• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Prepay MF

SWofDisorder

Expatriate Fun
Is it possible to prepay the MF for next year? It seems like just when I get past Christmas along comes the MF. Of course I try to be prepared but it would be easier to just give DVC the money when I have a little extra.

Is it possible to prepay the MF for next year? It seems like just when I get past Christmas along comes the MF. Of course I try to be prepared but it would be easier to just give DVC the money when I have a little extra.

I don't think so because the dues amount has not been established for next year. Why don't you open a separate bank account to hold it in?

Or buy a Disney GC when you have the extra - as long as they continue to take GCs.

Or just have dues deducted monthly? That way it's not such a big hit, all at once.

I've prepaid dues. I just called MS and asked them to apply the funds (gift cards in my case) to my account.

Sue, that is good to know. At one point I do remember having a small credit from using Disney gift cards to pay off the MF.

I wondered if I could make small payments a bit at time, break up the one big hit KWIM. Monthly would be a great option and I am going to look into it.

I've prepaid dues. I just called MS and asked them to apply the funds (gift cards in my case) to my account.

I wondered if I could make small payments a bit at time, break up the one big hit KWIM. Monthly would be a great option and I am going to look into it.
Just so you are aware, the monthly payment option requires setting up direct debit from a US bank account.

Yes, you can prepay your MF - I did it last year when I was getting 5% rewards on all Disney purchases with my Disney premier visa. I just called MS and told them what I wanted to do. For the rest of the year, I had a $3000 credit on my dues statement whenever I looked at my account online.

When the MF were actually announced at the end of the year, I was sent a bill for the difference in my prepayment and what I actually owed.

It was a great way to rack up some extra disney reward dollars on an amount that I already knew I would have to pay.

Yes, you can prepay your MF - I did it last year when I was getting 5% rewards on all Disney purchases with my Disney premier visa. I just called MS and told them what I wanted to do. For the rest of the year, I had a $3000 credit on my dues statement whenever I looked at my account online.

When the MF were actually announced at the end of the year, I was sent a bill for the difference in my prepayment and what I actually owed.

It was a great way to rack up some extra disney reward dollars on an amount that I already knew I would have to pay.

Yep, I also prepaid some of my annual fees last year. I called in $500. worth of Target Disney gift cards that you get a 5% discount with when you use the Target Red Card. Since it wasn't a busy time where lots of other owners were calling in they let me read all the numbers on the phone with no limit on the number of cards. It just shows as a credit on your account and was also reflected on the statement they mailed me in December. I just thought paying with gift cards a little at a time during the year would be easier than dealing with all the gift cards I use at the end of the year. I did save all the gift cards just to be safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter