I am keeping my dates
My original resort was: Animal Kingdom Lodge Standard View Room
I originally booked using a Bounceback Offer
I am being moved to: Boardwalk Inn Standard View Room
My cost increase/decrease is: 0
I made my original reservation myself
I wasn’t contacted
There are 2 adults and 2 children in my party

My dates were: July 19th- 26th (8 day park hopper)
I am keeping my dates
My original resort was: POLY Club
I am being moved to: Riviera 2 Bedroom Villa
My cost increase: $50
I made my original reservation my self
I wasn't contacted
There are five adults in my party--me, my husband, and three kids ---Our three kids are over 18

My dates were: July 12-16, 2020 (after four moves from April, 2020)
I am keeping my dates
My original resort was: Port Orleans
I originally booked using a Sun & Fun Offer
I am being moved to: Riviera - Deluxe Studio
My cost increase/decrease is: 0
I wasn’t contacted
There are 2 adults and 3 children in my party (x2)

My dates were: August 12-August 16
I am rescheduling to August 3-August 7 (needed to move dates due to scheduling issue with one of our group)
My original resort was: All Star Movies Family Suite
I originally booked using Sun and Fun Discount
I am being moved to: Fort Wilderness Cabins (offered to move to Caribbean Beach but needed more than child size 5th sleeper). I requested two rooms at Pop but couldn't add a room as that would create a new reservation and you can only modify an existing reservation at this time.
My costs decreased by $500 I believe due to removal of park hoppers. I was able to keep my Sun and Fun discount. I do not believe this was a price protection move since I modified the dates.
I made my original reservation myself direct through Disney.
I received an email yesterday.
There are four adults and one teenager in my party.
Don't the cabins have only one bathroom? I think some people pushed on this and got something with two bathrooms.

My dates were: Aug. 22-29, 2020
I am keeping my dates 🤞
My original resort: Beach Club
I originally booked using Free Dining Bounceback
I am being moved to Polynesian Village Resort Standard View
My cost increase/decrease is $0
I wasn't contacted
There are 2 adults and 2 children

My dates are July 23-26 2020
i am keeping my dates
My original resort: all star music
originally booked with Disney
being moved to Contemporary resort
cost increase of $500
i received the Email yesterday if I wanted to modify, still coming, etc. I replied we we’re still coming. I called today and was given the Pop Century at no charge... but that resort is soooo far away fro MK and Epcot (the only parks we are visiting) and my son has some health problems. The GS offered the Contemporary, and I decided to go ahead and pay the difference to have the proximity and the monorail.

My dates were: 8/15/20- 8/22/20
I am keeping rescheduling to 12/8/20- 12/13/20
My original resort was: Gran Destino deluxe suite Club level.
I originally booked using Original free dining booked in August 2019
I am being moved to: Polynesian
My cost decrease is: $3304.19
I was contacted about my resort’s closure by email
There are 3 adults and 1 child in my party

And....

My dates were: 8/22/20- 8/29/20
I am keeping rescheduling to 8/21/21- 8/28/28
My original resort was: Contemporary Hospitality Suite
I originally booked using Original free dining booked in August 2019
I am being moved to: Art of Animation
My cost decrease is: $6641.61
I was contacted about my resort’s closure by email
There are 3 adults and 1 child in my party

My dates were: 9/7 - 9/14
I am rescheduling to early December
My original resort was: CSR
I originally booked using Free Dining discount
I am being moved to: CSR
My cost increase is $100.00 due to December being more expensive, but I was able to transfer the 35% Recovery20.
I made my original reservation myself direct through Disney.
II wasn’t contacted.
There are two adults and two children in my party.
Gahh we we’ve been told over and over the discount cannot be applied to modifications. We were also trying to move to December. So frustrating but glad it worked for you. At least some people are getting good customer service!

Gahh we we’ve been told over and over the discount cannot be applied to modifications. We were also trying to move to December. So frustrating but glad it worked for you. At least some people are getting good customer service!

That is unfortunate. Did you speak to a regular CM or someone in Guest Services? I was modified by Guest Services.

Call back and press it (nicely, of course). I was clearly told that as long as I kept my modification within 2020 my discount (I had recovery 35% off) would follow. Of course, room prices might go up at later times in the year, but you should still be able to apply your discount. I moved from August to December. Try a different CM, if he/she can’t do it, try GS. Good luck 👍

That is unfortunate. Did you speak to a regular CM or someone in Guest Services? I was modified by Guest Services.
Both! CM then transferred to GS.
Call back and press it (nicely, of course). I was clearly told that as long as I kept my modification within 2020 my discount (I had recovery 35% off) would follow. Of course, room prices might go up at later times in the year, but you should still be able to apply your discount. I moved from August to December. Try a different CM, if he/she can’t do it, try GS. Good luck 👍
We are totally willing to pay the difference we just wanted to wait and go later. We’ll try again. Thanks.

Call back and press it (nicely, of course). I was clearly told that as long as I kept my modification within 2020 my discount (I had recovery 35% off) would follow. Of course, room prices might go up at later times in the year, but you should still be able to apply your discount. I moved from August to December. Try a different CM, if he/she can’t do it, try GS. Good luck

Yes. This is what I was told by a CM and Guest Services. The only thing I could think might interfere is if you didn't book direct? I've seen other people post that they've had problems because they didn't book direct. I've also seen people who didn't get the transfer when they called and modified prior to the recent announcement of the new list of hotel opening dates and dates when we could call to make reservations. So, if you tried prior to the past few days when those dates opened up for calling, I would try again.

10/30
We have standard all star music accessible room booked (5 nights)
Standard all star sports booked (9 nights)

I really don’t know if I could stand being on hold again for hours to see what Disney offers or wait and see 🙃
I had to switch resorts from ASMusic for Nov trip; called tonight at 1030 pm and was only on hold for 5 mins. I tried this based on other posts the past few nights. You might want to try that tomorrow.

I had to switch resorts from ASMusic for Nov trip; called tonight at 1030 pm and was only on hold for 5 mins. I tried this based on other posts the past few nights. You might want to try that tomorrow.
I called before 10 tonight and I'm still on hold!

My dates are: 8/22/2020 - 8/30/2020
My original resort was: Coronado Springs - Club Level Destino
I am being moved to: Copper Creek Studio
My cost increase/decrease is: $0
Knew it was coming from being on these boards but got an email from Disney about the change as well
There are 4 Disney adults in my party (Kids are 15 and 13)

While I like Wilderness, I would still have preferred my original room. Going to be interesting trying to get my daughters to sleep on a pullout bed. Will try and get a room at Wilderness with 2 REAL beds or, more likely, cancel and try to get as much money back as I can on my 4 APs and probably go to Universal.

Disappointing

My dates are: 8/22/2020 - 8/30/2020
My original resort was: Coronado Springs - Club Level Destino
I am being moved to: Copper Creek Studio
My cost increase/decrease is: $0
Knew it was coming from being on these boards but got an email from Disney about the change as well
There are 4 Disney adults in my party (Kids are 15 and 13)

While I like Wilderness, I would still have preferred my original room. Going to be interesting trying to get my daughters to sleep on a pullout bed. Will try and get a room at Wilderness with 2 REAL beds or, more likely, cancel and try to get as much money back as I can on my 4 APs and probably go to Universal.

Disappointing
WL is not opening this year.

Maybe try calling back and ask for a room with 2 beds? OKW studio and CR garden wing may work.

My dates were: 9/7/2020 - 9/13/2020
I am keeping my original dates
My original resort was: POFQ
I originally booked using: Rack Rate
I am being moved to: The Polynesian! (was originally moved to CBR on Monday and was charged more for it, called two days later to get the price protection I heard about and was offered Poly for being charged when I shouldn't have been)
My cost decrease is: somehow $200 off my original POFQ rate!
I made my original reservation myself direct through Disney
I was NOT contacted about my resort’s closure by email, just stalked the boards here
There are 2 adults in my party

My dates were: Oct 10th-17th
I am keeping my dates
My original resort was: POFQ (River View)
I am being moved to: CBR (Preferred)
My cost increase/decrease is: Same price due to price protection
I made my original reservation myself through Disney
I was not contacted about my resort's closure by email. Saw Disney announcements online
There are 2 adults in my party

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter