• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Premium economy on Delta

tcufrog

DIS Veteran
I'm booking two tickets from DFW to LGA which is about a 4 hour flight. Is Delta's premium economy worth the up charge?

How much is the charge? It gives you a little more leg room which is nice on a flight that long.

I'd say it depends on the uncharge. You get free drinks, which can be a nice bonus if it was something you'd otherwise spend money on. I'd probably be willing to pay $40 -50 more, but not much more than that.

I think they call it Comfort Plus. There's supposed to be 4 more inches of legroom and room for your carryon is guaranteed.

However, an exit row has more legroom from what I understand.

Extra leg room and free drinks. However, i have in the past been on the 'extra leg' room in the first row and it really did not feel that way. Look into the aircraft type too - that could help.

I use Delta a lot and I am flying them with Premium Comfort to Dublin in September. I have flown all classes on Delta and each aircraft has a different layout and i have seen good and bad.

PS - id be more concerned about LGA - lots of construction right now...little messy :)

Find out what aircraft you will be on, and what seat you can get. 737's at the bulkhead aren't as roomy.

Economy comfort is nice, especially on flights longer than 2.5 hours. But the price tag could be a deal breaker sometimes.

I'm short so unless I think I was going to drink $40-$50 worth of beverages (which they probably cut-off before I reached that point) it wouldn't be worth it to me.:)

Here's an example of a 737-800 seating chart:

https://www.delta.com/content/www/e...and-aircraft/Aircraft/boeing-737-800-738.html

737_800_738.png

The exit rows (and this plane has two exit rows) are technically Main Cabin, but are considered "Preferred" seats. I think main cabin is supposed to be about 30", so Comfort Plus should be 34".

I heard. Yeah, I could get why she was frustrated ... but to certain extent. Posting pics of the passengers is where it went too far.

She's being a big baby - let it go already. It's not like it was a 8 hour flight and they switched you from first class to the back row of coach. And to say that cost her $10,000. :laughing: If you're that high falutin get a private jet.

Last edited:
I heard. Yeah, I could get why she was frustrated ... but to certain extent. Posting pics of the passengers is where it went too far.

She's being a big baby - let it go already. It's not like it was a 8 hour flight and they switched you from first class to the back row of coach. And to say that cost her $10,000. :laughing: If you're that high flatulent get a private jet.

I so agree but if Delta did this cause of her political belief, they picked the wrong person to mess with, she knows crazy

I've done Delta Comfort on a 4 hour flight. IMO it's not worth the upgrade UNLESS you want the alcohol. You do get free drinks. There is slightly more room between you and the seat in front of you.

Then again, I was stuck next to a person who REFUSED to move to let me get out and use the restroom. That may have slightly affected my opinion of that seating class.

We upgraded to the comfort seats when we went Europe a couple of years ago. Worth every penny.

I doubt I would pay it for a 4hour continental US flight.

I've done Delta Comfort on a 4 hour flight. IMO it's not worth the upgrade UNLESS you want the alcohol. You do get free drinks. There is slightly more room between you and the seat in front of you.

Then again, I was stuck next to a person who REFUSED to move to let me get out and use the restroom. That may have slightly affected my opinion of that seating class.

What?! If you have to go, you have to go. Hit the call button and tell the flight attendant. They'll make the person move.

I so agree but if Delta did this cause of her political belief, they picked the wrong person to mess with, she knows crazy

Why would Delta care about her political beliefs? She is crazy - in an arrogant, elitist white prima-donna way. Heaven forbid she doesn't get her way. She got a seat, with extra leg room, and was offered a refund of the fee. What is her problem? I'm wondering why she wasn't flying first class? I thought she thought of herself as a superior being? Doesn't she deserve first class for all things?

If I was Delta, I'd put her on a no-fly list.

Can't say for sure on Delta if it is worth it yet but I just got back from Europe on Wednesday on United and while doing online check in I opted to upgrade to Premium Economy ($149) and it was so worth it. It was a 9 hour flight from Munich and I had plenty of leg room. I was miserable on the outgoing flight on Swiss Air to Europe in the economy seats. There was absolutely no room on that flight....it was horrible.

I am flying KLM/Delta to Lisbon next month and looking into Premium Economy as well for that flight.

MJ

Different strokes for different folks. My husband regularly flies for business and says unless you plan on drinking quite a bit, want a teensy more leg room, and want to deplane before everyone else except for business/first, it's probably not worth it.

We flew it from Charlotte to Los Angeles and it was worth every penny. I had so much leg room on my flight out that I could stretch my leg out completely. DH is 6'5 and really struggles in economy seats and for once, his knees didn't ram into the back of the chair in front of him.

I don't even remember if I had a drink - it was all about the legroom for me. Getting on and off the place quickly was also a bonus.

I probably wouldn't pay for it for shorter flights but DH would.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter