Pre Fort Trip and Fort Trip Report/ now pix added!

Loving your trip report....It looks & sounds like ya'll are having a Wonderful time!!!
You are definitely having wonderful weather.

How I wish I was at the Fort!!

Kim

What great pictures! Sounds like you are both having a wonderful time! We are heading down in April and will definitely check out those snacks. They looked yummy!

Frank, loved your birthday shirt, and was wondering if you remember what store you picked it up at. My hubby will be celebrating his big day while we are there and I would love to surprise him with one. My son/wife will be visiting there before us so I could have them pick one before we get there! (Don't know if that makes sense :confused3). Anyway, love the TR. Thanks!:thumbsup2

Good morning from the Fort Wilderness !

Now I have some really bad news for you,,
we are leaving the Fort this morning, :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
(well, it's really bad news to me)

Good news, I hadda super awesome time, met some really nice folk, ate some really good food (& a little not so good) Oh, if ya want a really good snack and you are in the area of the Poly, go to Capt.Cooks counter service & get the Pork Nachos, instead of nachos it's made with homemade potato chips,,one'a my all time favorites :thumbsup2

Went fish'n fer bout a hour yesterday, caught 3 really nice swimmers and one on the small side. (I used hot dogs).

The weather has been soooo wonderful that I thought about call'n and quitting my jobs and stay'n here forever & ever (amen), but then my sweety reminded me that I really enjoy eat'n onna regular schedule.

We are in loop 1800, across the canal from the pet walk in the very top of the trees there's a couple of large Owl's , we hear them all night, they are quiet in the day, I saw them fly'n in one early morning while walking the fur baby.
This trip has been a very nice animal experience for us at the Fort and in the parks.

Spent yesterday looping walking fishing, riding boats, doing the monorail,
and shopping to end our trip and then did a qiuck dinner at the Roaring Forks counter service at the Wilderness Lodge.

Pretty sure Denise will put more pictures anna post on here to finish up this report, hadda great time ya'll come back now ya hear :thumbsup2

Let's go fish'n !! :woohoo:

All good things must come to an end. :worried:

Safe travels home guys.

Thanks for the Trip Report, Frank and Denise. :3dglasses

Bama ED

A couple of pics from our last day

New wrap on a monorail

028_zps1f516c43.jpg

Wyland painting

031_zps96f03c64.jpg

pollen in the water at the CR, not good for the allergies

027_zps7db91c0b.jpg

Taken from the 1800 loop dog walk

020_zpsa8f7f259.jpg

Good morning ya'll , !

Okay, one more post from me :).

Stopped over at the KOA at Forsyth GA. , 5 hours more and we'll be home. Did I mention that shortly after we set up there was a knock at the door,,they brought us fresh hot chocolate chip cookies !!! pixiedust: Any campground that brings us hot cookies gets a "A" in my book.
(altho being RIGHT next to the interstate, the traffic is on the loud side) But boyhowdy those were some good chocolate chip cookies :goodvibes !

Well, Let's go fish'n !

The picture of the steel work going up? What are they building and how close is it to the Fort?

The picture of the steel work going up? What are they building and how close is it to the Fort?

When you go to the dog walk on 1800 this is visible. The distance is less than 1/2 mile from The Fort. I'm not sure what it is, DVC maybe?

That abomination is the Four Season's Resort.

Yes it certainly is.

There were two golf courses over there next to the Fort. Disney kept one and still operates it. The second has had its land converted into $1M villas (not time shared) and this resort is at the center of the development. The whole thing is called "Golden Oaks" or something like that.

Thankfully it does not extend all the way down to Bay Lake.

When you drive from Downtown Disney back to the Fort and make a right past Typhoon Lagoon and drive down past OKW and PO on the right and the new kennel on the left, you come to a red light where you have to make a left or right turn. That intersection is being modified so that you can go straight (a 4-way intersection in the future) and enter the gate for Golden Oaks.

Part of the target buyer's market for the villas are foreigners (especially Central and South Americans) whose currency has appreciated against the dollar.

As long as they keep quiet and I don't have to hear them rednecks partying from my site at the Fort, I'm okay with it. Or else I'll have to call the Disney PoPo on them. :cool2: My popup is my castle! ::yes::

Bama ED

Around here, folks call my kids the redcaps, because I make them wear bright red ball caps when they trek to all our neighbors field and farm ponds to fish...year round.
And around here, my kids call you the Goofy Disney Fishermen.

They love past posts of yours, proving there's actually biting swimmers in the water over there, still, and fishing at WDW isn't just some marketing gimmick. And the wildlife pics.

Thanks for the onsite, everyday report. We enjoyed your happy's.
May you return when you mean to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter