Pre-MNSSHP meal suggestions

d0naldduck123

Mouseketeer
What are some of your favorite places for lunch? We're staying at the Riviera for a short trip and going to MNSSHP for the first time, and it will be on my birthday! For now the plan is to hang out at the pool/resort the morning of the party, get a late lunch around 2 and head into MK at 4. I'm having trouble thinking of TS places open for lunch. I'm thinking maybe GF Cafe then we can just ride the monorail to MK, but would love to hear suggestions!

Last edited:
I love eating at the Liberty Tree Tavern (in Magic Kingdom), especially right at the same time people exclusive to the MNSSHP start arriving, lots of food to keep me fueled up and enough time/walking to "digest" before going to bed later that same night, lol.
Plus, you can ask a "to go" cup of coffee, included in the price, for the extra boost. Doing that this year again. :)

What are some of your favorite places for lunch? We're staying at the Riviera for a short trip and going to MNSSHP for the first time, and it will be on my birthday! For now the plan is to hang out at the pool/resort the morning of the party, get a late lunch around 2 and head into MK at 4. I'm having trouble thinking of TS places open for lunch. I'm thinking maybe GF Cafe then we can just ride the monorail to MK, but would love to hear suggestions!
You could take Skyliner over to Y&B and have lunch at Beaches & Cream, then take the bus from there to the MK.

We have done the GF Cafe route before heading to the park, and have also done Kona.

Another option we have done is a great breakfast then back to hotel pool and then change just before heading to the party going in at 4. The big breakfast holds us until we get to MK then we eat an early dinner at 4:30ish.

When we've done MNSSHP in the past we've done GF Cafe, Steakhouse 71 (RIP The Wave), and even Geyser Point for a more relaxed meal. This time we're just going to QS in MK as we're having a morning at AK which includes breakfast at Tusker House 😋

were heading for a quick trip as well and dont want to take MK time to eat , so I booked Whispering Canyon - quick boat ride to MK, and AYCE skillet -we're booked for 1:15 so will take out time and be at the MK gate for 4 pm

We're doing Steakhouse 71, 1:55pm ADR. In 2019, we did Chef Mickey, which really filled us up and the kids had a blast. Unfortunately, they aren't serving brunch/lunch right now, so no 2pm meal there.

I would try for Steakhouse 71. I think the food and menu are better than GF Cafe. It will also be slightly easier to get to when taking the bus to MK from RIV.

Our family usually does a 4:30 Liberty Tree Tavern before a Halloween Party or a 4:30 Be Our Guest before a Christmas party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter