gabi_ander

Earning My Ears
I made reservations for 8 people at BOG back in November for early next week. When making the reservation I was asked how many guests I had but was not asked the ages of the guests that will be attending. This alone did not matter to me but after putting in my reservation I received a charge of $617.52. This is not a pending charge, it has gone through and the money has been taken from my account and is not marked as pending. After this charge, and given I was not asked the ages of my guests, I am curious if this is a prepaid charge. I calculated from the BOG site that without tax or tip the total was $471. This price comes directly from $62 per adult (x7) and $37 (x1).

I was wondering if anyone else had encountered this. From what I can tell BOG does have a pending charge to hold reservations but you end up paying for your meal after eating. I think $617.52 is a pretty large hold as it seems to take into account both base rate, tax, and tip. I have seen a few other posts here about this but it seems the OP never follows up in the thread so I am at a loss.

Are you sure you weren’t booking Cinderella’s Royal Table?

Are you sure you weren’t booking Cinderella’s Royal Table?
Ok, after checking it was for CRT which makes me feel so dumb but whatever. However, I don't think the charge amount matches up. If I calculate with 8 adults, 6.5% tax, and 18% gratuity I get $624. If I do 7 adults and 1 child with tax and gratuity I get $594. Obviously, neither are $619, the $20 is not really that big of a deal IMO but just curious how they calculated that amount.

Ok, after checking it was for CRT which makes me feel so dumb but whatever. However, I don't think the charge amount matches up. If I calculate with 8 adults, 6.5% tax, and 18% gratuity I get $624. If I do 7 adults and 1 child with tax and gratuity I get $594. Obviously, neither are $619, the $20 is not really that big of a deal IMO but just curious how they calculated that amount.
I know they sometimes bump prices a bit during peak times. Maybe next week counts? I'm not sure. I know phone waits can be long, but maybe send an email and see what you hear back. If not, keep your receipt and check with your server the day you are there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter