kept same dates
POP standard room
AP Sun and Fun rate
Moved to SSR 1 bedroom villa preferred
price protected
I made my original reservation via web
I was contacted by email and phone last week. I called back today
2 adults who just need a quick relaxing getaway. Semi local

Don't the cabins have only one bathroom? I think some people pushed on this and got something with two bathrooms.
Yes only one small bathroom in the Ft Wilderness Cabin. So if your original reservation had two bathrooms you should be offered a room with 2 bathrooms & enough or more bedding options available in your original booking.

However every guest needs to decide on location vs bedding options vs dining options based on their group's specific needs.

Dave

My dates were: Aug 11th - 15th
I am keeping my dates or rescheduling keeping dates
My original resort was: POR - 5th sleeper, standard view
I originally booked using Sun &Fun discount
I am being moved to: CBR -5th sleeper, standard view
My cost increase/decrease is: price protected
I made my original reservation myself
I was contacted about my resort’s closure by I wasn’t contacted
There are 1 adults, 4 children, 0 under age 3 in my party

My dates were: 8/8-8/11/2020
New dates: 12/24-12/27/2020
My original resort was: POR
I originally booked using: 35% free dining recovery
I chose to move to: CCV with discount in tact
My cost increase is +987.00
I made my original reservation: directly through Disney
I was not contacted about my resort’s closure by email
There are 2 adults & one child in my party

We were at FQ, July 19-24. 2 adults, 2 children, and 1 toddler. We were moved to the cabins and the only other choice given to me was Pop. I expressed my unhappiness with the cabins and was told they just didnt have the availability to move me anywhere else, but then in the next breath she told me I could pay to move to the Contemporary. This happened a few nights ago and the more we have mulled on it, the unhappier we have become. I sent a long, nice email to guest relations today and am hoping for a response and a better upgrade. If not, we will just cancel, which will be fine too.

We were at FQ, July 19-24. 2 adults, 2 children, and 1 toddler. We were moved to the cabins and the only other choice given to me was Pop. I expressed my unhappiness with the cabins and was told they just didnt have the availability to move me anywhere else, but then in the next breath she told me I could pay to move to the Contemporary. This happened a few nights ago and the more we have mulled on it, the unhappier we have become. I sent a long, nice email to guest relations today and am hoping for a response and a better upgrade. If not, we will just cancel, which will be fine too.
Yeah unfortunately now, they're only allowing lateral moves and the guest has to pay for any upgrades. However, they shouldn't have move you to a value resort. I would call back and explain that you didn't want a downgrade and that the cabin wouldn't work for your family and see what the CM can do, or request to be transferred to GS. I've seen people with POFQ reservations be moved mainly to the CR garden wing and there's a chance there's a block there dedicated to resort moves with price protection as long as you don't change your dates.

Definitely try again. I had a POR reservation and the first two CMs either said cabin only or pay to upgrade. The 3rd one finally moved me to the Contemporary, Theme Park View. She told me there was a call campaign going on for those guests at POR, so I assume there must have been one for FQ too. She said they were all being moved to the Contemporary, according to her template. We needed a 5th sleeper room too.

My dates were: July 26-Aug 1
I am keeping my dates or rescheduling keeping dates
My original resort was: POR
I originally booked using Sun &Fun discount
I am being moved to: Contemporary Resort
My cost increase/decrease is: price protected
I was contacted about my resort’s closure by I wasn’t contacted
There are 2 adults, 2 children, 0 under age 3 in my party

Last edited:
I originally was booked at Grand Floridian Club Level for August 4. Due to the resort being closed, I was moved to the Riveria. I was wondering if anyone had experience changing your dates to a more expensive time of the year. We'd like to keep the new dates at the same hotel.

We need to change the dates now to November around Thanksgiving time, will Disney honor the date change or charge me more because we are going from summer to Thanksgiving time. I will be staying two days less with the new reservation.

Just curious, if anyone had experienced a similiar change and how Disney handled it

Thank you in advance.

Jill

We moved our August YC to December. We kept the 35%, but the prices at Christmas were way higher. It sort of ate up our discount.

I originally was booked at Grand Floridian Club Level for August 4. Due to the resort being closed, I was moved to the Riveria. I was wondering if anyone had experience changing your dates to a more expensive time of the year. We'd like to keep the new dates at the same hotel.

We need to change the dates now to November around Thanksgiving time, will Disney honor the date change or charge me more because we are going from summer to Thanksgiving time. I will be staying two days less with the new reservation.

Just curious, if anyone had experienced a similiar change and how Disney handled it

Thank you in advance.

Jill
If you modify dates, you're responsible for the price difference. However, if you had an offer you're able to apply it to the new dates.

I had an offer that was called 'Sun and ? maybe Fun .... IDK ... it was just a percentage off the room.
Yes! That's an offer they should be able to apply to the new room. However, it might not be possible since it technically only applies to stays through August 31, just keep that in mind. I know the Recovery20 offer (from free dining) is able to be applied through 2020, but maybe they can work with you.

My dates were: 8/8-8/12
I am keeping my dates
My original resort was: BWI GV
I originally booked at the fun and sun rate or is it sun and fun haha can’t remember (originally booked at CBR, but was moved to the BWI bc they no longer allow 5 adults in the CBR rooms)
I am being moved to: AK Kidani Village 1 BR Savanna view
My cost increase/decrease is: -0- Price protected
I wasn’t contacted by Disney
There are 5 adults In my party

(Adult) kids are pretty psyched about the Savanna view! I would‘ve preferred to stay in the Epcot area, but overall I’m pretty happy with the move

We won’t be traveling if the numbers continue to rise. I’m praying our country can get it together. Very scary and sad all the suffering and lives lost. Hopefully the numbers start going back down 🙏

Definitely try again. I had a POR reservation and the first two CMs either said cabin only or pay to upgrade. The 3rd one finally moved me to the Contemporary, Theme Park View. She told me there was a call campaign going on for those guests at POR, so I assume there must have been one for FQ too. She said they were all being moved to the Contemporary, according to her template. We needed a 5th sleeper room too.

What number did you have luck with? I've called and spoken with 7866 number twice and both ladies were not budging. I will try again tomorrow!

My dates are: 7/19 - 7/24
My original resort was: POFQ
I originally booked using: Fun in Sun for week after Easter; moved to June, then July with the 35% free dining recovery
I chose to move to: Contemporary Tower Lake View (Was offered FW Cabins for two days, but refused to move, had success on day 3.)
My cost increase is 0.00
I made my original reservation: directly through Disney
I was not contacted about my resort’s closure by email
There are 2 adults in my party.

Original dates August 14-21
Original resort POFQ
Booked direct with AP rate (4th rebooking March, April, July were previous!)
We chose to move to the Cabins at Fort Wilderness
Price decreased by $237.00
Was contacted by email
3 adults in our party. We are actually happy to have more room. Also feel a little bit safer having a stand alone cabin and cooking facilities during the coronavirus stuff.

Yes! That's an offer they should be able to apply to the new room. However, it might not be possible since it technically only applies to stays through August 31, just keep that in mind. I know the Recovery20 offer (from free dining) is able to be applied through 2020, but maybe they can work with you.
Thanks so much!!!

My dates were: 10/20-10/28 2020
I am keeping my dates
My original resort was: All Star Music
I originally booked in March when airline prices dropped
I am being moved to: Pop Century
My cost increase/decrease is: $0, Asked after AOA but it was +$600
I wasn’t contacted, called at 7:02am and was on hold for an hour and 20 min.
There are 2 adults in my party

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter