Update: Pray for Dom- Dom has passed, His Services, Thank You- Page 48 post 949

Blessings to your dear nephew for strength and healing, and to his family during this difficult time. Glad to read your update with encouraging news from the doctor.

My nephew, Dom, was in a terrible accident last week, Thursday evening, March 24th, around 8pm. He was on his way to a friend's in Fort Lauderdale, driving from his house in Cape Coral, when his car ran off the road on 95 in Deerfield Beach, Broward County. His car ended up submerged in the canal, and fortunately, since it was around 8pm, witnessed and 911 calls immediately made. The fire station was also only 2 miles away, so they got there very quickly. Dom had no pulse when they pulled him from the sunroof, but they were able to revive him. He's still in a coma, on a ventilator, and has brain stem activity, pupils responding, corneal reflexes, maintaining his heart rate and blood pressure, breathing above the vent rate, but is continuing to have seizure activity. That's all we know at the moment. Please keep him in your prayers. My brother, his wife, and Dom, my brother's son, just moved to Cape Coral in November, and were so excited to be living in Florida. My husband & I were suppose to meet them at WDW next week for a few days, and then go back to spend a few days at their house.

We are still praying that he will emerge from the coma to at least a state of awareness, so that he may be rehabilitated. Our fear is that he may emerge from the coma & remain vegetative. It is in God's hands at this time. I've done so much research this week, & there are some success stories, so we hold on to that.

No one knows what truly happened. The investigators believe he may have had some type of event in the car prior to veering off the road. They asked my brother if he had a history of seizures. He doesn't, but has a long history of severe migraines. They believe he was unconscious prior to the accident, as they said he rode the fence for awhile, before going through into the water, & never tried to correct the car. Did he choke on something that dislodged once he was in the water? Only God knows. His drug & alcohol screen were negative.

My husband & I, my sister, & my daughter are flying down to Florida today to see him, & my brother. We're staying until Tuesday, but I packed extra clothes in case I need to stay longer. Please keep Dom in your prayers, & add him to any prayer chains that you know of. Thank you so much!

12592252_773427726090365_6831257708639445102_n.jpg

http://www.local10.com/news/vehicle-crashes-into-canal-along-i-95#|gigyaMobileDialog

May God bless you, him, and your family.

Sending prayers, hugs and best wishes for you all.

Also sent a friend request :)

hang in there a d please look after yourself too, as you need to keep your strength up, for those around you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter