• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Preordering pictures?

DisneyLove2015

Mouseketeer
If I preorder the 10 pics for $149, is that for a USB/CD of those pics or the actual photo prints?

Also, if I preorder and then decide we don't want the pictures (for whatever reason) is it refundable? How would I go about getting a refund?

If we wait to buy, do they offer a package deal onboard? Buy X amount of prints for $x?

We will be on the Wonder for 7 days at the end of January if it matters.

They will offer packages on the boat but you get less photos for the same price. I decided not to pre-buy on our last trip, but ended up not being able to leave without buying them.

The pre-purchase packages are USB and I've been told you can get a refund if you decide you don't want.

If I preorder the 10 pics for $149, is that for a USB/CD of those pics or the actual photo prints?

Also, if I preorder and then decide we don't want the pictures (for whatever reason) is it refundable? How would I go about getting a refund?

If we wait to buy, do they offer a package deal onboard? Buy X amount of prints for $x?

We will be on the Wonder for 7 days at the end of January if it matters.
All photo options are on a USB. Technically all the photos taken are on the USB, but when you get home you choose which 10 photos to "unlock" for your package.

You can cancel the package, as long as you do it by the last full day of the cruise. The credit will be placed back on your onboard account. You go to Shutters to do it.

The packages you can pre-buy are the same ones they offer on the ship. If you purchase the full photo package (all photos taken) you get a reduction in the price if you pre-purchase it.

For anyone who has ordered the picture package I have a question about guests in other staterooms. We are cruising with friends and I am wondering what happens to the pictures that are taken if there are kids from multiple staterooms in a picture? Will they be included in my package if my kids are in the picture even though there are children in the picture that are not mine? I just don't want to buy unlimited photo package and have a bunch of pictures taken with characters with the group if I don't have any access to them. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this.

Any pictures taken that the facial recognition picks up someone from your stateroom in should show up in your available pictures.

Last edited:
Any pictures taken that the facial recognition picks up someone from your stateroom in should show up in your available pictures.

And any pictures that have someone from your stateroom that don't automatically show up can be added if you go into their electronic system on the ship and add them. This is also helpful for Aquaduck pictures etc where the software is less than perfect, but if you know the day and the time of day the pictures were taken, you can find them.

And any pictures that have someone from your stateroom that don't automatically show up can be added if you go into their electronic system on the ship and add them. This is also helpful for Aquaduck pictures etc where the software is less than perfect, but if you know the day and the time of day the pictures were taken, you can find them.
Thank you! I know our last cruise we ended up purchasing a package on board so I am going pre purchase with the savings. I read on the site I can get a refund if needed while on board if for some reason we don't end up with very many desirable photos. Less than 100 days to go! :yay:

We sailed on the Magic in December and were told you can no longer unlock your images once you get home. I purchased the USB with 15 images and had to decide which images I wanted using the kiosk before the end of the cruise. Only those selected images where placed on the UBS.

We are two siblings traveling across three cabins with our spouses and kids, with a kid from both families staying with Grandma in the middle cabin. Which package would you recommend? If I buy it, will it cover any photos of my mom or just photos of her if my child (the one staying with her) is in it with her? Will it only cover my brother’s family if they are in group photos with mine? Thank you!

We are two siblings traveling across three cabins with our spouses and kids, with a kid from both families staying with Grandma in the middle cabin. Which package would you recommend? If I buy it, will it cover any photos of my mom or just photos of her if my child (the one staying with her) is in it with her? Will it only cover my brother’s family if they are in group photos with mine? Thank you!

If you are talking about the unlimited photos package, it will cover any pictures that you or you children (or your husband if you have one) are in. For the unlimited package, your sibling could buy the same package at half price after you buy it. This would cover all the pictures they are in without you. Some people report other people in those cabins also being included in solo shots (like your parents alone) but that is a bonus, not the policy.

For the 15 picture packages, etc. you can choose any 15 pictures with anyone you want in them. The unlimited plan has a 15% discount for the first cabin, but the second cabin must be bought on board, so you get the 50% discount, but not the 15% also on that one. There is no discount (I don't think) for the 15 picture packages being bought ahead. All packages can be canceled on board by the last full day if you don't like the pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter