Premier Vacation Homes - Sunset Lakes

kimb4

Earning My Ears
We are going on our first WDW vacation in October. We are renting an executive home in Sunset Lakes from Premier Vacation Homes. Anyone stayed there and willing to share opinions? I have been reading alot of posts that sound like you just can't have the fun if you aren't onsite.

We stayed in a Premier executive home in Lindfields (just down the road from Sunset Lakes) last October and had a great time. We enjoyed the extra space and the luxury of our own pool. You may want to consider paying extra for the pool heat. We went the end of October and the water temperature in the pool was only 72 degrees, a bit too chilly for our comfort.

We didn't mind the drive, despite the traffic. If you head to the parks early, the traffic is not too bad. About 10 a.m. the road is packed.

You'll have everything you'll need - washer and dryer, kitchen, utensils, bed linens, etc. After a day at the park, we were poolside with a nice glass of wine. We saved a lot of money by having our own kitchen.

For our last trip to WDW we also rented a house. It was great!!! We like to relax after a long, hectic day at the parks. Honestly, I don't know why some people think it's "magical" to sit on top of one another in a small hotel room.

You will love having a rental home. We avoided the worst of the traffic because we liked to get to the parks at opening and we usually left around 4pm. Just get the traffic conditions and best route to the parks from your rental home.

Have fun!

Originally posted by CDisney
[
You'll have everything you'll need - washer and dryer, kitchen, utensils, bed linens, etc. After a day at the park, we were poolside with a nice glass of wine. We saved a lot of money by having our own kitchen. [/B]

Hi CDisney! I am hoping for a trip report after your August trip, with any details about Premier and the home much appreciated! If I remember right, you have two sons close to my two daughters ages. We will be staying in an executive home in Sunset Lakes. I wanted to ask about towels. There will be 6 of us now (my sil and nephew (12 yrs.) will be going with myself, dh, dd (5 yrs.), and dd (3 yrs.) Should we pack our beach towels for swimming, or are there enough towels for showering and swimming for each day? I expect to need to do one load a day of towels, but need to know if there are, say, at least 12 towels? Thanks for your reply. 76 days to our very first trip and can hardly wait!
:pinkbounc

Kimb4,

I think you will be so pleased with your Premier Home. When we rented the house last October, we actually relaxed and didn't have to reprimand my two DSs very much. My boys just turned 4 and 6 and they are very high energy. When we previously stayed at the Contemporary and All Star Sports, we were constantly reminding them to calm down and use an indoor voice. In a hotel room, their idea of fun is leaping from bed to bed. Trying to contain their energy and repeating the rules over and over got tiring. They were much easier to manage in the rented house. I guess because they know what the expectations are inside a home. I reposted my October trip report on the trip report board if you'd like to read it.

Halloween 2000

You should have plenty of towels at the home. There were color coordinated towels in all three bathrooms and several large white ones in the linen closet. We did use the washer & dryer to maintain a fresh supply.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! The trip report was excellent and I am feeling much better about our choice to stay in the vacation home. Have a great day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter