server thought he was going to the right table all along.....

That was great...you should send that to America's funniest videos!

Thanks. I did have an obscure reality show on the CW, I think it was called something like "Live Nation", contact me last fall about paying me $400 to broadcast it on their show. I guess the show was geared towards showing some of the internet's most entertaining videos. The day after they e-mailed me the legal forms to sign, the show was cancelled. :rolleyes:

Joel, YOU WIN! My daughter and I read your post and we had to watch the 2nd You Tube 3 times. We were laughing so hard we were tearing up just thinking about your brother looking like those fools that were blowing down the beach. That's a RIOT !!!
Love this thread.

It was our favorite day. It's just too funny that he thought he was safer just standing back on the beach when he didn't have anything to brace himself with.

Our son immediately went over to the dad and explained that the server took the tray to the wrong table and pointed at where they should have gone and they all had a good belly laugh....including the intended girls....

We were all laughing so hard, especially because our server thought he was going to the right table all along.....

:rotfl: Quite the impression on the young ladies.

My daughter saw me sitting on the edge of the pool and came up from behind me and pushed push dear ol' dad in the water. Then a few seconds later when dad came up spitting water all over, she realized IT WASN'T ME ! It was another guy that looked like me from behind.
I saw the whole thing from my chair. At first I couldn't imagine why she would push some strange guy in the water because she's a nice kid. After the guy looked at her and my daughter turned 3 shades of purple (way past red) I realized what had happened.
Good thing the guy had a sense of humor too.

My daughter saw me sitting on the edge of the pool and came up from behind me and pushed push dear ol' dad in the water. Then a few seconds later when dad came up spitting water all over, she realized IT WASN'T ME ! It was another guy that looked like me from behind.
I saw the whole thing from my chair. At first I couldn't imagine why she would push some strange guy in the water because she's a nice kid. After the guy looked at her and my daughter turned 3 shades of purple (way past red) I realized what had happened.
Good thing the guy had a sense of humor too.

:rotfl2: :lmao: :eek: :rotfl: :laughing:

THAT is funny. Glad that the "other" dad had a sense of humor! How embarrassing for your DD! :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter