• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Premier Pass

javamoma

<font color=deeppink>Diz Kid for Life<br><font col
Would someone mind explaining Premier Pass to me? Are "fast passes" purchased individually per ride or is there a fee to get fast passes to all rides with a fast pass option. I know fast pass isn't the right term but it's what I am relating it too in my brain. Is it similar to the system in place now at WDW?
Any links to updated explanations would also be helpful.
TIA

No, it is not the same as wdw.

In the two parks there are about 12 rides which have a fastpass access. You can pay per ride or buy a package for all fp rides.

You can read it all here: https://www.disneylandparis.com/en-usd/attractions/disney-premier-access/

In my opinion, there is only one ride where it is most beneficial, crush coaster. For the others, you can do a lot of them without, depending on the season.

Also, keep in mind: how many days are you there, staying onsite (emh), once in a lifetime visit or will you be back, do you want to do it all or skip all coasters, etc.

No, it is not the same as wdw.

In the two parks there are about 12 rides which have a fastpass access. You can pay per ride or buy a package for all fp rides.

You can read it all here: https://www.disneylandparis.com/en-usd/attractions/disney-premier-access/

In my opinion, there is only one ride where it is most beneficial, crush coaster. For the others, you can do a lot of them without, depending on the season.

Also, keep in mind: how many days are you there, staying onsite (emh), once in a lifetime visit or will you be back, do you want to do it all or skip all coasters, etc.
Thank you. This information helps. We are staying on property and will rope drop EMH and stay until close. We decided to buy the premier pass because we will only be there one day. I'll be sure to report back and share if it was worth the money.

Thank you. This information helps. We are staying on property and will rope drop EMH and stay until close. We decided to buy the premier pass because we will only be there one day. I'll be sure to report back and share if it was worth the money.
Interested to know whether you thought it was worth the money? We are in a similar situation - we are only there one day and it is a once in a lifetime trip.

Interested to know whether you thought it was worth the money? We are in a similar situation - we are only there one day and it is a once in a lifetime trip.
If you have one day and it's a once in a lifetime and you have the money, I would do it.

Similar to me, I'll be in Disneyland Park just on tuesday 25 (wednesday leave to Italy). I've read is school holiday week so large crowds are expected. That's why I decided to buy Premier Access Ultimate, just for Disneyland that day, I already bought it. I'll be stay at Cheyenne so I can enter EMT. So I was planning to go to non-Premier attractions during the EMT, but I'm learning that many attractions are closed at that hour (and START to open at regular hours), and the ones who has the premier access are usually open. So EMT does not give me much benefit.

The greatest benefit I find is that I can enter Big Thunder, Phantom Manor, etc. at EMT by regular line, and later that day I can use the Premier Access if I want to enjoy again the ride, using Premier access and saving time.

But anyway, what non-premier attractions are usually open at EMT?

Hello, we just visited for the first time for one day on Thurs 13 April, which was a busy week with spring breaks and Easter holidays. We purchased premier access ultimate and were very happy we did. The popular rides’ wait times were 45 min by 10:30 am, but we had 5 min waits for most rides, maybe 10 min at most. This allowed us time to slow down and explore, have table service meals, and make the most of our one day. Ultimate is very expensive though, so you could just go a la carte - even on a busy day, most people weren’t using it.

Two thoughts: unlike the US parks, you can ride with premier access up to 3 times per ride. We tried to re-ride Big Thunder in the evening because we loved it, but it shut down around 9:30 pm instead of 11 due to rain, and a few others closed before the nighttime spectaculars. So, as others have mentioned, keep an eye on the ride operation times on the app since some close earlier. Enjoy!

Just came back from 2 days with premier Access - totally worth it.

14 rides, mostly headliners, you get to ride each one time with minimal wait. Managed to rope drop, as were staying outside property, got a few rides before lines got too long then switched to premier access. Got a lot done, and since DS5 couldn't do space mountain and indy, for example, older boys got to do one of them twice (3 including rope drop).

Two thoughts: unlike the US parks, you can ride with premier access up to 3 times per ride.
Really? Did you check that? The official web says Use it 1 time on each available attractions. Many youtubers who posted tutorial videos said also it's only once per ride. If you repeated rides with the P.A., that is new, or was a system failure (anyway I hope I can do it too, next week).

Really? Did you check that? The official web says Use it 1 time on each available attractions. Many youtubers who posted tutorial videos said also it's only once per ride. If you repeated rides with the P.A., that is new, or was a system failure (anyway I hope I can do it too, next week).
It's once per ride per pass

Sorry about the confusing statement, blame it on the jet lag. I meant to say, you can purchase premier access up to 3 times per ride. We rode Big Thunder once with our “ultimate” and then paid to ride again via “one”, but it closed down. The US parks don’t allow paid re-rides anymore.

I'm so torn as to whether to spring for the Premier Pass Ultimate. There will be five of us: 2 adults and 3 older teenagers spending July 18 at the parks for one day. The teenagers will most likely be off on their own. Tickets will be around $650, but to add the Premier Ultimate it's another 1K. I'm usually a 'take my money!" person when it comes to convenience, but I am really struggling with sticker shock on this one. I go back and forth between "it's a once in a lifetime experience during the busy season--just go for it" and "maybe we can get by with just the a la carte premier purchases." I don't want to be a chump and spend 1000.00 on something we could have easily done without. Can anyone share their experience with the July crowds? Thank you!

Pay a la carte, don't go for the package and only do it on rides that really need it.

Peter Pan is almost identical to the US versions, so you probably want to skip this ride either way.

Autopia can be skipped too with your party, for the kids and slow offloading. Cars road trip is for 5 year olds who love Cars, and can probably be skipped too. And Orbitron which is a Dumbo ride.

Maybe skip Buzz lightyear, depending on your competitiveness ;)

If possible use single riders line on Space Mountan, Indiana Jones and Ratatouille (or skip this one because the Epcot version is so similar).

Phantom Manor always moves quickly, so lines are usually not that long to get a pass, Indiana Jones is in a hidden corner with a high height requirement and is usually not that bad.

That leaves you with Crush, Avengers, Spiderman Tower of Terror, Star Tours (haven't done these in years, no idea about lines), Big Thunder Mountain. With these it will be most beneficial to buy a pass.

I would start in the studio, ride Tower of Terror without, get a pass for Avengers, Spiderman and crush (not necessarily in this order), go to the other park buy one for Big Thunder and play it by ear from there.

Hello all! So happy to find this post. I just had sticker shock for the cost of the Premier Pass for my family of four $760--more than what it will cost for admission. I can't find this on here--around how much are the a la carte costs? I'm sure they change daily due to crowds etc but just want to get a general idea. There are just. a few 'must' rides for us. For example, Phantom Manor--how much does that usually cost? Is there a chart somewhere with costs? Thank you

Pay a la carte, don't go for the package and only do it on rides that really need it.

Peter Pan is almost identical to the US versions, so you probably want to skip this ride either way.

Autopia can be skipped too with your party, for the kids and slow offloading. Cars road trip is for 5 year olds who love Cars, and can probably be skipped too. And Orbitron which is a Dumbo ride.

Maybe skip Buzz lightyear, depending on your competitiveness ;)

If possible use single riders line on Space Mountan, Indiana Jones and Ratatouille (or skip this one because the Epcot version is so similar).

Phantom Manor always moves quickly, so lines are usually not that long to get a pass, Indiana Jones is in a hidden corner with a high height requirement and is usually not that bad.

That leaves you with Crush, Avengers, Spiderman Tower of Terror, Star Tours (haven't done these in years, no idea about lines), Big Thunder Mountain. With these it will be most beneficial to buy a pass.

I would start in the studio, ride Tower of Terror without, get a pass for Avengers, Spiderman and crush (not necessarily in this order), go to the other park buy one for Big Thunder and play it by ear from there.
Thank you for this. My bank account also thanks you. We will do a la carte!

Hello all! So happy to find this post. I just had sticker shock for the cost of the Premier Pass for my family of four $760--more than what it will cost for admission. I can't find this on here--around how much are the a la carte costs? I'm sure they change daily due to crowds etc but just want to get a general idea. There are just. a few 'must' rides for us. For example, Phantom Manor--how much does that usually cost? Is there a chart somewhere with costs? Thank you
Go into the app and have a look. Otherwise take an average of 10 euro per ride, some are 8, some are 12.

Go into the app and have a look. Otherwise take an average of 10 euro per ride, some are 8, some are 12.
Great idea! I went into the app like you said. I checked the costs and compared them to the included rides for the pass and it would be maybe a $40 difference per each of us. Based on that, I went for it. This is a once in a lifetime trip. My girls are going to college next year and I don't know if we will ever travel together again. Plus, I'm already nervous about this trip and all of the unknowns! We usually only to WDW weekends and a weekly trip to NYC, places we know inside out. Having the pass will make for an easier day. Thank you to all for the advice. I can't believe we are actually going. We've talked about this for years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter