PPO GG....barely

SG131

DIS Veteran
So I was finally able to snag a garden grill reservation......for 8:55...... I wasn't really going for PPO, I'm just glad I got a reservation at all. But with it being so close to park opening time, what time should I get to Epcot to be ahead of the crowd so that I'm not late for my ADR? Since I'm assuming there will be plenty of RD people there by the time I arrive, is there somewhere off to the side for me to enter or will I need to navigate past the crowd of RD to the tapstile? Any other advise, I've never done a PPO before?

If I recall correctly, we had a similar situation. The let the crowds in a bit earlier than 9 so you just filter in with the masses. You should have no trouble making the ADR.

There was a breakfast entrance when I was there last year. It was off the the far right hand side as you look at the tapstiles. I would suggest getting there about 8:30 and looking for the breakfast entrance to allow yourself time to stroll over to the land.

There was a breakfast entrance when I was there last year. It was off the the far right hand side as you look at the tapstiles. I would suggest getting there about 8:30 and looking for the breakfast entrance to allow yourself time to stroll over to the land.

Yes, with a PPO reservation you can get in much earlier, and they may seat you before your reservation time. I would do that, because they will start to let in the general public at around 8:45/8:50, and you don't want to be part of the cattle herd if you can avoid it.

I thought all ppo people were allowed in at 8, regardless of when the actual adr time is, and the restaurants will then take you first come first served

I thought all ppo people were allowed in at 8, regardless of when the actual adr time is, and the restaurants will then take you first come first served

I also have an 8:55 reservation at GG and would love confirmation on the above! I'll keep trying to move it earlier but no luck so far, and I don't want to be there so early if they won't let us in until 8:30 or later.

When we were there in April, there was an obvious line for people with a PPO breakfast. CMs verified with folks getting in line that they had a PPO. I had read on the boards that any PPO meant getting in early ... so I had every intention of being there when they allowed the line to enter before 8:00 even though my ADR was 8:45. But, I had also read that, if multiple parties were eating at the host stand, they might prioritize those with earlier times. I used www.touringplans.com to look for an earlier time (was successful!) because my goal was to walk on Soarin' before rope drop (achieved!).

Have fun!

I also have an 8:55 reservation at GG and would love confirmation on the above! I'll keep trying to move it earlier but no luck so far, and I don't want to be there so early if they won't let us in until 8:30 or later.
Exact same thing for us. 8:55 reservation and it’s all to rope drop soaring. We are gonna make sure and be at the park and in line by 7:20 and keep our fingers crossed. If anyone else had a 7:55 reservation and this worked for them would love a confirmation also :).

Exact same thing for us. 8:55 reservation and it’s all to rope drop soaring. We are gonna make sure and be at the park and in line by 7:20 and keep our fingers crossed. If anyone else had a 7:55 reservation and this worked for them would love a confirmation also :).

I’m confused because you mention 8:55, 7:20, and 7:55.

Regardless, the PPO ADR doesn’t offer much advantage. If you commit to arriving 45 mins prior to park open you can walk right to and walk right on Soarin’.

I’ve found this more enjoyable than getting to the park 60 minutes prior to park open, rushing over to GG and then rushing through an expensive character meal.

I imagine if you don't get seated until well after 8 (for a 9:00 park opening), you might feel rushed if you goal is to get to Soarin before RD folks....but that wasn't our experience. They let us into the park early enough to not rush to GG, we had lengthy "conversations" with each of the characters and ate plenty of food (and Mama had several cups of coffee 8-)) before walking right on. It's not for everyone, but for my crew it was a fun, relaxed way to start the day. I love character meals partially because my kids don't wait in line for characters (or much of anything else) in the parks, but they enjoy the restaurant interactions.

Thanks for all the Info! It seems like the other person that commented had the goal of soarin’, but I’m not planning on soarin’. It sounds like if by some miracle I’m up I can head over early and try to get seated, but that is highly highly unlikely. Last year I was running through the park for a 9:55 Akershus reservation (it was also August so we really looked cute by the time we got there....). My main goal is to make sure I get there with enough time and knowledge of where I’m going to avoid that this time around!

Thanks for all the Info! It seems like the other person that commented had the goal of soarin’, but I’m not planning on soarin’. It sounds like if by some miracle I’m up I can head over early and try to get seated, but that is highly highly unlikely. Last year I was running through the park for a 9:55 Akershus reservation (it was also August so we really looked cute by the time we got there....). My main goal is to make sure I get there with enough time and knowledge of where I’m going to avoid that this time around!

They will let you in the park at 8 or even a bit before. GG may not seat you until closer to 8:55, but my experience is that you’ll get seated when you arrive. If your goal is to beat the RD crowd, you’ll be fine- as long as you can get yourself there (always the hardest part).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter