Pre Cruise Testing

Joy1127

Earning My Ears
Since it seems unlikely Disney is going to drop the pre Cruise Testing requirement, can someone point me in the direction of a cost effective testing option? My husband and I definitely would prefer to test before going so any recommendations for what test is best for the at home proctored test would be appreciated!

Also who would you recommend for proctoring the covid test?

TIA!

I think it is worth the extra cost to buy your test from Inspire Diagnostics, right within the Safe Passage website, and have them proctor it for you.

Any other company: You do the proctored test, then you upload your results, then you sit and stress and worry that you did everything correctly and wait for Inspire to approve the results.

Buying through Inspire: You do the proctored test, and while you're still on the Zoom call with the proctor, they mark your account "Clear to Sail" and have you refresh your account to make sure everything looks good before you hang up. No uploading, no waiting, no stress.

It's like $48 a person. Well worth it to me.

I’m planning to use on-point for my upcoming cruise in 2+ weeks.

I used on point with the free kits I got from the government. It worked perfectly and was a super cheap option. Did it all last week.
How long did it take for your On Point test results to reflect Disney SafePassage site?

We used the BinaxNOW proctored tests from emed.com before our cruise last year. Testing at home before we left on the trip gave us an extra level of security that were we would pass the tests in the parking lot two days later. Another thought was it would be a lot less stressful cancelling / postponing everything from our kitchen table in New Jersey than from a quarantine hotel in the Port Canaveral area. We will do it again in a couple of weeks.

We have some of the free tests from the government but I do not think they are proctored.

You have to do what you are most comfortable with!

For us - we did two cruises this summer - July 21 and August 1.

We used WM life Centers based out of Canada - https://lifecenters.ca/

We tried them for the first cruise and when we had no issues we used them for the second one as well.

They cost $20 CDN for the first person and $5 CDN for each additional person up to 8 people. You have to have your own sealed RAT tests - but we still have a lot of them from the ones that our government was giving out.

It took 8 hours to get approved by Safe Passage for our tests submitted on a weekday and 15 hours for our test submitted on a Sunday.

For On Point, since the free government tests come two to a box- do you need a new box for each person?

For On Point, since the free government tests come two to a box- do you need a new box for each person?
I read that if people are doing the same appointment that on-point was letting them share the 2 test box. But remember the box can not be opened until the appointment. I have read they are strict about that. I plan to take multiple kits with me. We get 16 a month through our health insurance. We plan to test before we leave home and before we take the official test. Plus a few for the ship, and after the cruise. I got covid after my end of April cruise, so more anxious now. We leave in 2 weeks and we both just got our second booster a week ago to help keep our immunity higher than it was.

I think the Binax Now kits are much easier to do than the govt ones.

I went to the pharmacy in Walmart with my insurance card and in a few minutes I was handed 4 boxes of Binax Now (8 tests) for free. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 I didn’t realize they would give me that many. 😀

How long did it take for your On Point test results to reflect Disney SafePassage site?
Put them on early saturday morning for a Monday sailing and they were on Safe Passage first thing Sunday morning
No you do not, we had two people and one box. It is supposed to be unopened when you start the test.

I think the Binax Now kits are much easier to do than the govt ones.

I went to the pharmacy in Walmart with my insurance card and in a few minutes I was handed 4 boxes of Binax Now (8 tests) for free. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 I didn’t realize they would give me that many. 😀
Govt just sent us Binax now tests. They are my favorite ones also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter