Pre-EPCOT breakfast recommendations

haileymarie92

Mouseketeer
Hey all!
We will be at WDW Dec 1-10. We have 2 Epcot days and looks like Epcot won’t open until noon during that time. Any recs for a good breakfast/brunch option before our Epcot days? We are staying at AOA (assuming it opens on time), so something on the Skyliner would be awesome, but totally willing to get an Uber also.
Thanks in advance!
Oh I guess I should mention, 3 adults, no kids. But we are not opposed to a character meal, etc (again assuming those reopen)

We have not ate there yet but will be trying Trattoria for breakfast (Boardwalk). We are not breakfast eaters but I saw a couple recent reviews and it sounded great. We're staying at BWV so it's super convenient for us. We'll be dining there before we head off to SeaWorld so I liked the idea of having a good breakfast before we leave. I have no idea of the food options and/or quality available at SeaWorld.

We really liked Trattoria al Forno for breakfast in July before our Epcot day. It was our first time. I would do it again, especially if I was staying on the Boardwalk.

We stayed last Dec and would take skyliner to CBR and hit Centertown Market or boardwalk bakery at BWV. Both were good food and quick eats. Cape May Cafe was another great choice but still not open yet.

Thanks for all the recommendations! I’m going to look up menus for the places suggested and see what fits our group best. We’ve got 2 Epcot days, so we can try two different ones :)

How about Ale and Compass? Dark chocolate cherry waffles ... salted Carmel apple French toast ... and fresh squeezed mimosas. Yum.

That menu does look amazing. We have never eaten there. We don't usually do breakfast at the hotels, since we rope drop. However with late park openings, that's another great option.

We have enjoyed both Trattoria and Ale and Compass for breakfast. One of the things that we enjoyed about Ale and Compass was the buffet, which they are not currently serving. Trattoria‘s menu is limited but really nice right now, and it’s a good price point as there are currently no characters. I think that Topolino is currently overpriced for its offerings and the distanced character interaction.

That menu does look amazing. We have never eaten there. We don't usually do breakfast at the hotels, since we rope drop. However with late park openings, that's another great option.
I've never eaten there either, but since I have 4 nights at BWV and with the late Epcot opening, gonna try it in October.

I've never eaten there either, but since I have 4 nights at BWV and with the late Epcot opening, gonna try it in October.

We really enjoyed the food at Boardwalk Bakery too. It's supposedly a limited menu, but I thought what we had was rather good. It was our first stay at BWV and first time to eat at Boardwalk Bakery. The croissants are the 2nd best on property; Les Halles being the first (I haven't tried anything at Riviera though). The Greek yogurt parfait is good. The grilled cheese and tomato soup was better than Beaches & Cream. The chicken caesar salad is really good and actually had a large amount of kale. I kill for leafy, dark greens on vacation usually.

We really enjoyed the food at Boardwalk Bakery too. It's supposedly a limited menu, but I thought what we had was rather good. It was our first stay at BWV and first time to eat at Boardwalk Bakery. The croissants are the 2nd best on property; Les Halles being the first (I haven't tried anything at Riviera though). The Greek yogurt parfait is good. The grilled cheese and tomato soup was better than Beaches & Cream. The chicken caesar salad is really good and actually had a large amount of kale. I kill for leafy, dark greens on vacation usually.
Good to know. We did stay there a few years ago and usually grabbed something for breakfast at the Belle Vue lounge, which I don't think is open? Never ate at the bakery as the line was always long when we walked by. I saw someone say on another thread they did mobile order there recently.

We tried breakfast at the Fresh Mediterranean Market in the Dolphin Hotel a couple of years ago. It's an "all you care to enjoy" breakfast buffet (no characters) with fresh, locally grown food. It has become our go to breakfast spot when going to Epcot or Hollywood Studios. Disney website says the restaurant is temporarily unavailable, but maybe it will reopen by December.

Yeah we have this booked next month. Never been there before but after reading the menu that French Toast sounded inviting!

My ADR day is this week and it’s definitely on my list! Hope you enjoy!

Exactly what we’re thinking. Late park opening = perfect excuse for a big breakfast. Or brunch!

Had breakfast at Trattoria this week while at BWV and it was VERY good.

Bakery has 2 breakfast sandwiches right now + a handful of pastries. You can mobile order (and should! The line gets quite long). I had the Everything Bagel sandwich this week and it was tasty but, honestly, was only a few bucks cheaper than the amazing poached eggs over polenta from Trattoria which was much tastier and kept me full until mid-afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter