POTC online Beta Test

I received an email on Friday, the 30th, that said "We invite you to set sail in Disney's new FREE Multiplayer online game." I have not been keeping up with this thread because I was not a Beta Tester, so I have NO idea how you play this game. Is it REALLY free, difficulty level (I have problems with VMK's POTC) :lmao: , what other game would you compare this to?

:thanks: for answering some questions

Lyn

I received an email on Friday, the 30th, that said "We invite you to set sail in Disney's new FREE Multiplayer online game." I have not been keeping up with this thread because I was not a Beta Tester, so I have NO idea how you play this game. Is it REALLY free, difficulty level (I have problems with VMK's POTC) :lmao: , what other game would you compare this to?

:thanks: for answering some questions

Lyn

Is it really free? Depends on how you describe "free". If you want full access to the game and be able to unlock everything there is a fee of $10 a month. There is a free version availiable that has ads and only lets you go up to a certain level. If you are just interested to see how the game is I suggested you download the free version. However the game is addicting! I swore I was not going to pay for any game but I ended up paying :rolleyes1

Difficulty Level- It takes awile to get your sea legs. You will end up in jail alot for the first few days! I suggest reading the players guide on the potc website and possibly joing a forum specializing in this game. I also suggest joining a guild. My guild helped me battle all the enemies who were very high levels and were always there to assist. Once you start leveling up and get used to the game it is not that difficult.

What kind of game would you compare this to?
I dont play alot of different games besides vmk and potco but pirates is basically a huge muli-player game. It is targeted to teens and aldults. Even though there is a restricted dictionary you have more freedom of speech than vmk. The graphics in this game are amazing but since its still a new game lots of bugs are always coming up.

If you have any other questions pm me and I will be happy to answer them :goodvibes

I agree with everything Curlee said!

I would play the free version just to see if you like it, but I also thought I would NEVER pay - yet I am a paying member now.

It is NOT like pirates in VMK so don't worry about that.

You never have to compete against other players (though you can choose a mode where you fight other people)

Just try it out - I think you will like it!

Peri Brownsword in Pirates.

Thank you so very much for answering my questions :goodvibes The game sort of sound like World of Warcraft or Warhammer Alliance, as I know these because my son built and sold web pages for these games. Sounds interesting though, so maybe I will give it try and see if I have enough time to truly play it.

I trust there are on *ties* between this and VMK :confused3 If I won something on this game, it is not something I could bring over to VMK.

Again, thank you so very much :flower3:

Lyn

Is it really free? Depends on how you describe "free". If you want full access to the game and be able to unlock everything there is a fee of $10 a month. There is a free version availiable that has ads and only lets you go up to a certain level. If you are just interested to see how the game is I suggested you download the free version. However the game is addicting! I swore I was not going to pay for any game but I ended up paying :rolleyes1

Difficulty Level- It takes awile to get your sea legs. You will end up in jail alot for the first few days! I suggest reading the players guide on the potc website and possibly joing a forum specializing in this game. I also suggest joining a guild. My guild helped me battle all the enemies who were very high levels and were always there to assist. Once you start leveling up and get used to the game it is not that difficult.

What kind of game would you compare this to?
I dont play alot of different games besides vmk and potco but pirates is basically a huge muli-player game. It is targeted to teens and aldults. Even though there is a restricted dictionary you have more freedom of speech than vmk. The graphics in this game are amazing but since its still a new game lots of bugs are always coming up.

If you have any other questions pm me and I will be happy to answer them :goodvibes

Thank you so very much for answering my questions :goodvibes The game sort of sound like World of Warcraft or Warhammer Alliance, as I know these because my son built and sold web pages for these games. Sounds interesting though, so maybe I will give it try and see if I have enough time to truly play it.

I trust there are on *ties* between this and VMK :confused3 If I won something on this game, it is not something I could bring over to VMK.

Again, thank you so very much :flower3:

Lyn

Im not sure exactly what you are asking but there are no "ties" between vmk and pirates online.

I play....and i was a beta tester...

Anyone on right now?

Okay... I have a weird problem... and I'm wondering if anybody else is having the same problem.... I was a beta for the game and it worked fine on my dad's computer. Once it went live, it no longer worked.

Anybody else have this problem? It's rather annoying! I loved the game in Beta and I was so looking forward to playing... did the requirements change when it went live?

It tries to update but it freezes up at 4 of 5.... it really sucks. Of those who pre ordered, have you recieved the cloth map and crew kit yet?

sounds like a computer issue rather than a gam issue. Perhaps ther eis not enough memory let to install the full version. Cloth maps were said to have mailed yester day

Kind of off topic...have any beta players received the little cloth 'map' thing we were supposed to get?

They say they were mailed the other day..

but since I'm in Georgia and they're office is in Cali, it may take awhile for mine to get here.

Anyone know if there is a Dis Guild on there? If so I'd like to join because I just recently started playing again after beta.

I havent' really played much either...I kinda miss it...but miss all the folks i had on my friend list in beta. :(

Ok, I'm logging in now.... Can you meet me on Port Royal in the Royal Anchor Pub on Ocean server Bettermo...look for Esmerelda Lockmorgan :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter