• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Premier Pass

Interested to know whether you thought it was worth the money? We are in a similar situation - we are only there one day and it is a once in a lifetime trip.
We didn't need the premier pass. Honestly, not worth the money for us only because the lines are a lot shorter at DLP, if you are use to WDW. We were there only one day and most waits were only 15 minutes. The more popular rides, like Crush's Coaster, were 40 minutes. It might be the time of year we were there, but the lack of body to body crowds and lack on long lines spoiled us.

We didn't need the premier pass. Honestly, not worth the money for us only because the lines are a lot shorter at DLP, if you are use to WDW. We were there only one day and most waits were only 15 minutes. The more popular rides, like Crush's Coaster, were 40 minutes. It might be the time of year we were there, but the lack of body to body crowds and lack on long lines spoiled us.
40 minutes for Crush is extremely rare. When were you at DLP?

More often than not Crush is around 90 minutes and in peak times we are talking 3 figure wait times.

Otherwise, you could have been lucky and arrived when the ride reopened after a disruption?

40 minutes for Crush is extremely rare.
Exactly! I have only seen that at night in the slow season. Otherwise direct to 90 or 120. The lines are more manageable at DLP than WDW in general (but not short!) , however for anyone doing a once in a lifetime trip, there is so much to explore and take in plus shows that should be accounted for.

I should have mentioned that we stayed on property and did Crush first thing in the morning before the park opened to other guests. We didn't even wait 40 minutes to ride Crush.

Great idea! I went into the app like you said. I checked the costs and compared them to the included rides for the pass and it would be maybe a $40 difference per each of us. Based on that, I went for it. This is a once in a lifetime trip. My girls are going to college next year and I don't know if we will ever travel together again. Plus, I'm already nervous about this trip and all of the unknowns! We usually only to WDW weekends and a weekly trip to NYC, places we know inside out. Having the pass will make for an easier day. Thank you to all for the advice. I can't believe we are actually going. We've talked about this for years.
Be glad yours was only $760. We are going on Christmas Day and our family of four is $1,000!

If it makes you feel better, I paid it begrudgingly. We are there one day only in the middle of a two week London/Paris trip and my ancient back has trouble standing in line. Yo do what you gotta do.

Just to let you know: It's a Small World will be added to Premier Access as well. When they refurbished the ride, they installed a Premier Access booth. Not open yet.

Disneyland Park:
- Big Thunder Mountain
- Peter Pan's Flight
- Buzz Lightyear
- Space Mountain
- Autopia
- Indiana Jones
- Star Tours
- Phantom Manor
- Orbitron
- It's a Small World (to be added soon)

The Studios:
- Avengers Assemble
- Spiderman Web
- Crush Coaster
- Tower of Terror
- Cars Road Trip
- Ratatouille

Be glad yours was only $760. We are going on Christmas Day and our family of four is $1,000!

If it makes you feel better, I paid it begrudgingly. We are there one day only in the middle of a two week London/Paris trip and my ancient back has trouble standing in line. Yo do what you gotta do.
'
'Yo do what you gotta do.' Yup! We only have the one day for both parks and it will be a once in a lifetime thing. Prepaying a few weeks ago takes a little of the sting out. I still can't believe we are finally going!

When we (4 adults) went in February we did a mix of Ultimate and individual purchases. We hit the ground running doing the parks on our arrival day, so did the individual passes. We ended up spending almost as much on all the individual rides as we did with the Ultimate. So it worked out for us to do both ways.

Part of our choice with relatively low-ish crowds was that my mom injured a tendon in her ankle about two weeks before the trip. Walking was fine for her so didn’t need a wheelchair, but standing for more than about 20 minutes would do her in. So even if the line was posted 30 minutes we would still use the pass so it would essentially be a walk-on. She didn’t qualify for a disability accommodation.

Sorry about the confusing statement, blame it on the jet lag. I meant to say, you can purchase premier access up to 3 times per ride. We rode Big Thunder once with our “ultimate” and then paid to ride again via “one”, but it closed down. The US parks don’t allow paid re-rides anymore.

I've been looking for information about this too. Does it mean you can buy three passes for the same ride in one day and even buy more passes for other rides? Or does it mean you can only buy a total of three passes? If the latter is true, does it apply to one park or two parks? For example, if I bought passes for BTM and Space Mountain in DLP, can I buy passes for Crush and Spiderman in Walt Disney studios? Will I be locked out after Crush?

Final question: It the return time for my current pass is several hours later, can I invoke the 120-minute rule?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter