Pre-trip: Oma and Opa take on the World with the rest of us in tow!

stichy

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone. My sister and I finally managed to convince our parents to come along to Disney with us and the grandkids.

Cast of Characters:

Me: I'll be 35. I'm a SAHM. I am obsessed with Disney. My husband humors my addiction. He even agreed to buy DVC to keep me quiet.

DH: Will be 37. He's a finance manager with one of the largest banks in the world. He is a rabid Penn State fan. Especially football. We all love JoePa. He even follows Penn State sports that they suck at. Claims he only does Disney because it make me and DS happy.

DS: He'll be 8 and a 3rd grader. Loves to read and practice taekwondo. This will be his 13th trip to Disney since he was 3.

Sister: Also a super Disney freak. Tries to cram in as many trips as possible.

BIL: He's a man's man. Loves to hunt, fish, work outside and drink beer. Hopefully he won't want to go hunting in AK.

Nephew: Is 5. Will be a kindergartener. A little hyper. Loves food and will eat anything that is not nailed down.

Niece: She's 4 and will be in pre-k this fall. She's a fashionista. Changes her clothes multiple times per day. Usually because she is filthy. Girl can ruin a fresh outfit in about 2 minutes.

Oma: She's mom to us girls. Looking forward to a trip with her grandchildren. A bit overwhelmed by all the planning needs. Is just now trying to decide where to eat when our ADR window opens in a week. Didn't believe me when I told her a few months ago that we needed to come up with a plan on where to eat. Only came to realize the importance of planning ahead when my aunt who lives in Orlando confirmed my story. Has inner ear problems that mean she can't ride most of the rides.

Opa: Dad to us girls. Grumpy. Doesn't really like theme parks. Only going with the flow because mom is making him. Totally does not comprehend the fact that if he wants to eat a sit down meal then I need to make ressies soon. Apparently my parents think getting tables for 9 is going to very easy.

We will be traveling December 5-10. Myself and DH always drive since we only live about 7 hours away. Sis lives in Delaware and will probably be driving to save money. She's planning on stopping over night in Savannah so she can go to the Lady and Son's restaurant. I'm so jealous. I've been trying to get DH to stop there for years. Love Paula Deen. Mom and Dad live in South Jersey and they will be flying. Mom and Dad are coming in a few days early to visit my aunts.

We are all staying on mine and DH's DVC points. Took over a year's worth of points. The family all wanted to stay at AKV in savannah view rooms. So do I since it's my fave resort but I knew the chance of getting 3 studios was slim. So right now we are at Saratoga Springs. DH and I don't mind. The rest of the family whined so I have them waitlisted for Kidani. If the waitlists come through and I can't Right now Sis and Mom are still trying to decide how many day tixs they are going to buy. So not only are we waiting on people to decide where they want to eat but we are also waiting to see how many days they are going to the parks and if they are getting hoppers. Can you tell I am a little frustrated.

We are also going to MVMCP on Tuesday 12/7. Sis is trying to save money so she is thinking that the party will be the only day they go to the MK. So sis is going to try and cram the whole MK into a couple of hours. We will be there enjoying the oarade and xmas wishes and a couple of rides. DH likes to be back at the hotel by 10pm.

We are all getting the regular dining plan. My family and sis's family have both used the dining plan before. Mom basically agrees to what ever I tell her she needs.

Mom is being pretty generous on this trip. The girls and kids are going to afternoon tea one day. Mom has agreed to pay for it. Sis was planning on doing BBB and Pirate Leauge for her kids. DH didn't want DS to do Pirate Leauge since he's already done it before and he thought it was a waste on money doing something he has already done. Mom said to make sure all the kids get scheduled for makeovers and she will pay. I personally had no problem paying for my son it was just that DH was being grouchy.

The ticket dilema has been solved. The rest of the family is getting 3 day hoppers. Mom and Dad can get Fl resident rates because the co own my grandmothers house in The Villages.They will pick up florida issued ids when they come in a few days early. It saves them around $250 plus they can buy my sister's kids tickets which will save my sister $210.

Now we just need to hammer out the dining reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter