Potty Training and WDW

one idea I have used is to put a pull up on over the underwear so if accident happens you only have to change the underwear and pull up. but the child still feels the wetness of accident. but yes all that was said above is true of bathrooms at Disney and other places. if I remember correctly you are flying and there is one place I would do only pull up as seatbelt sign could be on when child needs to go
This is the method we are using with our youngest right now. She has a speech delay and has her own agenda so it's been tricky but have noticed the most progress with this approach.
Not sure if it has been recommended already but even if your child is trained/mostly trained by December make note of where the family restrooms are. There is often a little wait for them but much quieter and more space to move if you need a bottom change.

This is the method we are using with our youngest right now. She has a speech delay and has her own agenda so it's been tricky but have noticed the most progress with this approach.
Not sure if it has been recommended already but even if your child is trained/mostly trained by December make note of where the family restrooms are. There is often a little wait for them but much quieter and more space to move if you need a bottom change.
The handicapped/family are quieter but can take longer if person ahead of you has handicapped issues. And yes I am one. Story I have told many times here of me taking to long and parents waiting wanted me to pay for a change of clothes for their child because of having accident while waiting for me to get done. So they are not always the best place to head if child needs in a hurry

The handicapped/family are quieter but can take longer if person ahead of you has handicapped issues. And yes I am one. Story I have told many times here of me taking to long and parents waiting wanted me to pay for a change of clothes for their child because of having accident while waiting for me to get done. So they are not always the best place to head if child needs in a hurry
Actually I believe they are just handicapped restrooms, not family, and not on the regular park maps, unless that’s changed.

Actually I believe they are just handicapped restrooms, not family, and not on the regular park maps, unless that’s changed.
you are correct but a lot of people feel differently. I have had it happen to me when I took longer than what family waiting felt I should have. So I say that way and has been pointed out to me nothing stops anyone from using

Thanks all, it's been a calmer month since we've paused. We've not had interest from her since and haven't pushed it, so we're not going to have to deal with any toilet fears. It's a shame we couldn't train before but hopefully we'll get there eventually

Thanks for all the advice, we had a lovely time in Disney, she had the most special experience. She got so distracted there was no chance we'd have had a chance with potty training. I think all the excitement of the trip has set her back a bit, she's no interest or care about wetting her nappies at the moment. Hopefully we'll be starting training at some point soon in the new year. All the advice here kept our trip super smooth. I'm sure we'll be going again!

I would not pause while on your trip. You mentioned that you have not made much progress. It may be due to the pause you already took. At three, most children are able to fully recognize the urge to go. You may want to tell them that their reward for going on their own is to get to go to WDW or to do X while visiting.
Agree with this. A few years ago we went in November and had potty trained our daughter starting in August. Wr had her wear pull ups just in case, but still made frequent bathroom stops. She didn’t end up using the pull up even once.

Agree with this. A few years ago we went in November and had potty trained our daughter starting in August. Wr had her wear pull ups just in case, but still made frequent bathroom stops. She didn’t end up using the pull up even once.
Thanks I do think we should have tried and prepare for failure. The whole pause has derailed any progress we had and haven't had a good chance to knuckle down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter