Posting here so I don't get flamed on the CB

I've had far more unpleasant in flight experiences with adults than with kids. There was the guy in the middle seat who fell asleep and snored to wake the dead (OK, he can't help that, I get it) but when his head fell over onto my shoulder, it was time for him to wake up. Then there was the guy who got bumped from coach to first class because he had a broken leg and the only seat in first class was next to me. He was on some kind of pain meds and chose to drink alcohol with it.....when he passed out he drooled for the whole flight....I could vomit right now just thinking about it!

When DD#1 was 1, we flew from CT to Utah. I remember the nasty looks from people when we boarded the plane....and the same people complimenting us on our DD's behavior when the flight was over and she hadn't done a darned thing to disrupt anyone's experience.

The only kid behavior on a plane that jumps up and down on my last nerve is kicking my seat. My kids never did it to others (they tried but I didn't let them do it), so I do have a hard time with parents who just let the kids do it. I will turn around and politely ask the child to stop kicking my seat, and if they don't stop, I will address it with the parents. Of course, I've never been on a flight with truly unruly kids, either....and the vast majority of my flying experience is trips to Disney World:).

You gotta be flippin kidding me that they wanted to split up a child from the parents? I would have made a huge scene too! I just can't believe how crazy selfish people are sometimes.

I always use those opportunities for life lessons too...

"Thank you Honey so much for holding open that door for those RUDE PEOPLE"
(said loudly enough for said rude people to trip over their feet as they turned around to see who was saying it :confused3) Now my kids say "You're Welcome" to the rude people...and they all still trip over their feet...so funny :lmao:

You gotta be flippin kidding me that they wanted to split up a child from the parents? I would have made a huge scene too! I just can't believe how crazy selfish people are sometimes.

(said loudly enough for said rude people to trip over their feet as they turned around to see who was saying it :confused3) Now my kids say "You're Welcome" to the rude people...and they all still trip over their feet...so funny :lmao:

are you my twin???? I do the same thing!!! At WDW I'll see kids misbehave and I will say very loudly, "Now just because other kids misbehave, doesn't give you permission to do the same!"

Hey all! On our last flight from Orlando in May. DD was by the window I was in the middle. I'm no small person, but I can fit comfortably in the seat with the arm rest down. It was a full flight and this huge man sits in the isle seat. I thought OK until he lifted up the arm rest and oozed onto me! I mumbled something about I can't do this for 2 hours and made dd change seats with me! She was not happy as he was taking up 1/2 of the seat. He never put on the seatbelt and none of the flight attendants said a word to this man. To top it of he was drenched in cologne! Yuck!

All the flights we have taken going or coming from Orlando have had kids on them! Some adults are way worse than kids!

I do that too.. and make a point to have eye contact.. than I usually follow it up with.. "Now kids, this is why in today's society the "older generation" is treated the way they are.. they don't treat the younger generation with respect.."
or my favorite one..
I had my 5 kids and my 2 little ones I watch for.. little old lady say mid 60's says to her hubby.. "I suppose our tax dollars are paying for her and those brats to eat".. to which I responded loud enough that the back of the store could hear... No ma'am you are NOT paying for my kids to eat.. My DH and I provide all our own food, hold jobs, pay taxes, and hold our own insurance.. and why do we do this... so you can have your Social Security! So, I would suggest you think twice before talking about me and mine again!"... Now, when I go in the store she runs for the hills!

If you ooze into the seat next to you, you need to buy another seat. I'm not small by any means either but at least I fit in between the arm rests.

Oh, that seat ooze thing is just too GROSS!!! :crazy2:

I tell my DH almost every day how inconsiderate this person was...or that person...

Disclaimer: Brief vent to follow-:offtopic:
Oh, and driving has become so bad...the traffic lights in my area have just become a suggestion to stop...only if you want to...but not if YOU are in a hurry...because you obviously need to be where you are going before I need to be where I am going...yes and PLEASE try to have an accident with me because YOU didn't stop at that light which changed to green on MY SIDE 5 seconds ago...great, now my kids are scared, and YOU have the nerve to be giving ME the dirty looks...oh AND the finger...NICE...YOUR MOTHER must be so PROUD!!! :mad:

Oh, that seat ooze thing is just too GROSS!!! :crazy2:

I tell my DH almost every day how inconsiderate this person was...or that person...

Disclaimer: Brief vent to follow-:offtopic:
Oh, and driving has become so bad...the traffic lights in my area have just become a suggestion to stop...only if you want to...but not if YOU are in a hurry...because you obviously need to be where you are going before I need to be where I am going...yes and PLEASE try to have an accident with me because YOU didn't stop at that light which changed to green on MY SIDE 5 seconds ago...great, now my kids are scared, and YOU have the nerve to be giving ME the dirty looks...oh AND the finger...NICE...YOUR MOTHER must be so PROUD!!! :mad:

:sad2:

I love it when someone has to cut me off, but I end up right behind them at the stop light! That extra 10 seconds to get to the red light was worth it?

Yep, gotta love that.. or you are in the passing lane.. only to have to slow down.. now, I thought the passing lane was for passing the slower traffic that is on your RIGHT!!! Meaning the left is for those of us who want to go FASTER!!!

Oh, and better yet.. what about the idiots who refuse to pull off to the right(or safest area when at a stop light) for an ambulance!! My gosh, hello, what IF that was one of your family members in there...

I do that too.. and make a point to have eye contact.. than I usually follow it up with.. "Now kids, this is why in today's society the "older generation" is treated the way they are.. they don't treat the younger generation with respect.."
or my favorite one..
I had my 5 kids and my 2 little ones I watch for.. little old lady say mid 60's says to her hubby.. "I suppose our tax dollars are paying for her and those brats to eat".. to which I responded loud enough that the back of the store could hear... No ma'am you are NOT paying for my kids to eat.. My DH and I provide all our own food, hold jobs, pay taxes, and hold our own insurance.. and why do we do this... so you can have your Social Security! So, I would suggest you think twice before talking about me and mine again!"... Now, when I go in the store she runs for the hills!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: I just saw this. OMG that's funny. I said the same thing in my head as I read the "feed her brats" comment. Great minds and all!

DH, DD, DS12, and DS6 were almost killed on the drive to Maine. This idiot decided he didn't have to wait for traffic, which was at a complete stand still getting on 495. I was braking concerned people wouldn't be paying attention so he whipped to the left about 5 cars back only to find out the left lane was at a complete stop so he whipped back in front of DH who was in front of me. Almost taking out DH and the Truck to our left. If he had hit either one we'd have all been dead. So we got up further trying to get on 495 and there he is again all jack out in 2 lanes trying to cut off an 18 wheeler. I hope they didn't let him in.

I also hate those that decide the breakdown lane is another lane so they can cut into traffic if we are stopped. I pull my big honkin' SUV wayyyyyy over into the shoulder so they can't get by. Wait your turn buddy!!!!

DH, DD, DS12, and DS6 were almost killed on the drive to Maine. This idiot decided he didn't have to wait for traffic, which was at a complete stand still getting on 495. I was braking concerned people wouldn't be paying attention so he whipped to the left about 5 cars back only to find out the left lane was at a complete stop so he whipped back in front of DH who was in front of me. Almost taking out DH and the Truck to our left. If he had hit either one we'd have all been dead. So we got up further trying to get on 495 and there he is again all jack out in 2 lanes trying to cut off an 18 wheeler. I hope they didn't let him in.

I also hate those that decide the breakdown lane is another lane so they can cut into traffic if we are stopped. I pull my big honkin' SUV wayyyyyy over into the shoulder so they can't get by. Wait your turn buddy!!!!

I've done that too.. my little ol' mini-van and I block that shoulder.. usually it I'll notice the idiot start blowing his horn and I very nicely wave and than tell DH if that ........ thinks I'm moving he has another ...... thing a comin'.. DH laughs and says.. now honey don't get out and tell him how stupid he is.. everyone already knows because he's blowing the horn at a "mommy mobile"..:woohoo: :yay: :headache:

One time in Scottsdale, the freeway was backed up for an accident. So drivers decided that meant they could BACK UP the on ramp, or turn around and drive up the on ramp!

One of many reasons why driving down there made me :scared1:

OH no! I would have flipped.. nothing you could do but vent in the car..but talk about dangerous!!!!

Sorry to hear about the kids and DH, BAMB...

Wow Buffy, that's really frightening! Glad that jerk didn't connect with any of you!

I agree with the "have to get past me to get to the red light before me" thing too...the kids and I usually point and laugh exageratedly...and I so hope that I get to catch their eye in the rear view so I can wave and laugh...

We are planning on flying in December for the first time to Disney. We have driven 5 times and I can't do it again. I am nervous about flying with the kids. I'm trying to get a flight with friends that will be bringing their two youngest and I can only imagine the looks that we will get.
As for the driving around with idiots, we have many of them here. I just have to shake my head, not sure who is driving with a gun. I work in Camden NJ which is a scary place so you just have to be real careful driving. Don't want to get my head blown off.:eek:

We are planning on flying in December for the first time to Disney. We have driven 5 times and I can't do it again. I am nervous about flying with the kids. I'm trying to get a flight with friends that will be bringing their two youngest and I can only imagine the looks that we will get.
As for the driving around with idiots, we have many of them here. I just have to shake my head, not sure who is driving with a gun. I work in Camden NJ which is a scary place so you just have to be real careful driving. Don't want to get my head blown off.:eek:

My uncle lives in Camden. I don't know why he stays there. He used to teach at the High School but had to leave after a parent attacked him because he failed her kid. She never showed up to class!!

My uncle lives in Camden. I don't know why he stays there. He used to teach at the High School but had to leave after a parent attacked him because he failed her kid. She never showed up to class!!

Great town. I work at one of the hospitals. not the one that Kelly Ripa endorses. the other one. Of course not the one that has a trauma center and took care of our great govenor. Oops I'm a little bitter of all the publicity the other one gets. We give great care also.

Great town. I work at one of the hospitals. not the one that Kelly Ripa endorses. the other one. Of course not the one that has a trauma center and took care of our great govenor. Oops I'm a little bitter of all the publicity the other one gets. We give great care also.

Oh you mean the Governor that drove down the GSP at 100 mph and nearly killed himself. He's a winner of the Darwin Awards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter