President Obama at WDW Thursday

RR0206

DVC Member
President Obama is going to be at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom on Thursday.

That is kindof exciting. Main Street will be closed but the rest of the park will be open. Seems like a good time to go to the parks with added entertainment and late nights for Hollywood Studios and Epcot.

Wish I was going to be there!

Stay far away from the MK. Secret Service doesn't care if you are inconvenienced or late for your lunch reservation. Their job is far more important.

DH just read the advance press instructions. Press will park at the Contemporary.....stay away from that madness of press trucks and cars.

The exclusion zone will be cleared before the park opens, security will be serious. They will look at everything.....no little sticks holding open your bags.

If you go, take your patience. If you get pissy, you will be asking for an e-ticket ride out of the park.

The park will be sweeped around 7 am.....bomb sniffing dogs and visual inpections.

This is not Disney Security....it will be secret service.

These precautions are standard for all Presidental visits. Heck, when he visits the UN traffic is stopped for blocks and they even close the East River!!! (I was stuck out there years ago waiting for the USCG to open the river!)

I am at Disney now and I just got a notice left in my room that on Thursday, no MK EMH. But morning EMH at AK, and evening EMH at Epcot and the Studios. And the Studios will be having a Rock the Night Fireworks Spectacular at 7. We were headed for Epcot that day anyhow and now it really sounds like the best choice.

Ironically a tourist at the MK that day could go to Liberty Square and see the President in the Hall of Presidents oddly enough!

He will hopefully be LOOOOOOONG gone before we get there next Tuesday! :headache::sad2:

Just a heads up for those that plan to go to the Magic Kingdom Thur, the MK Parking Dept was putting out the traffic cones that are normaly in the pattern for the MK Parking Lot being Closed, So you may not be allowed to Park in the Magic Kingdom Parking Lot.

Also plan on delays in Bus Service cause if roads are closed, this will impact the Bus Routes that go around WDW, this will mostly impact the MK Resort areas the most.

Z :cool2:

Take part in our live online chat at www.cfnews13.com/chat

Have you changed your plans of going to Disney because of the President or are you there and what are you seeing? News 13 would love to hear from you! Our live online chat is going on right now www.cfnews13.com/chat

We look forward to chatting with you!

PERSONAL OPINION: Keep the ?#%@ campaigning out of the parks!

Amen.

And even if they choose to ignore that, can't they at least plan these photo-ops for outside of normal park hours? (Say, in the morning before opening, so that security folks can do their sweep overnight.)

"I want to see more tourists here tomorrow." uh duh. I know what he meant but what a dumb statement . . . . .

Does not matter who it is shutting down parts for this is wrong! I can see military, make a wish, special olympics....... But not to announce a plan to make it easier for people to get travel visa's. Our borders need to be made more secure not less. Feel bad for those that had planned on going to mk that day and had to change plans. Ok enough before I get in trouble.

Feel bad for those that had planned on going to mk that day and had to change plans. Ok enough before I get in trouble.

Why feel bad? The park wasn't closed -- and by all accounts, the crowds were low, lines were short and they had extra entertainment everywhere you looked.

It was good to see they took him out of The Hall of Presidents and put him in Fantasy Land....

Yes I did because I am able to do that with out ANY news agency telling me how.

Yes. Clearly, your genius exceeds you. I had to ask, because I hadn't seen the Fantasyland joke anywhere else. Only a true free-thinking comic savant could have come up with that.

:worship:

Yes. Clearly, your genius exceeds you. I had to ask, because I hadn't seen the Fantasyland joke anywhere else. Only a true free-thinking comic savant could have come up with that.

:worship:

I didn't see Obama in front of the castle, only Goofy...there, more genius for ya.

I didn't see Obama in front of the castle, only Goofy...there, more genius for ya.

I have to ask -- what was the part you removed? There was a bunch of missing letters and *** and I couldn't make out what it said, then you removed it completely.

Surely, you're not trying to hide your true genius from the world, are you???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter