Pot Roast at Disney

twoolle

DIS Veteran
I have heard great things about the pot roast at Liberty Tree Tavern. We have been there twice but never ordered it. However, I also noticed that 50's Prime Time also serves Pot Roast. We were thinking about trying a new restaurant this time and was wondering if the pot roast is the same at both places? Or should we stick with LTT for good pot roast? Thanks!

I haven't had either, but my DH had the pot roast at 50's and LOVED it. He still talks about it years later. :p

Another vote for pot roast at 50's Prime Time. :thumbsup2 I got the sampler [small portions of fried chicken, meatloaf and pot roast] and my son got the pot roast meal. While I enjoyed the chicken and meatloaf, I absolutely loved the pot roast and was jealous of my son's full size pot roast. :goodvibes

Try 50's, you'll have fun, highly themed.

Most the pot roast in Disney tastes similar. Had many across property like LTT, BOG, CRT (Major Domo), 50's Prime .... all very similar. Even thought I think some is pork, it still tastes the same. :tilt:

Last edited:
Thanks all! Looks Like we might need an ADR at DHS after all! I am. Not thrilled about their counter service so it should work out.

Last edited:

You can get a similar pot roast at the Food Court at the All Star Resorts. While it's served on a paper plate, it was every bit as good as the one from Liberty Tree Tavern.

The last time I was at Disney... almost 10 years ago I had the post roast at 50's.... I'm looking forward to ordering again this time... it was that good that I still remember it.

It's all the same. Exactly the same pot roast, from exactly the same place. The Garden Grill now serves it too.

LTT had the only edible pot roast I've had at WDW. Prime Time had lots of gristle in theirs. Couldn't eat it.

I have heard great things about the pot roast at Liberty Tree Tavern. We have been there twice but never ordered it. However, I also noticed that 50's Prime Time also serves Pot Roast. We were thinking about trying a new restaurant this time and was wondering if the pot roast is the same at both places? Or should we stick with LTT for good pot roast? Thanks!
I've had both. 50's Prime Time's pot roast is to me more traditional in a brown gravy. The pot roast at Liberty Tree Tavern is in a more tomato based gravy.
Both are very good but I prefer the dish at 50's Prime Time.

You can get a similar pot roast at the Food Court at the All Star Resorts. While it's served on a paper plate, it was every bit as good as the one from Liberty Tree Tavern.

Also same at Contempo Cafe. No difference except price and theming.

I've had both. 50's Prime Time's pot roast is to me more traditional in a brown gravy. The pot roast at Liberty Tree Tavern is in a more tomato based gravy.
Tomato based? At LTT? No.

No, definitely not a tomato based gravy at LTT. It actually says "Braised Beef in a Cabernet Wine and Mushroom Sauce served with Mashed Potatoes and Garden Vegetables". Its basically gravy...and sooooooo good. LTT pot roast is AMAZING! :goodvibes

Last edited:
Prime Time pot roast is amazing!!! (Just thinking about it makes me sad to miss it this coming week... We're going to Sci-Fi and a first trip to Mama Melrose for a dining package)

The first time I had the pot roast at LTT it came with onion straws on top. Delicious! The second time I had it, no onion straws (cutbacks on Disney's food offerings). Even though it was still tasty, that extra touch was very much missed. :(

The first time I had the pot roast at LTT it came with onion straws on top. Delicious! The second time I had it, no onion straws (cutbacks on Disney's food offerings). Even though it was still tasty, that extra touch was very much missed. :(
oh my goodness, I loooooooove onion straws!!! I didnt know LTT had that back in the day. Ever try the bacon wrapped meatloaf at WGPE? Its served with mashed pot and gravy, with onion straws on top. WOW! AMAZING! Im drooling on my keyboard just thinking about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter