Premium Fantasmic Dining + Disneyland Forever Fireworks

Ciyra

Mouseketeer
We are doing a quick one day trip on Monday 8/22 to DLR to see MSEP one last time before it "glows away" and I just managed to get a reservation for River Belle Terrace for Premium Fantasmic viewing that night, which will be the 1st showing.

Is it possible for us (group of 4 adults) to be ready to jump up as soon as Fantasmic is over and book it over to the hub to see Disneyland Forever? Or is choosing to do this dinner basically mean sacrificing our Disneyland Forever viewing with the projections.

Also, is there anyway to sneak away from our table to see MSEP and come back to catch Fantasmic?

Schedule for that night:
MSEP 8:30
Fantasmic 9:00
Disneyland Forever 9:30
MSEP 10:30
Fantasmic 10:45

Last edited:
I think it would be very difficult to make it from RBT to the hub in time to see fireworks, especially with the heavy foot traffic in the area. If you stay in place, they do the fireworks projections and play the soundtrack on the RoA after F! but you likely won't be able to see much of the fireworks themselves. The view of the fireworks themselves is mediocre at best from the F! viewing area (in my opinion) and from RBT I don't think you would be able to see much at all due to trees and the RBT building but I could be wrong. I am not sure you would be able to leave and go view MSEP either- perhaps someone else could comment on that- but I think the idea is you have a leisurely dinner while you wait for F! and it's not really intended to leave and come back. You could also get caught in heavy congestion trying to do this that might be a problem as you will potentially be pretty tight on time or may not even have time for this. Remember 8:30 parade means it starts at IASW at that time (and last week when we were there it started almost 10 min late at IASW).

Personally, I think the RBT Premium package is best suited to folks who can't sit on the ground and really need/want a seat for F! Despite the "Premium" name, the view is only OK as it's a bit back from the RoA and there is an active walkway between the restaurant and the show. Reviews here also seem to be pretty mixed - especially if you don't get the front row of tables and there doesn't seem to be a way to control this.

If the purpose of your visit is MSEP but you want to attempt the trifecta, I think you'd be better off doing the first MSEP, fireworks and the second F!, which is often easier to find viewing for anyway (or see if you can snag a F! Hungry Bear package 2nd show booking or some such).

Not sure timewise but maybe catching the train to main street and watching from there would be better than on the hub??

Not sure timewise but maybe catching the train to main street and watching from there would be better than on the hub??
Are you suggesting they try to ride the train from the New Orleans station all the way around to Main Street? After the first Fantasmic show? This would be impossible as the fireworks start almost immediately after Fantasmic ends.

I watched the fireworks from the Fantasmic viewing area. It’s nice they show the projections on the water screens but it’s not as good at watching it from Main Street/hub.

To the OP, I would try the first MSEP followed by fireworks then watch the second Fantasmic (and skip the premium dining).

In the end we decided to do Plaza dining package to have a good spot for the 1st parade and the Hungry Bear To Go package for Fantasmic 2nd show. There was a mad dash from Hungry Bear to the MSEP viewing area to make it in time for the first parade, but it worked out.

Side note: Hungry Bear To Go food was basically inedible. The highlight of the sloppy joe meal was the orange. The broccoli appeared to have been cooked a week prior, and was overly peppery for some reason. I had the ribs, but trying to eat messy ribs while waiting for a parade was not an experience I'll choose to do again. BUT the viewing area was amazing. Front row at the fence, got to sit down the whole time and even lean back and stretch out our legs because it was not crowded AT ALL. I'd do it again for the view even with the terrible food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter