Preparing for Nicole, Rain tips, and other advice!

OK, I know we all joke about it being bad when it’s Jim Cantore showing up, but I know someone who works in a hotel in Brevard county and they have had a request from the Weather Channel to stay at the hotel and broadcast from there. That is certainly a first in my friends and family circle. I don’t know if the request was granted or not, and I don’t have access to the Weather Channel, so I guess I will find out afterwards. I would suppose they have people reporting from all up and down the coast.

I’m guessing with no announcement, parks are open tomorrow…. And Thursday to be determined?

My Amtrak to Delray Beach for Friday was canceled, so I had to book another night at CSR for $475! I had no choice - I needed a room. The good thing is, I get to spend Friday at the parks…
They didn’t give you any special rate to add an additional night? That’s preposterous. I got stranded at WL after New Year’s weekend in early ‘99 because of a bizzard in Chicago and they gave us a discounted rate of $125 for the extra couple of nights. We had been paying something like $185 during that trip.

They didn’t give you any special rate to add an additional night? That’s preposterous. I got stranded at WL after New Year’s weekend in early ‘99 because of a bizzard in Chicago and they gave us a discounted rate of $125 for the extra couple of nights. We had been paying something like $185 during that trip.
For Ian people reported everything from nothing to like 30% off. It depended entirely on the property, the manager and sometimes the customer pushing back (that was POFQ where a manager magically discovered a discount after the manager insisted the poster had to pay rack rate and the poster was like NOPE).

For this I would expect nothing. OP could look around at area hotels but it sounds like they don’t really want to move. Unfortunately that night is already a really expensive night as it’s a holiday and Swolphin isn’t much of an option as it’s food and wine is this weekend so they’re packed.

When my flight got cancelled in Feb and I had to spend an extra night at WL. They told me the procedure was rack rate of the lowest level room or they could inquire with other Disney hotels if there was availability if we wanted something cheaper. I took their offer as my credit card insurance covered it. I think the days of goodwill type discounts are fast disappearing.

About ADRs. Think of it. All those people who aren’t going to the parks are going to want to do something. So all the slots will be taken quickly.

😢 are you going to reschedule then? Feel for you after all this time!

We have to wait for the rest of our party (6 adults, 3 rooms, 2 different airlines) to figure out plan “B”. I went ahead and looked at Delta’s site for flights on Friday and they are showing sold out across the board, but I think that’s them blocking those flights, because that’s what Thursday’s flights look like too. They still show up but all fare types show SOLD OUT.

So a holding pattern to decide on a set of dates that will work for the other 4, could be tricky on short notice. But I’ll need to call WDW tomorrow and tell them something. There are dates in early Dec that had rooms but don’t know if everyone can get their PTO approved this quickly.

Just got an email from Delta that our flight from RDU on Thursday (arriving at MCO at 11:25am) has been canceled.
Just got an email from AA - our flight from DCA on Thursday (arriving at MCO at 11:00) has no flight changes. Buutttt if you want you can change it without a fee.

No..and, I wasn’t even asking for that. I was lucky to get this same room at all - the lady wasn’t very helpful. I explained that this was out of my control, that I didn’t just decide to stay an extra day just because. Originally they weren’t going to allow me to add they day until the day before because it was a package stay, but I never reserved a package deal - they just gave me some freebies on their own. Ultimately the lady spoke to her supervisor and this is how we ended up.

I wasn’t going to search all around WDW or the area to find another room, so ...any port in a storm, lol

No..and, I wasn’t even asking for that. I was lucky to get this same room at all - the lady wasn’t very helpful. I explained that this was out of my control, that I didn’t just decide to stay an extra day just because. Originally they weren’t going to allow me to add they day until the day before because it was a package stay, but I never reserved a package deal - they just gave me some freebies on their own. Ultimately the lady spoke to her supervisor and this is how we ended up.

I wasn’t going to search all around WDW or the area to find another room, so ...any port in a storm, lol
Do you have travel insurance? This could possibly be covered by it.

Just got an email from Delta that our flight from RDU on Thursday (arriving at MCO at 11:25am) has been canceled.
I am so sorry! I hope you reschedule with our any issues! I know you need to coordinate with a Bunch of people

Did you make it to MCO??? If so, have a good time - as good as you can under the next day or 2 of weather.

FWIW, my DS+wife were traveling on Frontier and that has also been canceled for Thursday morning.
Hope you can get your group rescheduled!

Did you make it to MCO??? If so, have a good time - as good as you can under the next day or 2 of weather.

FWIW, my DS+wife were traveling on Frontier and that has also been canceled for Thursday morning.
I did! We got in around 6 and made it to all star movies, had dinner, stocked up on some snacks, doing some work, and then heading to bed, I didn’t sleep well last night. Hoping for some park time tomorrow and planned some games and stuff for Thursday and DD selected her movies to watch already 🤣

I hope you reschedule soon!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter