Preferred Annual Pass Hotel Discount

kmedina

Loves all things Disney
Does anyone know how much of a discount preferred passholder's get at the onsite hotels? Is the rate always available or is it only at special times?

Does anyone know how much of a discount preferred passholder's get at the onsite hotels? Is the rate always available or is it only at special times?
It’s not always available but UO will let it be known which dates are included to pass holders

It is specific dates for the ap discount

I have the preferred AP and have been able to book my stay with it
Many times when my dates are not within the specific time period, I have used the Savvy Traveler promo
( former Stay More, Save More promo)

The discount for preferred is up to 30% off at the Premier (Portofino, Hard Rock, and Royal Pacific) and Preferred (Sapphire Falls) hotels, and up to 25% off at the Prime Value (Cabana Bay and Aventura) and Value (Dockside and Surfside) hotels. They are subject to availability, they only have a certain amount of discounted rooms. And the rate is available about 90 days in advance. If you're curious about rates, you can play around with some dates without an AP on the website

It’s not always available but UO will let it be known which dates are included to pass holders

It is specific dates for the al discount

I have the preferred AP and have been able to book my stay with it
Many times when my dates are not within the specific time period, I have used the Savvy Traveler promo
( former Stay More, Save More promo)
Thanks. I'm trying to decide if I should buy an AP or regular tickets. It is cheaper to buy regular tickets but might be better to get one AP if I can get a deal on the room and discounts at the park. Do you know if I can book an AP discount before I pick up the pass in person? Of course, I would order it as soon as I see the discount offer.

The discount for preferred is up to 30% off at the Premier (Portofino, Hard Rock, and Royal Pacific) and Preferred (Sapphire Falls) hotels, and up to 25% off at the Prime Value (Cabana Bay and Aventura) and Value (Dockside and Surfside) hotels. They are subject to availability, they only have a certain amount of discounted rooms. And the rate is available about 90 days in advance. If you're curious about rates, you can play around with some dates without an AP on the website
Hmm. I wanted to make sure I got a premier room for the Express pass, so I was planning on booking more than 90 days out. If I do and an annual pass rate pops up, can I add it to my reservation?

To answer your other question, you can call and ask if your booked dates qualify for the AP discount
If rooms are available, the TM can adjust your booking rate

Only a limited number of rooms per specific dates, qualifies for the ap discount.

Yes, you can book the AP discounted hotel room before you buy the AP
Great, thanks.

To answer your other question, you can call and ask if your booked dates qualify for the AP discount
If rooms are available, the TM can adjust your booking rate

Only a limited number of rooms per specific dates, qualifies for the ap discount.
Awesome, I will keep my eyes peeled on the offers and try to call ASAP.

If tickets are cheaper, you could go ahead and buy the tickets now. If you get the passholder rate, you can upgrade to a pass mid-trip. Just have to do it before the ticket is used up and before you check out.

If tickets are cheaper, you could go ahead and buy the tickets now. If you get the passholder rate, you can upgrade to a pass mid-trip. Just have to do it before the ticket is used up and before you check out.
Thanks for the tip. The tickets are cheaper.

Thanks for the tip. The tickets are cheaper.
Also wanted to add that any level of AP will get you the room discount. With the seasonal you have to watch out for the blockout dates, depending on when you are going. It is often very little cost to upgrade a multiday ticket to a seasonal AP. There are more park discounts that come with the preferred, as in food and merchandise.

I have often checked for AP discounts, then booked it and cancelled my previous non-AP reservation after.

Also wanted to add that any level of AP will get you the room discount. With the seasonal you have to watch out for the blockout dates, depending on when you are going. It is often very little cost to upgrade a multiday ticket to a seasonal AP. There are more park discounts that come with the preferred, as in food and merchandise.

I have often checked for AP discounts, then booked it and cancelled my previous non-AP reservation after.
My dates are not blacked out, so I would qualify for the lower pass. I figured paying the extra $100 for the preferred pass would be worth it if we spent more than $1000 on food and merchandise at 10% off. We probably will, because I spent almost $200 on wands alone last time. We need new wands this time (they're buried in the garage from a move). It's possible it will come in under $1000 and then my decision to purchase the preferred pass will have been a mistake.

My dates are not blacked out, so I would qualify for the lower pass. I figured paying the extra $100 for the preferred pass would be worth it if we spent more than $1000 on food and merchandise at 10% off. We probably will, because I spent almost $200 on wands alone last time. We need new wands this time (they're buried in the garage from a move). It's possible it will come in under $1000 and then my decision to purchase the preferred pass will have been a mistake.
I've had a preferred AP for several years, there are also good perks for off-site people like i am frequently, like the free parking, early admission. I don't buy much merchandise these days. Last one I renewed in Dec 2019 and only got one trip in Feb 2020 out of it. I'm on the fence right now as to whether I will get another AP at all, will have to wait and see.

I've had a preferred AP for several years, there are also good perks for off-site people like i am frequently, like the free parking, early admission. I don't buy much merchandise these days. Last one I renewed in Dec 2019 and only got one trip in Feb 2020 out of it. I'm on the fence right now as to whether I will get another AP at all, will have to wait and see.
Those are nice perks.

I agree. If you drive having Preferred tilts the benefits to off-site over non-premier onsite. Since with Preferred you get free parking and EA. Whereas on-site, you have to pay for resort parking. For at least one pass, the upgrade cost to preferred about equals four days of parking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter