[potential spoiler alert] What happens in the Horror Make-up Show when...

snoopboop

DIS Veteran
What happens in the Horror Make-Up Show when there doesn't happen to be an audience volunteer who will be a good fit for the gags? Every time I've been there, they've found a volunteer who the jokes will work on. Do they plant someone for each show just in case? Do they modify the show if necessary?

My son was picked to be the volunteer once so I don't think they plant anyone...I'm pretty sure there's a candidate in every crowd.

We've seen the show so many times I can't count.......and as Tink says.....yes there's always someone in the audience to play off of.........

They can adapt.

Last show I saw they got an older Japanese woman that didn't speak a lick of English. It was hilarious.

No plant real participant.

I really liked the show better years ago. They have tweaked the show many times too.

My son was picked to be the volunteer once so I don't think they plant anyone...I'm pretty sure there's a candidate in every crowd.

The “audience volunteer” has always being a non-English speaking Japanese female for the many times I’ve enjoyed this entertaining and amusing show. This has left me with a feeling that an “audience plant” could be used; plus sometimes it seems that the audience member is more of a draftee then volunteer.

Glad to hear that the show is not always using a fixed volunteer profile.

Just got ask... Does your son speak English? :-)

G’day
I I I

DH was picked the first visit we went, this past time was a Brazilian woman that spoke no English

This used to be the last old ending. They stopped doing this due to health concern.

DH was picked the first visit we went, this past time was a Brazilian woman that spoke no English

I'm shocked they picked a guy. It's always been a female for volunteer and a young child for the rocks.

I'm shocked they picked a guy. It's always been a female for volunteer and a young child for the rocks.

Exactly what I'm curious to know.... I assume the "she doesn't speak English" jokes wouldn't have worked with that poster's DH, so I wonder how they play that scene differently???

Most of the shows I've seen have been women that English is their second language (if that). It works a lot better that way. Last show I saw, you could tell they hoped they were picking a foreign woman, but didn't, but it still worked pretty well, just not as funny as usual. The boys they pick are almost always ones that work fine....as long as they don't clam up.

Exactly what I'm curious to know.... I assume the "she doesn't speak English" jokes wouldn't have worked with that poster's DH, so I wonder how they play that scene differently???

Just the screaming part would freak me out if a man was picked. Also when they stack the fake arms and legs to build the female the perfect man/husband.

Last edited:
My bad...it was a few years ago and I forgot that he was the "mouth to mouth guy" not the other volunteer, it was also a female host.

And yes, he does speak English.

My bad...it was a few years ago and I forgot that he was the "mouth to mouth guy" not the other volunteer, it was also a female host.

And yes, he does speak English.

I think we were referring to RMulieri's DH.

I don't remember much about the show except it was like ONE BIG promotion for The Werewolf movie with Benecio Del toro.They only used DH for some minor stuff and there was still a woman they used from the audience too..But when we went this last time the show was better, less film and more acting on stage stuff.The first time we went there were only like 10 people in the theater though and that is probably why DH was chosen and why the show was not so good

I don't remember much about the show except it was like ONE BIG promotion for The Werewolf movie with Benecio Del toro.They only used DH for some minor stuff and there was still a woman they used from the audience too..But when we went this last time the show was better, less film and more acting on stage stuff.The first time we went there were only like 10 people in the theater though and that is probably why DH was chosen and why the show was not so good

Ah, that explains it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter