Potty training while crusing?

adrien32

Mouseketeer
Our two-year-old will likely still be potty training on our cruise. Any tips? Should we bring one of those little potty chairs? She has one that comes apart and lets you put the little seat on top of our toilet at home, but I don't know if it will fit on a cruise ship toilet.

I'm not sure if the potty seat will fit on the toilet either, but I've seen some fold-up potty seats that look easy to pack into a suitcase if you want to try it.

For our daughter, she was 3-yr-old and was able to sit on the potty ok. (Just needed a boost to get up there.) Also, I brought a bunch of pull-ups for her. We ended up using very few of them, because there are plenty of restrooms easily accessible to dining rooms/theaters/etc. But that is one of my suggestions...stuff pull-ups into the front zip pockets of your luggage. That way, you've got a "safety net", so to speak, in case of accidents during shows/dinner. ;)

I got a fold away potty seat at Babies-r-us that easily fits into a diaper bag and fits pretty much any toilet.

On our March Cruise our daughter was potty training. We have the fold-up seat by I believe Graco. It fit just fine on the cruise potties. We also left it at Flounder's with her and they take them to the bathroom while they are there...at least they did for us.

One tip, let your child flush that toilet once or twice...it is much louder than what she is used to. It took my daughter some getting used to that noise. After a few times she thought it was cool. But we did not want her to be "scared of the potty" so to speak. That happened to her with an automatic flushing one that flushed while she was on it. She was afraid of the bathroom for two days.

Good luck with the training.

I had the fold up seat and a baby bjorn 1 piece potty. That fold up seat I have is sort of a pain because it keeps popping up while I'm trying to put her on it. The one piece potty was perfect and it fits right under the shelf under the sink.

This pic is from www.babybjorn.com. It's called the little potty. I do have an actual pic of DD sitting on hers on the cruise, but I'd probably get arrested for posting it!! :rolleyes:

150x0_$archive$images$products$bathroom$0500_little_potty.jpg

My daughter is 4 so is potty trained but I did bring the folding seat and that worked out fine. No amount of flushing would get her used to the noise however, if we were in our stateroom I would flush for her after she left the bathroom and in the rest rooms she held her hands over her ears. :goodvibes

I have to strongly agree with jrabbit about the Mickey Pool, almost every day I tried to take my daughter to swim in it, it was shut down, roped off, men in white suits scrubbing out the pool, this is for hours, every time there was an "accident" in the pool. I would imagine it would be pretty embarrassing but it didn't seem to stop people :sad2: It got so the only time I would go up to the pool was early in the morning.

Maybe she will be able to use the regular potty. My DS only used the potty chair for a short period of time. Then he switched to the regular toilet. Maybe you want to start working on the regular toilet now so she is comfortable with it.

Good luck and pixie dust!!!! :wizard:

We weren't intending on potty training our daughter on our first cruise, back in 2014 when Hailey 2, but we had a very successful experience! She could already pee on the potty, but was a little nervous to do #2.... I'm not sure if it was because the toilet was a bit lower than ours at home, or if the bathroom was smaller, but her nerves disappeared and she potty trained herself on that cruise!

I ordered a cheap floor potty through Amazon and had it sent directly to the ship. It was perfect because of the split bathroom set up, I put it in the tub bathroom so he could sit for awhile and still had the real toilet available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter