Posts Got Me Thinking

Boston5602

DIS Veteran
I just want to say , because when I go with my friends there isn't a question on if I'm gay or not , but I mostly go with my family. Me , my sister and my two nieces 5 and 10 go to Disney often and if you see us in the parks it looks like we're the all American family and I want everyone out there sitting in an attraction holding your partners hand or walking by us holding hands , when I look at you it's in admiration not disdain . It's only AFTER I see two women or men go by that I realize they might think I'm staring out of judgement and wanted you all to know that just might not be the case . Bi the way if you see a mid 30's slightly overweight , who said I color my hair? , gay guy walking around with a stylish shorthaired 10 year old girl say HI its me :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Haha, good point.

I find myself in the same position as I don't think I look very gay (well I'm bi actually, and how does one make oneself look more bi?).

After I posted on one of the threads about maybe getting nasty looks for PDAs, I realized that I'm guilty of giving other couples nasty looks for their gross PDAs - gay or straight. Maybe I should stop that.

So if anyone gets scowled at by... well, my picture's right over there (I'm the one on the right), I sincerely apologize.

Holy Toledo! This just happened to me last night on the subway! I was on my way into Manhattan and saw two young ladies holding hands. I guess I started day dreaming or something because I didn't realize that I stared a tiny bit longer than acceptable because one of the women commented about my minding my own business.

I explained that I was also gay, that I was just thinking about Joe and I when we were first starting to date. We ended up having a nice conversation but boy, that was embarrassing initially!

It always makes me smile with a sense of pride to see other diverse couples holding hands. Not just gays---bi racial couples go through alot of the same negative looks. Good for everyone who is proud to be who they are. :thumbsup2 It always reinforces that I am not the only one who is judged.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter