Prepaid ADR's and AP Discount?

niclodn

DIS Veteran
Do you still need to request a refund for the AP discount on the prepaid ADR's like CRT and HDDR? If so, is this done at the restaurant or guest services? According to my CC statement, it looks like I was charged full price for both. TIA!

I don't doubt they do it this way hoping folks will forget to ask for the discount! Last time I went to CRT I asked the server about it, but they did nothing. So I called after I got home and had it dealt with. I need to make a note for myself to ask when at HDDR next month.

I don't doubt they do it this way hoping folks will forget to ask for the discount! Last time I went to CRT I asked the server about it, but they did nothing. So I called after I got home and had it dealt with. I need to make a note for myself to ask when at HDDR next month.
I absolutely agree!

Could be I guess but my server actually asked before I presented my AP discount card.

We’ve never had a problem getting the AP discount applied. I mention it to my server when we order. And I put my card out on the table as we’re nearing the end of the meal. The server has always applied the discount with no issue or attitude.

Do you still need to request a refund for the AP discount on the prepaid ADR's like CRT and HDDR? If so, is this done at the restaurant or guest services? According to my CC statement, it looks like I was charged full price for both. TIA!
The last time we went to HDD was pre-Covid, so this may have changed. We had to show our AP card and photo ID when we checked in, and then they processed our AP discount as a refund to the credit card we used to pay for it when we booked. I think they do that to be sure the guest has a valid AP at the time of the ADR.

When we booked in May for this coming July, we paid the full price. When we check in, I'll ask for the AP discount.

The last time we went to HDD was pre-Covid, so this may have changed. We had to show our AP card and photo ID when we checked in, and then they processed our AP discount as a refund to the credit card we used to pay for it when we booked. I think they do that to be sure the guest has a valid AP at the time of the ADR.

When we booked in May for this coming July, we paid the full price. When we check in, I'll ask for the AP discount.
Last time we went I had to go to a little window around the side of where check-in was. It took forever for the CM to figure out how to process the refund for the discount - like 20-30 minutes. Hoping it doesn't take that long this time!

Last time we went I had to go to a little window around the side of where check-in was. It took forever for the CM to figure out how to process the refund for the discount - like 20-30 minutes. Hoping it doesn't take that long this time!
I had forgotten about that window but don’t remember it taking very long. Hopefully reports will start being posted about the current procedure and it won’t be such a problem.

I had forgotten about that window but don’t remember it taking very long. Hopefully reports will start being posted about the current procedure and it won’t be such a problem.

Dear CarolynFH, I plan to book at HDDR as my reservation window will open soon for a late October stay. I am an annual passholder and I wonder about the experience you had in July to get your discount. Was the procedure the same than in the pre-COVID era?

Dear CarolynFH, I plan to book at HDDR as my reservation window will open soon for a late October stay. I am an annual passholder and I wonder about the experience you had in July to get your discount. Was the procedure the same than in the pre-COVID era?
Yes it was. We went to the window just to the left of Pioneer Hall (next to the restrooms), gave the CM my ID and AP, and he processed a 10% refund to the CC we used to book. Quick and easy, no issues at all!

FYI, this process was separate from actually checking in for HDD. That has to be done at the checkin booth outside Pioneer Hall, as per instructions on the reservation confirmation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter