• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

President's Week-February 2020

MrsMama

Earning My Ears
I'm in the early stages of planning our next trip to WDW, and am tentatively thinking about the week of President's Day next year. What are the typical crowd levels that week (as many schools are out)? We went over Thanksgiving a couple years ago, and it was definitely busy, but we felt like it was manageable. Are crowds on par with that, or crazier like the Christmas-New Year's stretch?

I ask, because my alternative time would be the week of New Year's (trying to accommodate school schedules and this will be part of the kids' Christmas presents).

544493_4621770547019_833007002_n.jpg

Our past two trips have concluded on the Friday before President's Day. This picture was taken from the train station on the Friday afternoon prior to President's Day 2013. It was a drastic difference from earlier in the week, where crowds were much lower. In the week leading up to PD weekend the past two times we've gone, crowds were manageable. In 2017, Haunted Mansion, Pirates and the Little Mermaid were walk-on most days, early in the week. By Friday, they were easily approaching hour-long waits.

I'll be there Friday, Sat, Sun of President's weekend this year. I'll mostly be in the parks evening only due to a work conference. I'll try to remember to take some pics and report back for you.

Thanks everyone! Working around school schedules definitely limits our options. We went at the end of August this past summer, and my husband said he'd rather have more people than the higher temps, so here we are!

We’ve gone Presidents’ Week for the last 4-5 years. It’s definitely busy, but not horrible. The weekends are worse of course (because of Presidents’ Day the first weekend and the Princess Half Marathon the second weekend), but mid-week isn’t too bad. Any of that week would be WAY better than New Year’s week.

ETA: of course, seeing as 2020 will be the first year after Galaxy’s Edge is open, all bets are off. But New Year’s would still be much worse, IMO.

We went the week of President's Day about 3 years ago and it was completely manageable. If you go in with a good plan, FP+, etc., you should be fine. We've also gone Christmas week and President's Day week was a far cry from those crowds.

We’ve gone Presidents’ Week for the last 4-5 years. It’s definitely busy, but not horrible. The weekends are worse of course (because of Presidents’ Day the first weekend and the Princess Half Marathon the second weekend), but mid-week isn’t too bad. Any of that week would be WAY better than New Year’s week.

ETA: of course, seeing as 2020 will be the first year after Galaxy’s Edge is open, all bets are off. But New Year’s would still be much worse, IMO.

I was just discussing Galaxy's Edge with DH this evening. It will definitely be interesting to see the impact around WDW.

We went the week of President's Day about 3 years ago and it was completely manageable. If you go in with a good plan, FP+, etc., you should be fine. We've also gone Christmas week and President's Day week was a far cry from those crowds.

Good to know, thank you!

We’ve been during this week a few times since I am a teacher and have winter break then. I was worried it would be bad because of others out on school break, but it was totally manageable. We were there this Christmas to NYE and it was much busier. The craziest I’ve ever seen the parks was this past Veterans Day weekend, which coincided with the last weekend of F&W...

We’ve been during this week a few times since I am a teacher and have winter break then. I was worried it would be bad because of others out on school break, but it was totally manageable. We were there this Christmas to NYE and it was much busier. The craziest I’ve ever seen the parks was this past Veterans Day weekend, which coincided with the last weekend of F&W...

Thank you! I'm waiting for the official school calendar to be released to make sure breaks are when I expect them to be, but I think I'll book soon. Interesting about Veterans Day being so crowded. It seems like the fall is getting to busier and busier.

I will be there for a one-off day trip on President's Day itself. Having gone this time of year in the past I can reiterate what others have said. It's busy, sure, but manageable, especially with the right planning. I'm hoping that most people will be traveling home on the actual Monday of Pres Day and the parks will be less busy (though I'm not getting my hopes up haha). My g/f and I are just going for fun while in the area for other reasons so I'm not sweating it too much. Just gonna ride what we can!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter