"Practicing" making my ADRs

Surgie2

DIS Veteran
I haven't made ADRs since 2018 so I have been logging in at 6:00 EST for a few days to practice and see how the steps work on the computer and on the app. We are staying offsite in November so I can only book 60 days out. I am choosing non-park restaurants. Practicing today for Sept. 25. Two questions...

1. When I attempt to reserve on the website, I see times available buttons. I click on a time and then it goes nowhere. There is no "next" button or other way to move forward with the reservation. What am I missing? I am using Safari on a Mac.

2. On the app, I am able to progress after choosing my time. Since my CC is in my account I want to be careful not to accidentally book yet. But I want to see how to add various family members to the reservation. If I press the green "Book Now" button, will I still have a chance to back out before payment?

Thank you.

*Edited to add, the website seems to work correctly with Chrome. Have other Mac users found this to be true?

I'm afraid I can't comment on Safari, but the only restaurant you need to pay for in advance is Cinderella. The others only hold your credit card details in case you do not cancel 24hrs before the booking (and do not show up). You can therefore practice booking an easy one, then cancel it.

Good luck! We are staying offsite. I used the app and my laptop at the same time. I was able to book Cinderella and Garden Grill at reservation release time. Sci Fi I took an awkward mid morning booking but was then able to modify using one of the dining availability checking apps. Ohana breakfast was a nightmare as each day I checked there was nothing! But got one in the end! I'd definitely recommend getting one of the free apps (not sure if I'm allowed to mention which one).

For the second question, when I booked ADRs (via MDE mobile app) I designated my party size but not the specific family & friends who will be joining me. Once my reservation was confirmed, I was able to "Update Party" to link them to it. (This is for ADRs that are not pre-paid.)

I'm afraid I can't comment on Safari, but the only restaurant you need to pay for in advance is Cinderella. The others only hold your credit card details in case you do not cancel 24hrs before the booking (and do not show up). You can therefore practice booking an easy one, then cancel it.
Thank you! I had forgotten it was a CC hold only. I do have a dining search app through another site which I can use if needed. I think Thanksgiving week offsite will be tough for ADRs but we'll give it a try!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter