POTC Question

walker0829

Mouseketeer
Last week we rode POTC one time at rope drop and then it was down the other days we wanted to go. One part of the ride seemed off from my memory so hoping those that know the ride well can answer whether it's how it is or whether an effect wasn't working.

During the scene right after the battle between the boat and the bastion the left side was just slightly lit with a dim light and covered in fog so almost nothing was visible. I thought I had remembered another fort or something to that effect that was supposed to be lit up. It almost seemed like a major lighting problem that should have been caught.

In my mind the whole scene felt off but since it had been 2 years since my last visit I shrugged it off. Any thoughts/comments on how the battle scenes should look?

One day last week we were one of the first boats on and the lights were totally out on the right side (across from the boat) at the battle scene. The next time we rode that day, the fortress on the right was lit dimly. It's really just like a fort wall with a cannon poking out I think. Not that much to see, but without the light, it's just blackness. We must have ridden the same day as you.

One day last week we were one of the first boats on and the lights were totally out on the right side (across from the boat) at the battle scene. The next time we rode that day, the fortress on the right was lit dimly. It's really just like a fort wall with a cannon poking out I think. Not that much to see, but without the light, it's just blackness. We must have ridden the same day as you.

Yea when we rode the first fort was visible but not that well lit but after you went around that scene there was more fighting(and sounds) but no visual to accompany the sounds from the left side. Very weird.

I don't think there's anything really there. You're supposed to be looking at the dunking in the well scene after the battle. I can't picture what's there. Just a fort-looking prop I think but no action.

Right after the battle scene when you come up to the well dunking, there's nothing going on on the left side. That side is always very dim because it's just a piece of the fort/town that the boat is firing at in the previous scene.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter