Pres week versus Easter week 2014?

luvallprincesses

DIS Veteran
Planning ahead for 2014. We are week-after-Thanksgiving regulars, so we may be in crowd-shock for a day or so either way, but need to go the week including President's Day (Sat prior to Sun after) or the week after Easter (Fri prior to Sun after), which is super late April. Thoughts?

luvallprincesses said:
Planning ahead for 2014. We are week-after-Thanksgiving regulars, so we may be in crowd-shock for a day or so either way, but need to go the week including President's Day (Sat prior to Sun after) or the week after Easter (Fri prior to Sun after), which is super late April. Thoughts?

Presidents Week will be less crowded than Easter, but still very busy.

My daughter went this year the Saturday before Pres Day. We usually always go during slow times. She was shocked at how busy it was (I warned her). A lot of the crowd is also because of opening weekend for NASCAR, Daytona 500. She went to MK first, just to get in the lines were back up to security, she went to monorail to bus to AK. Never been Easter Week but they have closed parks due to capacity.

I actually think that because Easter is so late next year the week after may not be that bad. Nothing scientific, but most school systems are well done with Spring break by then. Schools that tie vacation to Easter will probably go with the week before.

I actually think that because Easter is so late next year the week after may not be that bad. Nothing scientific, but most school systems are well done with Spring break by then. Schools that tie vacation to Easter will probably go with the week before.

Having nothing to do with Easter, this week is school vacation week in much of the Northeast. It also seems to be a big week for our Disney friends across the pond. Whenever I have gone this week, WDW seems to be full of Boston and British accents. :goodvibes

I don't know how much that affects crowds though.

SmallWorld71 said:
Having nothing to do with Easter, this week is school vacation week in much of the Northeast. It also seems to be a big week for our Disney friends across the pond. Whenever I have gone this week, WDW seems to be full of Boston and British accents. :goodvibes

I don't know how much that affects crowds though.

Just to be sure, when you say "this week", you are referring to the last week of April on a regular basis, regardless of Easter? I'm from Pennsylvania; we don't have a spring break at all except a couple of days for Easter.

Just to be sure, when you say "this week", you are referring to the last week of April on a regular basis, regardless of Easter? I'm from Pennsylvania; we don't have a spring break at all except a couple of days for Easter.

Sorry, this is what happens when you DIS while eating your lunch at work.;)

"April vacation" as it is known around here always includes the Monday holiday of Patriot's Day, which is also Boston Marathon day, and is generally the 3rd week in April. In 2014, it would be Monday, April 21st, the day after Easter.
In this area there are generally two vacation weeks: the one including President's Day and the one including Patriot's Day. I do know that there are a number of districts a bit further south than us who are not having an April vacation this year due to the number of days missed with hurricane Sandy.

Our district, in ct will have its spring break the week leading up to easter in 2014- the week which included the 18th. This is always our week, along with most of ct, and it often is shared with ma, ri, and nh. Ny is typically the week prior to ours, but with easter being so late i am unsure how that will play out yet.

We are spring break regulars, usually at Easter time. Well this year for the first time we went during Pres week, and yes it was crowded, but honestly not nearly as bad as the usual Easter crowds. It was also beautiful weather. I think in the future we're sticking with Presidents week over Easter time.

In RI, we actually have good Friday off (the Friday before Easter) and the week after Easter in 2014. So that's the 18th - 27th.

We are Mardi Gras regulars, but due to a visitor, we are doing Easter this year. From looking at estimated crowds, looks like Easter is going to be way busier, than what we are used to, except when MG & PD are the same week.

The only time I've seen crowds like this, are when Mardi Gras and President's week are the same week. For 2014, they are different (Mardi Gras is March 4th).

I would chose President's week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter