• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Posting Pictures Just Got Easier

AZ JazzyJ

<font color=teal>The Talented One<br><font color=p
One of the things about photography is the visual nature of the medium. When I spoke to Webmaster Alex about a photography board I mentioned how important it would be to be able to share pictures among the users. Alex gave me a glimpse into Photopost which has been a part of the DIS boards for some time and allows users to post their pictures. I thought it was great but I was curious whether there was any way for it to be integrated more closely with the boards. Alex completely out did himself here.

WebmasterAlex said:
In honor of our new Photo board I have made a change in the board software. When you start a new thread, post to a thread or send a private message you will see a link to the right that says "my pictures" click on open and if you are a user of our free DIS photopost system, located at www.wdwinfo.com/photopost you will be taken directly to your gallery where you can click on the picture and add it to your post!

On the top bar click on insert tools, you will have 4 options
1. Insert a thumbnail that opens to the gallery page when clicked. This is a GREAT option for those that like to post a lot of pictures. You can put one thumbnail in your post and it will open your gallery for more pictures
It looks like this:

2. Insert thumnail that opens the original picture when clicked
To see what this does click on the picture below:

3. Insert thumbnail which JUST does this:

9131upload-thumb.JPG

4. Insert original image!

This will be by FAR the easiest way to post photo's on the board

Enjoy!

Alex

This is an awesome solution to allow you to post pictures to your thread to share your best shots. No more do you have to deal with finding somewhere to host pictures nor deal with changes to on-line image services not allowing external links. You now have an area within the DIS community to place your photos for free and it gives you an easy way to host your Disney online photo album. This is just another great example of how all of the DIS team are working to create an online environment to meet the needs of their users. Please enjoy the new feature and don't forget to thank Alex for all his hard work next time you see him around.

Jeff

OK, I'm a feeb... Can someone explain to me how I upload photos to the DIS site - so I can use our new photo insertion process. I have some good pictures of Polar Bears from Churchill (taken with a Nikon D-70, for those who care).

Jeff, what is the storage capacity for non sponsors? I am a sponsor, no storage limits, but was wondering for others who are not.

When you hit register it comes up PAGE NOT FOUND. :/

Another good place is PHOTOBUCKET.COM and it's free as well :)

Lachesis00 said:
When you hit register it comes up PAGE NOT FOUND. :/

Another good place is PHOTOBUCKET.COM and it's free as well :)

Hmm I have the same troubles.

EDIT

Just log in with you DIS name and pass... works then. Who would have thought huh... lol not me!

I did this and successfully posted one pic, but when I tried to post another pic on a different post it says "done with errors on the page" and nothing shows up. I have 4 pictures in my 'gallery' and they all look like they are selected. They are on a blue background with insert tools on the top right. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? It seemed so easy the first time. I'm sure that I must be forgetting some simple step.

Thanks for your help.
Chris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter