PPO for BOG and 7DMT before official park opening?

disneylover102

DIS Veteran
Has anyone on here been successful recently in having a PPO ADR for BOG and getting on 7DMT before the park officially opens (with no EMM or EMH)? I thought I heard they weren’t doing it as much anymore, but I’m not sure.

We’ve done this 3 years in a row, as recently as last month. Last month there was EMM but they still let BOG people line up and go through the queue before rope drop crowds came. It was right at 9:00am so we only got one ride instead of the 2-3 we have gotten in past years but we were still thrilled and always pleasantly surprised. It’s one of the best Disney Hacks IMo!

We had an PPO ADR at BOG this past Thursday (4/12/18), were among the first in (and first finished), and were behind only two other people in the line for 7DMT. The line formed around the corner from the 7DMT entrance (across from PVH), and then we were moved over to 7DMT by a CM as the welcome show was going on. They did not open the ride until 9 AM, at which point a CM walked us through the queue. We were on the first train of the day and off by 9:05 or so, but we did not get to ride before the park opened. We rode PP next and were definitely behind the RD crowd there.

I hope this procedure is still around when i go in February 2019. This is one of my strategies. We are going to get our BOG ADR, eat at our hotel (SOG) before we actually get to the park, order something small at BOG and basically buy our way into fantasyland before rope drop to hit 7DMT and PP early without using FP.

My daughter and I had the same exact experience as Minniemoo 15 - did it last month on a morning with EMM, and got to line up before rope drop people. We didn't enjoy the food at BOG. I have celiacs though, so not much there for me to eat and the eggs (about the only think I could eat) were not very good. My daughter ate the tiny bit of cereal and fruit she got but didn't care for the side of muffin style bread - they didn't give us pastries, maybe they ran out.

My daughter and I had the same exact experience as Minniemoo 15 - did it last month on a morning with EMM, and got to line up before rope drop people. We didn't enjoy the food at BOG. I have celiacs though, so not much there for me to eat and the eggs (about the only think I could eat) were not very good. My daughter ate the tiny bit of cereal and fruit she got but didn't care for the side of muffin style bread - they didn't give us pastries, maybe they ran out.
That’s the first time I’ve heard of someone not getting pastries when entrees were ordered. Anyone else not get the pasty tray?

I hope this procedure is still around when i go in February 2019. This is one of my strategies. We are going to get our BOG ADR, eat at our hotel (SOG) before we actually get to the park, order something small at BOG and basically buy our way into fantasyland before rope drop to hit 7DMT and PP early without using FP.

You may want to check the menu in advance to see if ordering something small is possible and/or worthwhile. My recollection is that all adult entrees were $25 and kids $14. If you go, order in advance online to speed the process upon arrival. If not worth going, and you still want to "buy your way in", you may be better off just using the ADR to get in early, skipping BOG entirely, and just accepting the $10 per person no show charge so you can get in line early. You will certainly be ahead of everyone who goes in to eat, as well as all non- PPO ADR guests, so should be front of the line. Whether that is (a) permitted or (b) worth it for you, I don't know. Good luck.

There is no "ordering something small." It's a prix fixe menu, no matter what you order. You could just eat breakfast there, it's not bad and you still get in early. Just get the earliest ADR, mobile order, and eat fast. You will still be at the front of the crowd.

I asked them if I could order a child's breakfast and they said that was ok - I didn't want to pay $25.00 for not so good eggs (I had heard the eggs weren't too good before going), 14 was bad enough. So an adult can order something smaller.

Do they sell cupcakes for breakfast? I don't remember seeing those on the breakfast menu or do you just ask?

It was on the pre order menu on the app last month. I ordered a cupcake and coffee for myself, DH got a meal and the 4 kids split 2 kid meals. And we got a tray of pastries. $60 for a family of 6.

It was on the pre order menu on the app last month. I ordered a cupcake and coffee for myself, DH got a meal and the 4 kids split 2 kid meals. And we got a tray of pastries. $60 for a family of 6.
Good to know. I didn't look at the menu on the app. Did you do a PPO? I didn't think they would let us split a meal for a PPO and I didn't ask, should have though.

Wait, what? I thought the prix fix was only dinner?

Is Breakfast no longer a la carte?
It’s a la carte but all adult meals cost $25 and all kids meals cost $14.

To the OP, my trip was in early December but for what is worth we had not once but two PPO breakfast at BOG. At one of them we were in at exactly 7:55am, left around 8:25am and I was first in line for 7D one time, they held us back right by the corner of the FP line. They let us in using the FP line and I got 4 rides in before RD people arrived and the wait jumped to 80 minutes. Totally worth in my opinion!

Good to know. I didn't look at the menu on the app. Did you do a PPO? I didn't think they would let us split a meal for a PPO and I didn't ask, should have though.

Yes it was PPO. Breakfast is just like any other non AYCE restaurant, you can split meals. People get confused because each meal has the same price so they assume it's a price per person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter