Premium activities at Auntys Beach House

traveler_t

Earning My Ears
Any feedback on premium activities at Auntys Beach House? e.g. Kakamora Chaos with Moana, SURF’S UP! etc.

Seems the free activities get fully booked months ahead but not the premium ones. Of course the price is the main factor. Just wanted to know if I'm missing something else (maybe too long? stuck in the middle of the day? not fun enough?). Thanks!

My kiddos (girls 7 & 5) did Kakamora Chaos w/ Moana, and they both enjoyed it. They didn't seem to enjoy it many times more than they did the free offerings, though. Everything at Aulani was already so much fun that while they really liked it, it didn't stand out.

I will say, while the free offering officially booked up in advance, there were two days where I went down ~15 minutes before they started check-in and they were able to add my kids as walk-ins. I don't know if there were cancellations, or if they reserve some capacity, but they seemed to have at least a dozen open spots day-of.

I wouldn't blame you for booking a paid slot just in case -- that's what we did! -- but don't rule out squeezing into the free sessions, too.

My kiddos (girls 7 & 5) did Kakamora Chaos w/ Moana, and they both enjoyed it. They didn't seem to enjoy it many times more than they did the free offerings, though. Everything at Aulani was already so much fun that while they really liked it, it didn't stand out.

I will say, while the free offering officially booked up in advance, there were two days where I went down ~15 minutes before they started check-in and they were able to add my kids as walk-ins. I don't know if there were cancellations, or if they reserve some capacity, but they seemed to have at least a dozen open spots day-of.

I wouldn't blame you for booking a paid slot just in case -- that's what we did! -- but don't rule out squeezing into the free sessions, too.

thanks! any idea if the kid's games at Moana / Surf's up are competitive (have winners / losers)? My kids might shy away from those stuff.

thanks! any idea if the kid's games at Moana / Surf's up are competitive (have winners / losers)? My kids might shy away from those stuff.

I don't think so, but I'm not sure. My girls are similar, and they didn't complain about losing or feeling left out.

My kids are shy (but also competitive) 7 and 9 year olds and they loved both the free ABH activities (often crafts) and Surf’s Up (though heads up, they give you big heavy surf boards* that are annoying to schlep home)— unfortunately the Moana event got cancelled on us last minute.

The paid ABH stuff lasts much longer so better if you want to do spa or have a few hours to yourself between check in and check out.

*by big heavy surf boards I mean wooden surf boards that probably weigh 4-5 lbs and are maybe 7”x13” at their longest/widest points…it wouldn’t be that annoying if you didn’t need to get two of them in suitcases already pushing weight limits. They are bulkier that’s most of our cheese serving boards!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter